NCAA Football Tournament

Oregon's speed is the difference. They run off plays as fast as the officials will allow. They have an almost NFL level of play from their receivers. They can wear down even a very good college team as they did yesterday. They scored so easily in the second half that it was embarrassing. They have a Heisman QB that truly earned the votes and he proves it on the field. As long as Mariota stays healthy Oregon is clearly the best team in the country. Ohio State is a great team but there is no way they can keep up with Oregon.

Ohio State 24

Oregon 41

OOPS!
Looks like all of you Ohio State haters and Alabama lovers discovered that Urban Meyer had peed in your corn flakes this morning!

:coffee:
:eek-52:
:party:
:thewave:

WHEN are you Urban Meyer haters going to figure out that the BEST football coach in college football resides in OHIO, not in Alabama or Texas or Oregon or Florida or Louisiana or Mississippi or California?

What other college football program could make it to the Championship game after losing it's top two quarterbacks and relying on a 3rd string sophomore quarterback that nobody had ever heard of a month ago?

Wisconsin was destroyed. The great Alabama blew a 15 point lead and was outscored 28-0 at one point. What will Ohio State do to Oregon?

I predict that Zeke and Cardale will have a field day running through Oregon's porous run defense.

Final Score: Ohio State- 38 Oregon- 24

That is a lot to read into a few end-of-season games. I love that some people are now raving that the SEC has been terrible all along. lol

And if you call Oregon's defense "porous", you obviously didn't watch them play.

Buckeyes roll. Ducks Waddle.

Goin with Buckeyes.

They beat, Alabama

They beat / no slaughtered Wisconsin that just beat Auburn

They Beat MSU that just beat #5 Baylor

Supposedly from strongest conference in the nation

And now Buckeye QB is two game veteran against the best of the best.
Ducks waddle?

Oregon is the fastest division 1A football team in the NCAA.

OOPS!
Looks like all of you Ohio State haters and Alabama lovers discovered that Urban Meyer had peed in your corn flakes this morning!

WHEN are you Urban Meyer haters going to figure out that the BEST football coach in college football resides in OHIO, not in Alabama or Texas or Oregon or Florida or Louisiana or Mississippi or California?

What other college football program could make it to the Championship game after losing it's top two quarterbacks and relying on a 3rd string sophomore quarterback that nobody had ever heard of a month ago?

Wisconsin was destroyed. The great Alabama blew a 15 point lead and was outscored 28-0 at one point. What will Ohio State do to Oregon?

I predict that Zeke and Cardale will have a field day running through Oregon's porous run defense.

That is a lot to read into a few end-of-season games. I love that some people are now raving that the SEC has been terrible all along. lol

And if you call Oregon's defense "porous", you obviously didn't watch them play.

I called Oregon's RUN defense porous. And that is a FACT.

Florida State has been a JOKE all season long. They didn't belong in the top 4. They had a weak schedule. Oregon whipped them like they should have.

So what happened to your Crimson Tide? How about some props for the Buckeyes. Let's face it, Ohio State treated the Tide defense like a left-handed, red-headed stepchild. The score would have been much worse if not for the Bucks sloppy start.

OOPS!

I called Oregon's RUN defense porous. And that is a FACT.

Florida State has been a JOKE all season long. They didn't belong in the top 4. They had a weak schedule. Oregon whipped them like they should have.

So what happened to your Crimson Tide? How about some props for the Buckeyes. Let's face it, Ohio State treated the Tide defense like a left-handed, red-headed stepchild. The score would have been much worse if not for the Bucks sloppy start.

I have given props to OSU.

Funny, if OSU does something, it is their temporary sloppy play. But Oregon's is because it is porous? lol

My Crimson Tide has been overachieving all season long. I hoped we could maintain it for two more games. But I give all sorts of credit to OSU. They played a helluva game.

But I do not think OSU can sustain their defense against Oregon for 60 mins. And I do think Oregon's defense can rein in OSU.

OOPS!

The SEC was not bad all along, they were just over rated...

Urban Meyer is one heck of a coach, given 11 days he could come up with a good game plan.

Oregon has the talent, Ohio St. has the coaching.

The Buckeye's defensive secondary will be tested with the Oregon quick offensive sets, will wear down Ohio St. Meyer will run first then throw and Meyer can adjust as the game progresses. He made some good adjustments and helped his team to see the end goal.

Oregon is a very good second half team, the keep the pressure on until the other team breaks. Meyer is good at keeping his team focused.

Should be a real good game.

I see Oregon 41, Ohio St. 36.

OOPS!

Those few games show case the season. It's obvious that the media fell in love, and their followers were jilted.

Nothing really against the SEC, but good lord, the way ESPN spoke of them you'd have thought they were anything but mortals.

On Jan 1st the best conference in bowl wins is:

PAC 12 5-1
Big 10 5-4
SEC 5-5
ACC 4-6
Big 12 1-4

I don't see any conference out there that can overtake the PAC 12.

Looks like PAC 12 is the weakest of the top three.

They sent 6 teams to the bowls But the Big10 and SEC sent 9 and 10 respectively. All three conferences had 5 wins each.

The Big Ten of course had two wins out of five over the number One and number Two teams in the country. That leaves the PAC12 with one win over number Three but after that what were the match ups.

No, OSU's record against SEC teams in bowl games is 0-9.

Here we have the lowly Big 10 rolling \into town. They have never won a game against the SEC of any significance. No one gives them a snow ball chance in hell.

I love it!!

I love it . spotted Bama 21 to 3 lead and with the third string QB it became the "Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down"

The night they drove old Dixie down
And the bells were ringing
And the people were singing
They went, "Na, na, la, na, na, la"

Still Ringin' and Singin' in Buckeye Nation.

Here we have the lowly Big 10 rolling \into town. They have never won a game against the SEC of any significance. No one gives them a snow ball chance in hell.

I love it!!

I love it . spotted Bama 21 to 3 lead and with the third string QB it became the "Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down"

I keep hearing this stuff about the 3rd string QB. Do you think Urban Meyer recruits junk? Is this kid less of a quality QB because he came to the program after the other two? Because he certainly didn't seem less talented, although they didn't really ask him to do anything particularly difficult. The offense they used to beat Wisconsin and Alabama is not a complex one. He is a good QB. It doesn't hurt that he is as big as he is.

On Jan 1st the best conference in bowl wins is:

PAC 12 5-1
Big 10 5-4
SEC 5-5
ACC 4-6
Big 12 1-4

I don't see any conference out there that can overtake the PAC 12.

Updated as of January 2nd:

PAC 12 6-2
SEC 6-5
BIG 10 5-5
ACC 5-7
BIG 12 2-5

Patsy schedules will allow many teams to pad their records so they have a better shot at 6 wins and a bowl bid.

I love it!!

I keep hearing this stuff about the 3rd string QB. Do you think Urban Meyer recruits junk? Is this kid less of a quality QB because he came to the program after the other two? Because he certainly didn't seem less talented, although they didn't really ask him to do anything particularly difficult. The offense they used to beat Wisconsin and Alabama is not a complex one. He is a good QB. It doesn't hurt that he is as big as he is.

I think Urban knew that his run oriented QB's would face a high likelihood that they would get injured, so he made sure he had quality back ups.

My only question is, what if Jones wins out? Who will be the QB next year? Miller was labeled a Heisman candidate before he got injured, then JT had a Heisman like year before he got injured, and Jones just won the first Big 10 championship for OSU and beat Alabama for the first time in OSU history and is close to winning it all.

As for Oregon, the trick will be the second half. That is because Oregon plays to wear people down. Overall I think OSU has a better team, but are the better conditioned?

The key will be ball control. Let the "D" rest for long stretches and run the hell out of the team until game day.

I love it!!

I think Urban knew that his run oriented QB's would face a high likelihood that they would get injured, so he made sure he had quality back ups.

My only question is, what if Jones wins out? Who will be the QB next year? Miller was labeled a Heisman candidate before he got injured, then JT had a Heisman like year before he got injured, and Jones just won the first Big 10 championship for OSU and beat Alabama for the first time in OSU history and is close to winning it all.

As for Oregon, the trick will be the second half. That is because Oregon plays to wear people down. Overall I think OSU has a better team, but are the better conditioned?

The key will be ball control. Let the "D" rest for long stretches and run the hell out of the team until game day.

Oregon doesn't seem to win the time of possession much, they score quickly. The mental errors of running so quick play after play seems to frustrate opponents. Also their defense is very quick, they go after the ball not the player, it costs some good tackles however turnovers are devastating.

I love it!!

The deal is his only two starts were in championship games with one week to prepare.

When his team routed Wisconsin it was because Wisconsin Big 10 was no good.

That dismissive argument evaporated on New Years Day with Wisc, MSU wins and Cardale's win as a starter in his second high pressure start and playoff start.

Well Wisconsin did get beaten by LSU early in the season.

No, I understand that it is impressive. But in a major college program, just being 3rd string does not mean inferior. It just usually means they got there later than the 1st and 2nd string QBs.

Oh, and Dec 6th to Jan 1st is a bit more than one week. He had a week to prepare for his first start. Almost a month to prepare for his second. And, unless OSU does things very differently, he has been getting some preparation since practices began.

No, I understand that it is impressive.

It is. I don't care if Cardale turns out to be another Ben Rothlesberger down the road or does something else with his life, his already going from third string to first under such pressure and handling it with such incredible poise and character and success is a sports story that makes college football proud and such a value to all who participate and watch it.

Forum List

Back