Let's talk booze

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I didn't drink for more than 25 years, was married to an abusive alcoholic, but now -

WAHOOOO!! I can drink again.

I like a really good beer sometimes but my day to day drink is Pimm's Cup #1 with Vernor's ginger beer. Love it, very sip-able, goes down easy.

But, traveling, we've recently had a drink that is just really tasty, goes down easy, rather boozy but, OMG, it just tastes like MORE.

Its Thatcher's ginger apple cider, dark spiced rum, ginger beer (ale?) with some cinnamon and sugar on the rim of the glass like with Martguerita's.

I haven't been able to find the Thatcher's but have tried other combinations.

Your faves?

I had to Google Pimm's. Looks like a versatile mixer, and at $18/750ml a thrifty buzz in a bottle. :thup:

One of my kids signed me up for a 6 month beer club. 12 bottles each month- 3 different breweries, 2 bottles each of 2 different brews per label. Or something like that LOL.

And I'm also a sucker for Jim Beam.

First, congrats on moving on. Good for you. Stay happy and healthy! Consider yourself luck, some never escape what you've been through. I know way too many.

My favorite beer is Third Stone Brown.

Favorite in the harder lines is Templeton Rye, incredibly smooth. I won't turn down Makers Mark either.

Last edited:
My current scotch inventory;

Abelour 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Bunnahabhain 18
Bruichladdich 16
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers
Costco 18
Costco 20
Edradour 10
Edradour 12
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
Glenglassaugh Revival
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Macallan 12
Macallan 18
Oban 14
Oban 18
Oban Distillers
Tobermory 15
Tullibardine 15

I just bought the Glenglassaugh. It's superb.

Abelour 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Bunnahabhain 18
Bruichladdich 16
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers
Costco 18
Costco 20
Edradour 10
Edradour 12
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
Glenglassaugh Revival
Macallan 12
Macallan 18
Oban 14
Oban 18
Oban Distillers
Tobermory 15
Tullibardine 15

My dog is older than your booze.

I'm giving up beer. I need to drop some poundage. I used to be a big fan of the stouts and wheat beers.

I drink mostly Jameson on the rocks, or Bloody Marys. I have a good recipe for a very tasty BM, and my daughter makes a killer gespacho one as we'll. healthy and fun.

Abelour 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Bunnahabhain 18
Bruichladdich 16
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers
Costco 18
Costco 20
Edradour 10
Edradour 12
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
Glenglassaugh Revival
Macallan 12
Macallan 18
Oban 14
Oban 18
Oban Distillers
Tobermory 15
Tullibardine 15

I was recently given a Bushmills.
I haven't tried Irish whisky before and it's very nice - quite sweet.

I'm a Chivas Regal man myself, especially after dinner with a nice cigar.

Abelour 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Bunnahabhain 18
Bruichladdich 16
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers
Costco 18
Costco 20
Edradour 10
Edradour 12
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
Glenglassaugh Revival
Macallan 12
Macallan 18
Oban 14
Oban 18
Oban Distillers
Tobermory 15
Tullibardine 15

I'm a Chivas girl myself when I go out, but not after dinner and sans the cigar...:lol:

[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION]

Allow me to suggest The Glenrothes -- Select Reserve...a superbly smooth, inexpensive single malt. After discovering it for myself, I have had it installed in four local establishments...and keep several bottles at home. Empty bottles serve excellently for storage of dimes.

For a delicious after-dinner drink, try this:

Baileys
Kahlua
Irish Whiskey

...equal parts...shaken with ice...strained into tall shot glasses.

...can be a shooter or a sipper...taste is akin to a Yoohoo with a bit of alcohol.

I'm a Chivas girl myself when I go out, but not after dinner and sans the cigar...:lol:

Allow me to suggest The Glenrothes -- Select Reserve...a superbly smooth, inexpensive single malt. After discovering it for myself, I have had it installed in four local establishments...and keep several bottles at home. Empty bottles serve excellently for storage of dimes.

Baileys
Kahlua
Irish Whiskey

...can be a shooter or a sipper...taste is akin to a Yoohoo with a bit of alcohol.
I never tried it, but I will now. Never met a single malt whisky I didn't like. Thanks for the tip.

For some reason my mobile will not let me use the "thanks" feature on USMB. I'll need to wait till I'm at home later today. It let me use the Rep feature though which is good.

Last edited:

Baileys
Kahlua
Irish Whiskey

I never tried it, but I will now. Never met a single malt whisky I didn't like. Thanks for the tip.

For some reason my mobile will not let me use the "thanks" feature on USMB. I'll need to wait till I'm at home later today. It let me use the Rep feature though which is good.
I've had several that I will not try again....but that's why we have so many. They're each unique.

You may also enjoy Cardhu. With over 1200 single malts available, I doubt I will be able to sample them all...but I'm giving it the old college try!

Allow me to suggest The Glenrothes -- Select Reserve...a superbly smooth, inexpensive single malt.

I've had the Glenrothes. It's pretty good, I must say.
BTW, The Glenrothes is available in at least two bottlings. Select Reserve is about $49 at the store...the other is more aged and costs about $69.

IMHO Select Reserve is the better of the two.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back