National ID

when youre registered with the government you are no longer a free person,,,
Baloney! You are as free as you ever was with a national id.
you failed to tell me what the punishment is if I dont have one when I'm asked for it,,,
You probably get a ticket and you have to get one before your court date. Same as a drivers license.
my DL only applies if I'm driving,,,

sounds like youre saying I would go to jail if I didnt have it,,,ie loss of freedom,,,

NOT GOOD!!!
You can't get a book out of the library without an id. What's the loss of freedom? No you don't go to jail, you just better not be caught driving without one.
You want to vote...get an id. Or don't vote. Your choice. No biggie. You are still free as a bird.
And if you can’t get an ID?

you can see it anyway you want,,,just leave me and the rest of us out of it

Do you support an ID to vote?

of course I do,,,it would be stupid and irresponsible to not

Then why not a national id?
for me, there are two reasons I am AGAINST IT....

When we are required to have one, then we will be required to show one... much like the Gestapo asking for your ''papers'' when you are simply walking down the street.... or playing ball at the playground, or who knows? :dunno: a slippery slope that some of us rejected when the patriot act forced all states to issue driver's licenses with rfid tracking, a chip, or something of the sort I believe, with a National list.... or they threatened to do something similar.... that my State sued with other states and refused to do such with our driver's licenses.... but the Federal gvt threatened to hold back fed funds that Maine needed and the State finally gave in....about 4 years after most of the other states....

and you know whatever they claim will be the only reason to show it will be constantly changed with any new crisis or emergency, to increase the situations where you have to show it to the government...

how is that living ''in the land of the free''?

and second, which all leads to my fears in the first reason, is Bible Prophesy... ''no one will be able to buy or sell, without a chip, a chip in your right hand...'' the technology is there now and yes people are embedding these chips that have their credit card bar code encoded so they can make purchases by just wanding their hand....

so, I can just see within a few years or decade after we are forced to carry a National ID with us at all times for alleged national security purposes, that some instances come up that show the national id card can be counter-fitted and they begin teasing us with proposals of a chip in the hand as being the ONLY safe way to prove who you are.... according to our govt....

and all of this according to prophesy, is the movement of the anti-christ...

thus, I do not support it! :eek:

y'all can do what ya want...

but over my dead body, will I agree to it! :)
You do not have to provide ID right now if you are stopped without cause. A National ID will be the same. Just say no if you are asked.

The biblical reason is just plain silly
I didn't bring it up. If a cop stops you for suspicion of shoplifting, you have to give them something.

sounds like youre saying I would go to jail if I didnt have it,,,ie loss of freedom,,,

NOT GOOD!!!
You can't get a book out of the library without an id. What's the loss of freedom? No you don't go to jail, you just better not be caught driving without one.
You want to vote...get an id. Or don't vote. Your choice. No biggie. You are still free as a bird.

but you said I would be arrested and get a ticket if I didnt have one...and we all know that means you go to jail if you dont comply with the fines,,,

so thats a pretty big loss of freedom if you ask me,,
If you are driving without a license. What freedom is being taken away from you?
You have to have a SS number to get a job. How were you planning on surviving?

we arent talking about driving,,,and i havent shown my SS# in over 30 yrs and doing just fine,,,
I haven't had one in 30 years either but I give them my number. You can have a job without one.

I didnt say I didnt have one,,,

When we are required to have one, then we will be required to show one... much like the Gestapo asking for your ''papers'' when you are simply walking down the street.... or playing ball at the playground, or who knows? :dunno: a slippery slope that some of us rejected when the patriot act forced all states to issue driver's licenses with rfid tracking, a chip, or something of the sort I believe, with a National list.... or they threatened to do something similar.... that my State sued with other states and refused to do such with our driver's licenses.... but the Federal gvt threatened to hold back fed funds that Maine needed and the State finally gave in....about 4 years after most of the other states....

and you know whatever they claim will be the only reason to show it will be constantly changed with any new crisis or emergency, to increase the situations where you have to show it to the government...

and second, which all leads to my fears in the first reason, is Bible Prophesy... ''no one will be able to buy or sell, without a chip, a chip in your right hand...'' the technology is there now and yes people are embedding these chips that have their credit card bar code encoded so they can make purchases by just wanding their hand....

so, I can just see within a few years or decade after we are forced to carry a National ID with us at all times for alleged national security purposes, that some instances come up that show the national id card can be counter-fitted and they begin teasing us with proposals of a chip in the hand as being the ONLY safe way to prove who you are.... according to our govt....

You do not have to provide ID right now if you are stopped without cause. A National ID will be the same. Just say no if you are asked.

I didn't bring it up. If a cop stops you for suspicion of shoplifting, you have to give them something.

no you dont,,,

Baloney! You are as free as you ever was with a national id.
you failed to tell me what the punishment is if I dont have one when I'm asked for it,,,
You probably get a ticket and you have to get one before your court date. Same as a drivers license.

NOT GOOD!!!
Don't get a job, go to the library, go to school, drive a car, vote...Make it easy on everyone. Go to Cuba.

NOT GOOD!!!
Don't get a job, go to the library, go to school, drive a car, vote...Make it easy on everyone. Go to Cuba.

now youre just being a fucking idiot,,,

no you dont,,,
Buh bye!

NOT GOOD!!!

but you said I would be arrested and get a ticket if I didnt have one...and we all know that means you go to jail if you dont comply with the fines,,,

If you are driving without a license. What freedom is being taken away from you?

in fact your SS# argument just shows you got nothing cause we already have one
That SS number is certainly an id.

NOT GOOD!!!

on mine its specifically says not an ID,,,
but even if it was it proves we already have one and dont need another

NOT GOOD!!!

No … a fucking idiot does not have an id...lol

no you dont,,,
Buh bye!

thats best,,,

NOT GOOD!!!

No … a fucking idiot does not have an id...lol

but I do have one,,,

If you have a SS number, you are a citizen.

By the way, did you know that Obama's social security number if from Connecticut. He was never there.

By the way, did you know that Obama's social security number if from Connecticut. He was never there.

youre back to being a fucking idiot again,,,,

no you dont,,,
Buh bye!

thats best,,,
That was buy bye that you would be going to jail if stopped for shoplifting without an id or ss number.

you can see it anyway you want,,,just leave me and the rest of us out of it

it might be silly and was silly for the past 2000 years, but low and behold, the technology is here, to make it come true!

And how DO YOU KNOW it will stay the same as now, where cops can't force you to show your national id when they ask?

WHY have it, if they can't ask then force.. you to show it....??

and then, if you can look past the first step of a national id and in to the future, when the national id can be compromised and counter-fitted, what will they force us to do for our national security next? The newest and the latest technology, is my guess, a chip implant.... counterfeit proof, so we will be told... I can envision the slippery slope

what's the purpose of needing one?

youre back to being a fucking idiot again,,,,
There's a fucking idiot on the board. Look in the mirror to find him.

no you dont,,,
Buh bye!

thats best,,,
That was buy bye that you would be going to jail if stopped for shoplifting without an id or ss number.

going to jail for what???

it might be silly and was silly for the past 2000 years, but low and behold, the technology is here, to make it come true!

And how DO YOU KNOW it will stay the same as now, where cops can't force you to show your national id when they ask?

WHY have it, if they can't ask then force.. you to show it....??

and then, if you can look past the first step of a national id and in to the future, when the national id can be compromised and counter-fitted, what will they force us to do for our national security next? The newest and the latest technology, is my guess, a chip implant.... counterfeit proof, so we will be told... I can envision the slippery slope

what's the purpose of needing one?
Oh, it's coming. You can chip your kids or pets And there is a commercial for a fingerprint to replace a credit cARD NOW.

Right now, no policeman can require you to show him an ID.... yes, that's right.... a cop can not require you to show one to him if he stops you walking on the street or in your yard or in the public or home etc....

Will that change?
LOL refuse to show ID and see what happens.

Forum List

Back