National Security Reasons Not To Legalize Pot: Heroin & Mexico

Yes...but reality is. And we need Mexico to be our friend. Just like the illegal alien problem will be solved by fining employers here for employing them, creating a disincentive for illegals to cross if they can't find work, we disincentivize the heroin influx increase from Mexico by our leaders meeting with Mexican authorities to strike a deal about returning their income to pot. Because, trust me, the line between policies and policy makers in Mexico and cartels is very blurry.

We need creative solutions to the heroin epidemic. And legalizing pot here is the WORST exacerbation to that problem. Mark my words. Better the hippies find it harder to get pot in the US than easier for everyone to find readily available heroin. At least when people are addicted to pill forms of opiates, there are distinct concentrations and warnings on the bottle how much to take or not take. When someone is concocting their own fix from street heroin, the chance of an accidental lethal overdoes is like what, a hundredfold?

The story of that 7 year old telling officials at her school that she "couldn't wake her parents up" with her little siblings in the home under her care was one of the most disturbing and sickening stories I've heard related to the new heroin increase in the US. It had me rattled and nauseated for days.. And that situation wasn't from pills. It was from street heroin they were shooting up.

Plus, Kurt Cobain died from someone injecting him up with a hugely lethal does of heroin (autopsy) as he somehow, also in a collapsed comatose state, managed to load a gun, place a suicide note with two different types of handwriting on it on his bed and shoot himself in the head. So fuck heroin and the lives it corrupts and ruins. I loved the band Nirvana. Fuck Courtney Love too. Kurt Cobain Death Investigation to be Reopened finally? (post #14) IMHO C. Love is like a combination of Yoko Ono & a venomous death adder.

Last edited:
Silhouette, you really are an idiot when it comes to this subject.

The cartels started to become violent during the 80's and the cocaine trade. Remember Pablo Escobar?

Since the legalization of marijuana in CO, opiate overdoses have gone DOWN by 25 percent.

And no, just because we have states that have legalized cannabis, that is NOT why the heroin trade is going up. It is going up because people who were prescribed painkillers end up becoming addicted to them, and when the doc stops their script, they turn to heroin, because it's almost the same effect as the opiates they became addicted to.

OK?

So if we make Pot illegal, then Mexico will ignore the very profitable Heroin Trade?

Pot users are not automatically going to move on to Heroin.

Your theory is flawed. Pot is not a gateway drug to Heroin.

Opiods are the Gateway Drug. Eliminate them, and you destroy much of the Heroin trade.

No. SUGER is the gateway drug. Human beings are addictive. It's in our nature. ALL animals are afflicted with it in one form or another. Merely "eliminating" as if that is even remotely possible, a particular drug will have zero impact on the problem as a whole. Zero.

No. SUGER is the gateway drug. Human beings are addictive. It's in our nature. ALL animals are afflicted with it in one form or another. Merely "eliminating" as if that is even remotely possible, a particular drug will have zero impact on the problem as a whole. Zero.

Well I'll entertain your stawman to this degree: The real cause of all human maladies is a lack of moral foundation and an absorption in the physical world of pleasures of all descriptions to the point of incurable obsession.

But for right now the practical solution to stemming the tide of heroin into this country from Mexico is for our leaders to meet behind closed doors with Mexican Officials (cartels?) and strike a deal that to prop up their economy, they ditch the heroin imports and revert to pot. And if not, we tell the Mexicans that pot will be completely legal here and that every effort will be made to punish the Mexican economy further if they do not stop the heroin flow on their side of the fence.

It's an excellent if imperfect compromise; and one that would lead to finding more bodies in ditches just asleep with twinkie & doritoes bags scattered around them than swollen and putrefying from a heroin overdose.

Well I'll entertain your stawman to this degree: The real cause of all human maladies is a lack of moral foundation and an absorption in the physical world of pleasures of all descriptions to the point of incurable obsession.

But for right now the practical solution to stemming the tide of heroin into this country from Mexico is for our leaders to meet behind closed doors with Mexican Officials (cartels?) and strike a deal that to prop up their economy, they ditch the heroin imports and revert to pot. And if not, we tell the Mexicans that pot will be completely legal here and that every effort will be made to punish the Mexican economy further if they do not stop the heroin flow on their side of the fence.

It's an excellent if imperfect compromise; and one that would lead to finding more bodies in ditches just asleep with twinkie & doritoes bags scattered around them than swollen and putrefying from a heroin overdose.

Morality is the realm of religion. Human beings are animals. They react like animals. They are driven by instinct every bit as much as a dog is. Some humans are able to control their base urges and rise above their instincts. I have known people who were functional heroin addicts. They were very nice people. They would never harm anyone but they were addicted to this drug. They were able to control their intake so that they remained functional and were able to hold down jobs etc. No morality, simple self control.

in another ten years the feds will have decriminalize it and every state will be med pot and half the country will legalize it .....you are paddling against the current.....
So you're in favor of a national heroin epidemic. OK, gotcha. It's not every day the US has such a golden opportunity to ransack itself and the Mexican economy all in one fell swoop.

I wonder if the FDA has the power to shut down something touted as a medicine if it doesn't meet certain standards. I'm sure Monsanto will move in and seize the markets; like they always do. Yummy, pot laced with roundup & genetically modified. Poor Mexico; though they too were famous for dumping pesticides on their pot; before the US collapsed 1/4 of their economy and they had to turn to selling way more addictive heroin to make up the deficit.

Your choice. Pot or heroin. Because Mexico will import one or the other depending on market value.
You shouldn't make laws protecting people from their own bad choices.

This thread makes me want to smoke a joint.

Then there should be no laws at all. Think about it.. :eusa_think: Therein is the stuff of nightmares.

That would be a fun place to live. Planet of the apes, with no laws curbing detrimental behaviors. Yippee! Sign me up.

Then there should be no laws at all. Think about it.. :eusa_think: Therein is the stuff of nightmares.

That would be a fun place to live. Planet of the apes, with no laws curbing detrimental behaviors. Yippee! Sign me up.

Wrong. Laws should only be in place to deal with personal interactions. Your sense of morality ends at my property line. What I do in the privacy of my own home is no business of yours. What I do out in public, that is where laws are important. YOU need to learn the difference.

Wrong. Laws should only be in place to deal with personal interactions. Your sense of morality ends at my property line. What I do in the privacy of my own home is no business of yours. What I do out in public, that is where laws are important. YOU need to learn the difference.

Well it is if you're abusing kids in there, or stockpiling dangerous chemicals, or building without permits. Your actions in your own home can harm other people.

But what does that have to do with 1/4 of the Mexican economy relying on drug sales in the US?

Well it is if you're abusing kids in there, or stockpiling dangerous chemicals, or building without permits. Your actions in your own home can harm other people.

But what does that have to do with 1/4 of the Mexican economy relying on drug sales in the US?

Really? One out of every 4 dollars in Mexico comes from drug sales in the U.S.?

I thought their economy was based on making Trump's crappy suits and ties.

Really? One out of every 4 dollars in Mexico comes from drug sales in the U.S.?

I thought their economy was based on making Trump's crappy suits and ties.

...lol...no that's CHI-NAH. But everyone knows Mexico's economy, besides their oil, relies heavily on illegal drug sales to the US. Always has been that way. Always will be.

Abusing kids counts as inter personal relations. Stockpiling chemicals does too. Building without permits is no business of yours. So long as i tell people that the buildings are un permitted they can choose to not enter them. Once again inter personal interactions ARE covered.

Hmmm. ^^ you want to keep up with a strawman or discuss the realities of how the Mexican economy is intricately tied to the cartels importing whatever lucrative drugs they can into the US?

The price for legal weed is high compared to the Mexican Dirt-weed they sell. Still there is a market for that shit in many states.

So no doubt it will stay high when 1,000 acre farms in the Midwest are farming it for Monsanto.

The price for legal weed is high compared to the Mexican Dirt-weed they sell. Still there is a market for that shit in many states.

So no doubt it will stay high when 1,000 acre farms in the Midwest are farming it for Monsanto.

Currently there is still a huge black market for Pot all over the country. Your beloved cartels are safe from the demon spawn Monsanto.

It is an interesting take on keeping millions of US citizens, who happen to be recreational cannabis users, subject to criminal penalties. It would be like saying during the prohibition era that we needed to keep alcohol illegal cause the gangsters makes lots of money off it. If they lose that source of income they'll increase some other bad stuff they do to make up for it! Lets keep on jailing Americans who drink beer.

They're not beloved, idiot. Our relationship with and the stability of Mexico are beloved...as is the choice of Mexican pot vs heroin being what props their economy up.

Heroin is a super niche kind of drug. It requires way too much work; you gotta cook it in a spoon, get a needle, put it in the needle, tie off your arm, find a vein, then finally inject it. After its all said and done, you just lay there drolling while shitting your pants at the same time. This isnt exactly a "party" drug. Kids arent going to go out in droves and get high on heroin together. There will be no heroin epidemic. Quit being stupid.

There already IS a heroin epidemic. And it's hitting all demographics. Not just talking the soccer mom hooked on vicadin. I'm talking hard street H straight out of Mexico. What do the cartels care how hard it is to do? They're just happy to fill the vacuum left by legal pot in their economy with a drug that is infinitely harder to quit once the snake has bitten. It's called "job security"...

Forum List

Back