Naturally Good Food

There is almost nothing healthy in even the most "healthy" breakfast cereals.
Shredded wheat is good as it has zero sugar. May not be as tasty as the other cereals, but a real good choice for the health conscious.

In general wheat is not a healthy food, not anymore anyway. Science is discovering the ravages of gluten on the human body. Gluten free is getting huge because lots of people are discovering that their gastro intestinal ills are due to wheat allergies.

This is a great book - [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health-ebook/dp/B00571F26Y]Amazon.com: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health eBook: William Davis MD: Kindle Store[/ame]

To be fair, many people have no issues with wheat, and certainly Shredded Wheat is better than Sugar Smacks, because it not only has no unnecessary crap added, but also because it is less processed and digests slower in the system keeping insulin levels in the normal range.
Absolutely, those with wheat related allergies should definitely avoid wheat products.

The good thing about shredded wheat cereal in addition to having zero sugar, it is also very high in fiber. Again it's not the tastiest cereal, as it can't compare with Sugar Smacks or Fruit Loops for taste, but it does provide nutritional benefits (assuming one has no issues with gluten).

Egg whites, steamed salmon, honey instead of sugar, bell peppers of any color (the orange ones seem sweeter to me), broccoli, asparagus, fruits, raw vegetables, single malt scotch.....all these things are good to me.

Egg Beaters are made of egg whites. and taste okay if you add pepper and a dash of salt....but you can only scramble it or make an omelet and there's no egg as good as an over-light fried jumbo chicken egg with a hot, runny yellow, slid right out of the skillet onto a toasted walnut waffle....unless it's a poached egg in a Brennan's breakfast in New Orleans after a night on the town.
Egg whites are a great way to start the day, as they have zero cholesterol. However, you can still have egg yolks a few times per week as they are loaded with nutrition.

I find the red bell peppers sweeter than the orange, however because of their orange color, the orange bell peppers are higher in alpha, beta, and gamma carotene. Both are very nutritional.

I just don't like egg whites. Poached eggs are great but I like the yolks in them.
I know what you mean, they have very little taste no matter how you season them. I enjoy my eggs scrambled. This way you combine the yoke and the egg white, and it tastes great, Especially when adding some cheddar and mozzarella cheese while cooking the eggs. Adds a creamy texture to the eggs and with lots of taste.

Nothing beats a glass of cold, fresh goat milk, untreated and unadulterated. Not to mention kefir, yogurt, and cheese made from it, too.

Love goat cheese in salads. It seems like Greek Yogurt is really popular right now. Is it any healthier than regular?

When I was young, we were poor. My mom still made every effort to provide a balanced diet. One of my favorite meals was poached eggs on a bed of spinach.
Very nutritional meal. You are getting good carbs from the spinach, not to mention a good source of fiber, and very high in vitamin A. Eggs are great for protein and have some vitamin B-12 and vitamin D.

Nothing beats a glass of cold, fresh goat milk, untreated and unadulterated. Not to mention kefir, yogurt, and cheese made from it, too.

Love goat cheese in salads. It seems like Greek Yogurt is really popular right now. Is it any healthier than regular?

I'm not sure whether it any healthier, but it does have a different texture and a slightly different flavor. I use Greek-style yogurt to culture my own yogurt, mostly because I like the texture and it just seems to culture better than the other types I've tried.
I also try to buy local produce at the farmers' market whenever I can. It is encouraging to know that the people selling you the food eat it themselves. They have a vested interest to ensure the food is best quality. Not to mention, you support the local economy literally at the grassroots" level. I've even managed to barter some of my milk and cheese for fresh eggs and produce. If you have never had a freshly picked hen fruit, you have never had a really good egg.

There is almost nothing healthy in even the most "healthy" breakfast cereals.
Shredded wheat is good as it has zero sugar. May not be as tasty as the other cereals, but a real good choice for the health conscious.

In general wheat is not a healthy food, not anymore anyway. Science is discovering the ravages of gluten on the human body. Gluten free is getting huge because lots of people are discovering that their gastro intestinal ills are due to wheat allergies.

This is a great book - [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health-ebook/dp/B00571F26Y]Amazon.com: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health eBook: William Davis MD: Kindle Store[/ame]

To be fair, many people have no issues with wheat, and certainly Shredded Wheat is better than Sugar Smacks, because it not only has no unnecessary crap added, but also because it is less processed and digests slower in the system keeping insulin levels in the normal range.

Oh lord please don't ruin the thread with this crap.

Oh lord please don't ruin the thread with this crap.

Save it, idiot. Your ignorance is not my problem.

One whole egg plus two whites (you can save the yolks from those two eggs and make homemade pudding) makes for a good omelet. I like mine filled with sauteed/seasoned mushrooms or sauteed/seasoned mix of peppers and zucchini. Throw in just a bit of shredded cheddar or something ... mighty tasty.

Greek yogurt has less sugar and more protein than regular yogurt. I like it but I find myself adding a bit of honey as I find it too tart.

I like oatmeal but use a combo of milk and water. I make a pumpkin oatmeal that is very good. No matter, I always eat a cheese stick or two when I have oatmeal and it sticks with me for hours.

I don't eat cereal often but I do like Kashi's berry crumble cereal with vanilla almond breeze milk.

mmmmmm..... the list is endless!

Fresh summer fruits and vegetables at their peak.
Opening day of the season on specific seafood's.
Organic chicken and eggs.
Kobe beef and veal
Oysters and caviar
mushrooms

i could go on and on...... lol

One whole egg plus two whites (you can save the yolks from those two eggs and make homemade pudding) makes for a good omelet. I like mine filled with sauteed/seasoned mushrooms or sauteed/seasoned mix of peppers and zucchini. Throw in just a bit of shredded cheddar or something ... mighty tasty.

Greek yogurt has less sugar and more protein than regular yogurt. I like it but I find myself adding a bit of honey as I find it too tart.

I like oatmeal but use a combo of milk and water. I make a pumpkin oatmeal that is very good. No matter, I always eat a cheese stick or two when I have oatmeal and it sticks with me for hours.

I don't eat cereal often but I do like Kashi's berry crumble cereal with vanilla almond breeze milk.

I'd like to see you milk an almond.:cool:

If you have good natural foods that you'd like to share, please feel free!
I tried both natural peanut butter and natural hot dogs. Both are good.

Unlike the regular peanut butter though, the natural peanut butter isn't as sweet, and needs to be kept in the fridge. Still tastes great on toast for breakfast.

The natural Oscar Mayer beef hot dogs are great when having a cookout.

I used to go to a store where you ground your own peanuts for peanut butter. It was like the type of coffee grinding machines they have where you can pour your coffee in and grind it. You pour the peanuts in at the top and it comes out as peanut butter below. It made completely natural peanut butter, the best peanut butter I've ever tasted.

Last edited:
There is almost nothing healthy in even the most "healthy" breakfast cereals. Eat whole eggs every day, cooked any way.

Naturally good foods- meat, eggs, fish, fowl, veggies, cheese. Fruit is okay but way too proclaimed as something great. It's full of sugar and should be eaten sparingly. Fruit juice is garbage, pure sugar. May as well drink soda.

Make your own granola.
Basic Granola Recipe - CHOW
Don't add the dried fruit until after the granola has been toasted and cooled down. Then stir it in.

I sprinkle granola over lowfat Greek yogurt. Often add a fresh cut up apple. It is good for breakfast and also makes a good evening snack. Processed cereals tend to have sugar and salt in them. If you make your own, you know how much sugar there is. I don't put salt on anything, ever.

I don't eat much bread, but if I did, I'd buy a bread machine and make my own, then you know what's in it. It is best to make as much as you can rather than relying on processed foods, like getting a slow cooker, filling it in the morning and coming home to a fresh cooked meal.

If you eat a lot of beans, it is best to cook your own too, that way there is no added salt. It's the type of thing that is easy, just soak all day long while you are at work and cook overnight. Make a big batch and freeze some. Beans are very natural and very healthy, and you can make a lot of different things with them. I like to make my own chili and also refried beans with melted cheese and fresh, homemade salsa on top.

Last edited:
There is almost nothing healthy in even the most "healthy" breakfast cereals. Eat whole eggs every day, cooked any way.

Naturally good foods- meat, eggs, fish, fowl, veggies, cheese. Fruit is okay but way too proclaimed as something great. It's full of sugar and should be eaten sparingly. Fruit juice is garbage, pure sugar. May as well drink soda.

Make your own granola.
Basic Granola Recipe - CHOW
Don't add the dried fruit until after the granola has been toasted and cooled down. Then stir it in.

I sprinkle granola over lowfat Greek yogurt. Often add a fresh cut up apple. It is good for breakfast and also makes a good evening snack. Processed cereals tend to have sugar and salt in them. If you make your own, you know how much sugar there is. I don't put salt on anything, ever.

I used to try being salt-free but there are some processes that absolutely require salt. Making cheese and curing meat are two. Bread comes out better with a little salt, as well, but I usually cut that portion in half. You're right about making things yourself, you have a much better idea of what you're putting into your body.

I'd like to see you milk an almond.:cool:

I'll bet you would, baybeee. heh :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back