National debt hits $19 trillion

I bet if we stopped the wars and closed the loop holes on the rich we could balance the deficit without cutting infrastructure,, science, r&d and education. Maybe I'd also cut some of the pork spending and have a full on investigation on where all the money is going so we can start to figure exactly wtf is going on.

A trillion here, a trillion there, pretty soon you're talking about some real money.
Where is it all going??? We're spending less on infrastructure, science, r&d and education then anytime during the past 30 years. I know you get sick of me saying it but this is a serious question.

I think cutting the hell out of such areas taht benefit our economy and society isn't a good idea. We should figure out what is causing our debt problems and aim to fix them.

How sicking...

None of this debt went to infrastructure, science, r&d or education...We got fucked and didn't even get something for it.
I understand that you are upset, but I note that you have not provided links to back up anything you just said.

How sicking...

None of this debt went to infrastructure, science, r&d or education...We got fucked and didn't even get something for it.
Thanks to your beloved Obama.
Let's not forget the trillions bush charged to the credit card for his wars; not to mention all the US troops he sent off to their deaths, along with innocent civilians, but nutters don't care about that.
Who are the nutters you are talking about?

Is George Bush someone who doesn't' care about the troops? The military didn't think so. They loved George Bush. I saw in their eyes whenever he went to see them, once there was a surprise Thanksgiving visit. Here's the video:

Watch the Troops Go Wild when President George W. Bush Makes a Surprise Appearance for Thanksgiving - The Political Insider

Tell me truthfully, what would be the troop's reaction if Obama showed up for Thanksgiving?

Donald Trump's promising to spend more money on the military, the wall on the Mexican border, deportations of millions of illegal aliens, and help for those who can't help themselves.

In other words, more money than ever.

Hilarious...oh my God how clueless people are...just amazing.
I bet you can name every American Idol winner the past 10 years

So clinton did balance the Congress backed Clinton into the corner and he sin

So clinton did balance the budget.

Newt and the Congress backed Clinton into that corner until he signed the balanced budget they sent him.

So it is congress. We have a repub congress now.

True, and even if they could get a balanced budget past the Democrat filibuster in the Senate there is no chance in hell that Obama would sign it.

They don't have time for a balanced budget. Too busy getting more military spending and trying to get tax breaks for the richest.

What part of Senate filibuster don't you understand?

Newt and the Congress backed Clinton into that corner until he signed the balanced budget they sent him.

True, and even if they could get a balanced budget past the Democrat filibuster in the Senate there is no chance in hell that Obama would sign it.

They don't have time for a balanced budget. Too busy getting more military spending and trying to get tax breaks for the richest.

When was the last time you heard a Democrat mention balanced budget? When was the first time you heard a Democrat mention balanced budget?

What part of Senate filibuster don't you understand?
What part of they don't even try do you not understand? You can't really believe they want a balanced budget.

When was the last time you heard a Democrat mention balanced budget? When was the first time you heard a Democrat mention balanced budget?

And you hear repubs talk about it all the time. But they just talk and spend. They control congress and do nothing.

And you hear repubs talk about it all the time. But they just talk and spend. They control congress and do nothing.

Can't or won't answer either question I see.

Can't or won't answer either question I see.

Again talking doesn't do anything. That is all repubs do. I remember clinton talking about it and it happening.

How sicking...

The Wall Street banksters made out like bandits though with $4 TRILLION in QE gifts.

The debt isn't going to kill us all. All of this hysteria over the debt is, well, hysterical.

The debt isn't going to kill us all. All of this hysteria over the debt is, well, hysterical.
You are ignorant. We are not getting crushed by the debt since interest rates are at all time lows for the past century.

If interest rates return to their post World War 2 average of 7% then our budget interest payments skyrocket.

You are ignorant. We are not getting crushed by the debt since interest rates are at all time lows for the past century.

If interest rates return to their post World War 2 average of 7% then our budget interest payments skyrocket.
Like I said..
Interest rates are slated to return to normal levels over time. We have already had a quarter percent increase.

Do you know what the hell you are talking bout?

Forum List

Back