Naturally Good Food

There is almost nothing healthy in even the most "healthy" breakfast cereals. Eat whole eggs every day, cooked any way.

Naturally good foods- meat, eggs, fish, fowl, veggies, cheese. Fruit is okay but way too proclaimed as something great. It's full of sugar and should be eaten sparingly. Fruit juice is garbage, pure sugar. May as well drink soda.

Make your own granola.
Basic Granola Recipe - CHOW
Don't add the dried fruit until after the granola has been toasted and cooled down. Then stir it in.

I sprinkle granola over lowfat Greek yogurt. Often add a fresh cut up apple. It is good for breakfast and also makes a good evening snack. Processed cereals tend to have sugar and salt in them. If you make your own, you know how much sugar there is. I don't put salt on anything, ever.

I don't eat much bread, but if I did, I'd buy a bread machine and make my own, then you know what's in it. It is best to make as much as you can rather than relying on processed foods, like getting a slow cooker, filling it in the morning and coming home to a fresh cooked meal.

If you eat a lot of beans, it is best to cook your own too, that way there is no added salt. It's the type of thing that is easy, just soak all day long while you are at work and cook overnight. Make a big batch and freeze some. Beans are very natural and very healthy, and you can make a lot of different things with them. I like to make my own chili and also refried beans with melted cheese and fresh, homemade salsa on top.

You can make bread in your mixer if you have a paddle attachment. I just found this recipe on pinterest (that damn time sucking website!). Haven't tried this ... yet.

Kitchen Aid Mixer Bread - Stacy Makes Cents

I rarely eat sammiches but I do love a (thin sliced, deli) American cheese/summer tomahto/bit of mayo/bit of onion powder sammich on Italian bread. Something to look forward to every summer.

There is almost nothing healthy in even the most "healthy" breakfast cereals. Eat whole eggs every day, cooked any way.

Naturally good foods- meat, eggs, fish, fowl, veggies, cheese. Fruit is okay but way too proclaimed as something great. It's full of sugar and should be eaten sparingly. Fruit juice is garbage, pure sugar. May as well drink soda.

Make your own granola.
Don't add the dried fruit until after the granola has been toasted and cooled down. Then stir it in.

I sprinkle granola over lowfat Greek yogurt. Often add a fresh cut up apple. It is good for breakfast and also makes a good evening snack. Processed cereals tend to have sugar and salt in them. If you make your own, you know how much sugar there is. I don't put salt on anything, ever.

I used to try being salt-free but there are some processes that absolutely require salt. Making cheese and curing meat are two. Bread comes out better with a little salt, as well, but I usually cut that portion in half. You're right about making things yourself, you have a much better idea of what you're putting into your body.

I gave up sodas and drink water now but salt, cheese and butter would be rough. I don't have problems with cholesteral or my weight. The thrust of the thread is nutrition that tastes good, anyone salt, cheese, butter/fat totally free?

I gave up sodas and drink water now but salt, cheese and butter would be rough. I don't have problems with cholesteral or my weight. The thrust of the thread is nutrition that tastes good, anyone salt, cheese, butter/fat totally free?

I am not a soda person either. I prefer iced tea.

Make your own granola.

I used to try being salt-free but there are some processes that absolutely require salt. Making cheese and curing meat are two. Bread comes out better with a little salt, as well, but I usually cut that portion in half. You're right about making things yourself, you have a much better idea of what you're putting into your body.

I am not totally salt free because if I eat out or eat any kind of processed food, there is salt in it. However, I have not kept salt in my house for nearly 30 years and do not add salt to anything I cook. Same with sugar, except for recently I've been using a little bit of brown sugar for this and that, but not much. You can't be totally fat free; that's not healthy. You should have at least one tablespoon of canola or olive oil in your diet everday. I do like cheese, but try to limit. By far, most of my dairy intake is low fat milk or lowfat Greek yogurt.

Last edited:
Make your own granola.

Same here, I would have a very hard time giving up salt, cheese or butter. Especially salt, as the food would just not be the same without it.

I am not totally salt free because if I eat out or eat any kind of processed food, there is salt in it. However, I have not kept salt in my house for over 20 years and do not add salt to anything I cook. You can't be totally fat free; that's not healthy. You should have at least one tablespoon of canola or olive oil in your diet everday. I do like cheese, but try to limit. By far, most of my dairy intake is low fat milk or lowfat Greek yogurt.

I'm going to try to incorporate more greek yogurt. I'm thinking in salads and maybe with some berries.

Avocados...... love avocados.

And more avocados.

Hummus, kale crisps, almonds, quinoa

All great foods. Chick Peas are an amazing food, protein and fiber. Most nuts are excellent as well. People have been warned off them for stupid reasons. A handful of nuts will keep you satiated for hours. Avocados too get the shit list because they are full of fat, but that's a bogus concern. Sliced avocados and fresh turkey slices make a hell of delicious and healthy sandwich.

Avocados...... love avocados.

And more avocados.

Hummus, kale crisps, almonds, quinoa

All great foods. Chick Peas are an amazing food, protein and fiber. Most nuts are excellent as well. People have been warned off them for stupid reasons. A handful of nuts will keep you satiated for hours. Avocados too get the shit list because they are full of fat, but that's a bogus concern. Sliced avocados and fresh turkey slices make a hell of delicious and healthy sandwich.

Yeah! Love chick peas, love avocados too! Love bean soup, pea soup stuff like that.

I am not totally salt free because if I eat out or eat any kind of processed food, there is salt in it. However, I have not kept salt in my house for over 20 years and do not add salt to anything I cook. You can't be totally fat free; that's not healthy. You should have at least one tablespoon of canola or olive oil in your diet everday. I do like cheese, but try to limit. By far, most of my dairy intake is low fat milk or lowfat Greek yogurt.

I'm going to try to incorporate more greek yogurt. I'm thinking in salads and maybe with some berries.

Try this: 1/4 cup diced chicken breast, 1 diced apple, 2-4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, 1-2 teaspoons curry powder. Mix together and serve on bed of lettuce. You could also add raisons and/or chopped walnuts or almonds.

Another good idea to replace sodas.

Have you ever made cucumber water? OMG... its great! just slice up a cucumber and add it to a picture of water. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and you are good to go.

Get plain sparkling water and add a squeeze of lemon or lime to each glass, then throw in the lemon/lime wedge. Or mix in a little bit of any fruit juice.

In general wheat is not a healthy food, not anymore anyway. Science is discovering the ravages of gluten on the human body. Gluten free is getting huge because lots of people are discovering that their gastro intestinal ills are due to wheat allergies.

This is a great book - Amazon.com: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health eBook: William Davis MD: Kindle Store

To be fair, many people have no issues with wheat, and certainly Shredded Wheat is better than Sugar Smacks, because it not only has no unnecessary crap added, but also because it is less processed and digests slower in the system keeping insulin levels in the normal range.

Oh lord please don't ruin the thread with this crap.

Save it, idiot. Your ignorance is not my problem.

You're right. People pushing their fad BS on everyone is the problem. Five years ago everyone had IBS. Then suddenly they didn't. Then they can't eat flour (so 2012 by the way). Now meat makes you swell and everyone is a fucking vegan yet strangely getting fatter.

Derp....

Oh lord please don't ruin the thread with this crap.

Save it, idiot. Your ignorance is not my problem.

You're right. People pushing their fad BS on everyone is the problem. Five years ago everyone had IBS. Then suddenly they didn't. Then they can't eat flour (so 2012 by the way). Now meat makes you swell and everyone is a fucking vegan yet strangely getting fatter.

Derp....

Stop derailing the thread, chump. Your use of "derp" classifies you in the juvenile class.

Add something substantive to the conversation rather than talking about stuff of which you are ignorant to the end. Or just go fuck yourself.

Pointing out BS is substantive. The topic is non Cheezwiz foods. Add something to that.

Forum List

Back