National debt hits $19 trillion

Dollar should be backed by gold. And other currencies too.That will solve the problem. Now world currencies are tied to dollar which is based on trust of investors, nothing else.

Dollar should be backed by gold. And other currencies too.That will solve the problem. Now world currencies are tied to dollar which is based on trust of investors, nothing else.

The dollar is the strongest currency in the world

Congress has more control over spending. Congress is republican.

Hilarious...oh my God how clueless people are...just amazing.
I bet you can name every American Idol winner the past 10 years

So clinton did balance the budget.

No...talk about deflection...hahahaha

Wait so it is congress?

You would have to ask yourself - you are the one bouncing all over the place.
No one balanced the budget during the Clinton years - total smoke and mirrors. Everyone knows it.

Everyone? No they don't. It was in much better shape than when bush destroyed it.

Let's not forget the trillions bush charged to the credit card for his wars; not to mention all the US troops he sent off to their deaths, along with innocent civilians, but nutters don't care about that.

Obama did the same...and then REALLY ramped up the spending by literally handing over our money to the wealthiest companies in the world. And it worked flawlessly...the top 7% wage earners in America have seen their earnings rise a whopping record 33% - while everyone else lost 5%.
Obama - the corporate puppet.
And yet, the media hardly says a peep about this. Income inequality is a big issue to the Left, but only when an R is in office.

Income equality is not the cause of the national debt.

Let's not forget the trillions bush charged to the credit card for his wars; not to mention all the US troops he sent off to their deaths, along with innocent civilians, but nutters don't care about that.

Obama did the same...and then REALLY ramped up the spending by literally handing over our money to the wealthiest companies in the world. And it worked flawlessly...the top 7% wage earners in America have seen their earnings rise a whopping record 33% - while everyone else lost 5%.
And yet, the media hardly says a peep about this. Income inequality is a big issue to the Left, but only when an R is in office.

It is not helping. To much inequality slows an economy. A slow economy collects less in taxes. That is where we are now.

Obama's legacy - increase the debt by $10 trillion...and vastly - VASTLY improve the profits of the top wealthiest people and companies in the world.

So clinton did balance the Congress backed Clinton into the corner and he sin
Obama's legacy - increase the debt by $10 trillion...and vastly - VASTLY improve the profits of the top wealthiest people and companies in the world.

Newt and the Congress backed Clinton into that corner until he signed the balanced budget they sent him.

Newt and the Congress backed Clinton into that corner until he signed the balanced budget they sent him.

So it is congress. We have a repub congress now.

It is not helping. To much inequality slows an economy. A slow economy collects less in taxes. That is where we are now.

Perhaps you would like to tell me that the top 10% don't pay the majority of the taxes.

They can't do it with continuing resolutions and Harry Reid blocking every House Budget submitted.

I don't see any of the candidates promising to get us out of debt. In fact, all of them are pushing programs that would increase the debt.

Trump is the only one who has addressed the debt as well as the deficit.
Trump wants to eliminate the deficit spending and pay down the national debt “big league” through cuts in government spending (particularly on the Departments of Education and Environmental Protection) and an increase in US productivity.

Trump is the only one who has addressed the debt as well as the deficit.
Trump wants to eliminate the deficit spending and pay down the national debt “big league” through cuts in government spending (particularly on the Departments of Education and Environmental Protection) and an increase in US productivity.

Cypress-Swamp-00041.jpg

True, and even if they could get a balanced budget past the Democrat filibuster in the Senate there is no chance in hell that Obama would sign it.

Perhaps you would like to tell me that the top 10% don't pay the majority of the taxes.

You think more taxes are paid in a slow economy? You can't be serious.

True, and even if they could get a balanced budget past the Democrat filibuster in the Senate there is no chance in hell that Obama would sign it.

They don't have time for a balanced budget. Too busy getting more military spending and trying to get tax breaks for the richest.

The House controls the purse string, yet the Repubs are not doing anything at all about it. A few feeble attempts, but not being really serious about it. This is what has voters so upset over the Repubs.

Yeah with a President who thinks they are the enemy and refuses to work with them.
Heck he has not even worked very well with his own party, let alone the enemy republicans.

Hey, who cares? It's only $19 trillion. It's only our children's and grandchildren's future that's being completely obliterated. Obviously, we have more pressing concerns like pursuing the unrealistic folly of repealing same sex marriage and fighting a mythical gender pay gap. Those are the things that are REALLY important, not a complete economic collapse due to too much debt.

The House controls the purse string, yet the Repubs are not doing anything at all about it. A few feeble attempts, but not being really serious about it. This is what has voters so upset over the Repubs.

Yeah with a President who thinks they are the enemy and refuses to work with them.
Heck he has not even worked very well with his own party, let alone the enemy republicans.

If they tried and got the public behind them it could be done. Problem is they want to spend.

If they tried and got the public behind them it could be done. Problem is they want to spend.

Yes both parties want to spend, spend, spend.

The dollar is the strongest currency in the world
it is based on the faith of investors, which is like a habit. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Hey, who cares? It's only $19 trillion. It's only our children's and grandchildren's future that's being completely obliterated. Obviously, we have more pressing concerns like pursuing the unrealistic folly of repealing same sex marriage and fighting a mythical gender pay gap. Those are the things that are REALLY important, not a complete economic collapse due to too much debt.
really, the debt is going to grow much faster and looks like the end is near. Like in financial pyramid just prior to collapse. What could US do to lower this debt? To pay interest payments on debt obligations US need somebody to buy new ones.

Forum List

Back