National Security Reasons Not To Legalize Pot: Heroin & Mexico

i smoked for about 30 years.....all while working the same job and and taking care of a family and making a nice investment which paid off rather well....
Could you get used to doing the same on heroin?
dont know never done heroin.....
Well "lucky" for you the cartels will rely more and more on it as a source of income as more and more states legalize pot and flood the markets here.

i smoked for about 30 years.....all while working the same job and and taking care of a family and making a nice investment which paid off rather well....
Well "lucky" for you the cartels will rely more and more on it as a source of income as more and more states legalize pot and flood the markets here.
there has been like 88 posts here and i dont see anyone agreeing with you......"paranoia runs deep,into your heart it will creep"....

Legal marijuana isn't the problem, nor does it contribute in any way towards the heroin epidemic. The problem is that doctors prescribe opiate pain medications, their patients get hooked, and when their scrip is up, they turn to heroin, which has many of the same effects as the pain killers they were on.

And oh yeah............by the way.............marijuana is showing promise as an effective way to wean people off of heroin addiction.

Legal marijuana isn't the problem, nor does it contribute in any way towards the heroin epidemic. The problem is that doctors prescribe opiate pain medications, their patients get hooked, and when their scrip is up, they turn to heroin, which has many of the same effects as the pain killers they were on.

And oh yeah............by the way.............marijuana is showing promise as an effective way to wean people off of heroin addiction.
LOL.

Now isn't that ironic (at least for his position).

in another ten years the feds will have decriminalize it and every state will be med pot and half the country will legalize it .....you are paddling against the current.....
So you're in favor of a national heroin epidemic. OK, gotcha. It's not every day the US has such a golden opportunity to ransack itself and the Mexican economy all in one fell swoop.

I wonder if the FDA has the power to shut down something touted as a medicine if it doesn't meet certain standards. I'm sure Monsanto will move in and seize the markets; like they always do. Yummy, pot laced with roundup & genetically modified. Poor Mexico; though they too were famous for dumping pesticides on their pot; before the US collapsed 1/4 of their economy and they had to turn to selling way more addictive heroin to make up the deficit.

Your choice. Pot or heroin. Because Mexico will import one or the other depending on market value.

Drug use has held steady in this country despite the spending of trillions of dollars and the loss of thousands of lives in the futile attempt to stop drug use.

People have been using drugs and mind altering substances for the human race's entire existence

Besides that it's none of your business what a person does with their own body.

Drug use has held steady in this country despite the spending of trillions of dollars and the loss of thousands of lives in the futile attempt to stop drug use.

People have been using drugs and mind altering substances for the human race's entire existence

And...Mexico? Their economy? Which drug would you prefer they import between pot and heroin?

No. SUGER is the gateway drug. Human beings are addictive. It's in our nature. ALL animals are afflicted with it in one form or another. Merely "eliminating" as if that is even remotely possible, a particular drug will have zero impact on the problem as a whole. Zero.

Well I'll entertain your stawman to this degree: The real cause of all human maladies is a lack of moral foundation and an absorption in the physical world of pleasures of all descriptions to the point of incurable obsession.

But for right now the practical solution to stemming the tide of heroin into this country from Mexico is for our leaders to meet behind closed doors with Mexican Officials (cartels?) and strike a deal that to prop up their economy, they ditch the heroin imports and revert to pot. And if not, we tell the Mexicans that pot will be completely legal here and that every effort will be made to punish the Mexican economy further if they do not stop the heroin flow on their side of the fence.

It's an excellent if imperfect compromise; and one that would lead to finding more bodies in ditches just asleep with twinkie & doritoes bags scattered around them than swollen and putrefying from a heroin overdose.

Morality is the realm of religion. Human beings are animals. They react like animals. They are driven by instinct every bit as much as a dog is. Some humans are able to control their base urges and rise above their instincts. I have known people who were functional heroin addicts. They were very nice people. They would never harm anyone but they were addicted to this drug. They were able to control their intake so that they remained functional and were able to hold down jobs etc. No morality, simple self control.

I have known one functional heroin addict myself- the issue though is cost- and safety. If the cost is too high- the addict will almost anything to get the drug- which leads to crime and violence. The other issue is safety- the reason heroin addicts are dying is not because they are taking heroin- its because they don't actually know what they are taking- it could be a higher or lower dosage, or it could be cut with anything.

And no- pot laws have very little to no correlation to heroin addiction.

And...Mexico? Their economy? Which drug would you prefer they import between pot and heroin?

Mexico doesn't really import either pot or heroin. Perhaps you mean 'export'?

I would prefer Mexico not export either, but as long as the demand exists in the United States they will. Since the demand for pot and heroin are not related, but heroin is more profitable and more easily smuggled into the United States, regardless of our pot laws, the drug lords will smuggle heroin into the United States.

Legalizing pot just removes a revenue stream to the drug lords- and that is a good thing.

there has been like 88 posts here and i dont see anyone agreeing with you......"paranoia runs deep,into your heart it will creep"....

Silhouette listens to the voices in her head very closely- and she agrees with them- and uses them as her source of inspiration.

The price for legal weed is high compared to the Mexican Dirt-weed they sell. Still there is a market for that shit in many states.

So no doubt it will stay high when 1,000 acre farms in the Midwest are farming it for Monsanto.

Currently there is still a huge black market for Pot all over the country. Your beloved cartels are safe from the demon spawn Monsanto.

It is an interesting take on keeping millions of US citizens, who happen to be recreational cannabis users, subject to criminal penalties. It would be like saying during the prohibition era that we needed to keep alcohol illegal cause the gangsters makes lots of money off it. If they lose that source of income they'll increase some other bad stuff they do to make up for it! Lets keep on jailing Americans who drink beer.

Actually it is even more like Prohibition than that- liquor manufacturers in Canada and Mexico made millions off of the prohibition- as that alcohol was smuggled over the border.

It is like arguing that the Prohibition should have continued in order to help Canada and Mexico stay friends with the United States- and prevent them from shipping heroin to the U.S.

Silhouette listens to the voices in her head very closely- and she agrees with them- and uses them as her source of inspiration.
its called paranoia......as unfounded as it is.........

Secure the border and it won't happen but then again legalizing drugs would go a long way to stopping illegal drug trafficking

Forum List

Back