National ID

What are the arguments against it?
when youre registered with the government you are no longer a free person,,,
Baloney! You are as free as you ever was with a national id.
you failed to tell me what the punishment is if I dont have one when I'm asked for it,,,
You probably get a ticket and you have to get one before your court date. Same as a drivers license.

theres a big difference when you consider the constitution

Sure. But not when you consider government powers and an ID. I see no big diff between a state ID and a national ID.

you can see it anyway you want,,,just leave me and the rest of us out of it

Do you support an ID to vote?

of course I do,,,it would be stupid and irresponsible to not

Then why not a national id?
for me, there are two reasons I am AGAINST IT....

When we are required to have one, then we will be required to show one... much like the Gestapo asking for your ''papers'' when you are simply walking down the street.... or playing ball at the playground, or who knows? :dunno: a slippery slope that some of us rejected when the patriot act forced all states to issue driver's licenses with rfid tracking, a chip, or something of the sort I believe, with a National list.... or they threatened to do something similar.... that my State sued with other states and refused to do such with our driver's licenses.... but the Federal gvt threatened to hold back fed funds that Maine needed and the State finally gave in....about 4 years after most of the other states....

and you know whatever they claim will be the only reason to show it will be constantly changed with any new crisis or emergency, to increase the situations where you have to show it to the government...

how is that living ''in the land of the free''?

and second, which all leads to my fears in the first reason, is Bible Prophesy... ''no one will be able to buy or sell, without a chip, a chip in your right hand...'' the technology is there now and yes people are embedding these chips that have their credit card bar code encoded so they can make purchases by just wanding their hand....

so, I can just see within a few years or decade after we are forced to carry a National ID with us at all times for alleged national security purposes, that some instances come up that show the national id card can be counter-fitted and they begin teasing us with proposals of a chip in the hand as being the ONLY safe way to prove who you are.... according to our govt....

and all of this according to prophesy, is the movement of the anti-christ...

thus, I do not support it! :eek:

y'all can do what ya want...

but over my dead body, will I agree to it! :)

Last edited:
you failed to tell me what the punishment is if I dont have one when I'm asked for it,,,
You probably get a ticket and you have to get one before your court date. Same as a drivers license.
my DL only applies if I'm driving,,,

sounds like youre saying I would go to jail if I didnt have it,,,ie loss of freedom,,,

NOT GOOD!!!

Are you a "Soverien Citizen?"
Sure. But not when you consider government powers and an ID. I see no big diff between a state ID and a national ID.

When we are required to have one, then we will be required to show one... much like the Gestapo asking for your ''papers'' when you are simply walking down the street.... or playing ball at the playground, or who knows? :dunno: a slippery slope that some of us rejected when the patriot act forced all states to issue driver's licenses with rfid tracking, a chip, or something of the sort I believe, with a Nation list.... or they threatened to do something similar.... that my State sued with other states and refused to do such with our driver's licenses.... but the Federal gvt threatened to hold back fed funds that Maine needed and the State finally gave in....about 4 years after most of the other states....

and you know whatever they claim will be the only reason to show it will be constantly changed with any new crisis or emergency, to increase the situations where you have to show it to the government...

and second, which all leads to my fears in the first reason, is Bible Prophesy... ''no one will be able to buy or sell, without a chip, a chip in your right hand...'' the technology is there now and yes people are imbedding these chips that have their credit card bar code encoded so they can make purchases by just wanding their hand....

so, I can just see within a few years or decade after we are forced to carry a National ID with us at all times for alleged national security purposes, that some instances come up that show the national id card can be counterfitted and they begin teasing us with proposals of a chip in the hand as being the ONLY safe way to prove who you are.... according to our govt....

1) There is no Gestapo.
2) The mark of the beast is a chip implanted in your hand, not your billfold.

When we are required to have one, then we will be required to show one... much like the Gestapo asking for your ''papers'' when you are simply walking down the street.... or playing ball at the playground, or who knows? :dunno: a slippery slope that some of us rejected when the patriot act forced all states to issue driver's licenses with rfid tracking, a chip, or something of the sort I believe, with a Nation list.... or they threatened to do something similar.... that my State sued with other states and refused to do such with our driver's licenses.... but the Federal gvt threatened to hold back fed funds that Maine needed and the State finally gave in....about 4 years after most of the other states....

and second, which all leads to my fears in the first reason, is Bible Prophesy... ''no one will be able to buy or sell, without a chip, a chip in your right hand...'' the technology is there now and yes people are imbedding these chips that have their credit card bar code encoded so they can make purchases by just wanding their hand....

so, I can just see within a few years or decade after we are forced to carry a National ID with us at all times for alleged national security purposes, that some instances come up that show the national id card can be counterfitted and they begin teasing us with proposals of a chip in the hand as being the ONLY safe way to prove who you are.... according to our govt....

1) There is no Gestapo.

if youre sovereign youre not a citizen,,,two different things

sounds like youre saying I would go to jail if I didnt have it,,,ie loss of freedom,,,

NOT GOOD!!!
You can't get a book out of the library without an id. What's the loss of freedom? No you don't go to jail, you just better not be caught driving without one.
You want to vote...get an id. Or don't vote. Your choice. No biggie. You are still free as a bird.

1) There is no Gestapo.

Are you one of those crazies?

NOT GOOD!!!
You can't get a book out of the library without an id. What's the loss of freedom? No you don't go to jail, you just better not be caught driving without one.
You want to vote...get an id. Or don't vote. Your choice. No biggie. You are still free as a bird.

but you said I would be arrested and get a ticket if I didnt have one...and we all know that means you go to jail if you dont comply with the fines,,,

so thats a pretty big loss of freedom if you ask me,,

1) There is no Gestapo.
if you read my post thoroughly, you would see that I ADDRESSED your comment about the chip in the hand, before you made it! :)

1) There is no Gestapo.

now youre just scrambling to come up with something cause you got nothing else,,,

NOT GOOD!!!

but you said I would be arrested and get a ticket if I didnt have one...and we all know that means you go to jail if you dont comply with the fines,,,

If you are driving without a license. What freedom is being taken away from you?
You have to have a SS number to get a job. How were you planning on surviving?

Right now, no policeman can require you to show him an ID.... yes, that's right.... a cop can not require you to show one to him if he stops you walking on the street or in your yard or in the public or home etc....

Will that change?

NOT GOOD!!!

If you are driving without a license. What freedom is being taken away from you?

we arent talking about driving,,,and i havent shown my SS# in over 30 yrs and doing just fine,,,

NOT GOOD!!!

in fact your SS# argument just shows you got nothing cause we already have one

1) There is no Gestapo.

now youre just scrambling to come up with something cause you got nothing else,,,
I asked you if you are a sovereign citizen. That's not scrambling

We all have been manuvered to this. All of the angles come to this conclusion. And the move to authoritarian rule will inch closer. So for my view about voting, this would serve well. But for other reasons known to the people who pushed everything on us for many decades, they know. The oldest ones that are still alive as politicians in our nation, what have you wrought?

1) There is no Gestapo.

I asked you if you are a sovereign citizen. That's not scrambling

and I told you those are two different things,,,

When we are required to have one, then we will be required to show one... much like the Gestapo asking for your ''papers'' when you are simply walking down the street.... or playing ball at the playground, or who knows? :dunno: a slippery slope that some of us rejected when the patriot act forced all states to issue driver's licenses with rfid tracking, a chip, or something of the sort I believe, with a National list.... or they threatened to do something similar.... that my State sued with other states and refused to do such with our driver's licenses.... but the Federal gvt threatened to hold back fed funds that Maine needed and the State finally gave in....about 4 years after most of the other states....

and second, which all leads to my fears in the first reason, is Bible Prophesy... ''no one will be able to buy or sell, without a chip, a chip in your right hand...'' the technology is there now and yes people are embedding these chips that have their credit card bar code encoded so they can make purchases by just wanding their hand....

so, I can just see within a few years or decade after we are forced to carry a National ID with us at all times for alleged national security purposes, that some instances come up that show the national id card can be counter-fitted and they begin teasing us with proposals of a chip in the hand as being the ONLY safe way to prove who you are.... according to our govt....

You do not have to provide ID right now if you are stopped without cause. A National ID will be the same. Just say no if you are asked.

The biblical reason is just plain silly

NOT GOOD!!!

we arent talking about driving,,,and i havent shown my SS# in over 30 yrs and doing just fine,,,
I haven't had one in 30 years either but I give them my number. You can have a job without one.

Forum List

Back