New employees not working out !!

Do you have written procedures for what your employees are supposed to do? Some people have good memories, some don't and some are just scatterbrains. I wrote tons of Step 1.... Step 2....Step N procedures for testers and young engineers that avoided a lot of failures and rework.

Do you have written procedures for what your employees are supposed to do? Some people have good memories, some don't and some are just scatterbrains. I wrote tons of Step 1.... Step 2....Step N procedures for testers and young engineers that avoided a lot of failures and rework.
Yes , I have one typed up page that is lamented and she failed to even follow that . She even lied to me on the phone but I have voice recordings !!
The odd thing was she was doing ok 2 weeks ago, and I was planning on hiring her sister next week lol

Yes , I have one typed up page that is lamented and she failed to even follow that . She even lied to me on the phone but I have voice recordings !!
FBI investigation?
The odd thing was she was doing ok 2 weeks ago, and I was planning on hiring her sister next week lol
WTF? Are you hiring au pair girls?
I need another employee and she said her sister needs a job
This was before I was aware of her “ screw ups “ as she was doing ok

I have to closely monitor her this week and see if she makes anymore errors , If so , that’s it

I know how difficult it is to find good workers. How are you locating, testing and interviewing them? What does your ad state the requirements are and what actual skills do they need besides being able to correctly follow verbal & written instructions?

Maybe you should look for someone who either needs the job really badly or doesn't need it but wants the extra hours? Both would be motivated to do what ever is necessary to keep the job I would think.

Both have made massive screw ups after I told them dozens of times to “ not make this mistake “
I am so frustrated right now that I can see this going on much longer
I have hired all ages , races and now gender and it’s been a total disaster!
Before you blame me ??? I had the same franchise business in Oregon for a decade and rarely had to fire anyone

I feel your pain.

Being a manager nowadays must be a nightmare when it comes to handling employees.

Of course, today is better than the days when women were expected to make the coffee.

But nowadays, many employees are looking for any excuse to complain.

Maybe that is why some employers prefer undocumented immigrants, most of whom are so darned grateful for a job that they do not give lip but show up regularly and follow directions. Then, as they become more "Americanized," they, too, start to create headaches for the boss.

One of the girls quit last week as she was on her final chance . The smarter one almost got fired today and made the biggest error you can make in my store
I watched her on Saturday alone from my cameras

I really don’t know how much more I can take !!
I have been through 15 employees in only 3.5 yrs
Everyone was “ genetically damaged “

I think my days in Vegas are coming to a closure

Kind of wished I could just die in my sleep lol
Do you ever stop to think that maybe it's you that's the problem?

One of the girls quit last week as she was on her final chance . The smarter one almost got fired today and made the biggest error you can make in my store

Kind of sounds like you suck as a manager. If you've gone through 15 employees in 3 years, it sounds like you are doing a very poor job training them and motivating them.

Maybe it is for the best your days as a manager are coming to a close.

Kind of sounds like you suck as a manager. If you've gone through 15 employees in 3 years, it sounds like you are doing a very poor job training them and motivating them.

Maybe it is for the best your days as a manager are coming to a close.
In Portland I had little problems but Vegas attracts the “ lowest folks”.

Do you ever stop to think that maybe it's you that's the problem?

I feel like a “ beaten , broken man “

So what does that say about you that you moved there?

What kind of business do you run? It would seem with the high rate of unemployment, you should be able to attract quality candidates...

What kind of remuneration are you offering? If you are only offering minimum wage, that might be a large part of your problem.

How are you sorting resumes and conducting interviews? Are you checking with previous employers?

So what does that say about you that you moved there?

What kind of business do you run? It would seem with the high rate of unemployment, you should be able to attract quality candidates...

What kind of remuneration are you offering? If you are only offering minimum wage, that might be a large part of your problem.

How are you sorting resumes and conducting interviews? Are you checking with previous employers?
I do check references And I pay $3 more than min wage

Forum List

Back