NASA confirms $118 million Odysseus lunar aircraft has TIPPED OVER onto its side after failed landing on the moon

Once again proving redundancy is the name of the game, oh and the lasers werent working cause a switch wasnt flipped....great preflight

In 1966 we were landing unmanned landers on the moon safely. A few years ago got to spend the morning with the man responsible for the imaging systems.

As an engineer one look at this lander says it’s top heavy. And the fact they didn’t even try to send video while it was landing shows how sucky the design team is.

Once again, new technology sucks.

View attachment 907641

When I first saw the design, I thought……Why is it so tall?
But I figured NASA had done the math

Now NASA explains…well it hit a rock and tipped over
That is why you don’t make landers so tall

A short, squatty lander will not tip over
It wasn't very Intuitive of them.

It wasn't very Intuitive of them.
we all know obama politicized NASA...but try and research that know....google has erased and or censored anything related to that....google search is a joke....in fact I do not know of a good search engine...duckduck go is no better.

Last edited:
They reported a descent of 6mph with a lateral speed of 2mph.

Enough to trip it I guess.
Irregardless of your guess work...they should have had a back up plan to get it back up on its feet....not like this problem has not happened before.

NASA went DEI so don't ever expect any more successes.

Straight White males like the ones that put a man on the moon using slide rules don't fit the target demographics of NASA so we are pretty much fucked when it comes to competency.

NASA went DEI so don't ever expect any more successes.

Straight White males like the ones that put a man on the moon using slide rules don't fit the target demographics of NASA so we are pretty much fucked when it comes to competency.

There are a lot more Asians than there were in the 1960s

Jeez people, this is not like flying your drone around the neighborhood. This is a remote spacecraft landing on the moon.

there is a risk to reward calcution somewhere? But in the case of if this is throwing GOVT money. Risk be dammmed. We go! $34T overspending is nothing. Add this on too.

I am quite sure that NASA doesn't let engineers make stupid mistakes.

But what happened was not a stupid mistake. And, as Harry Dresden said, the Odysseus landed properly, which is amazing.

lol! Youre ASSuming they have competent MGT to understand and oversee every detail. Like AOC in charge to get the Cuban quota up.

uh….leg got caught? Huh? On a moon rock? While unfolding? Caught on a loose wire? WTH?

i dont know who pays this stuff, but maybe from TAX dollars? In that case we deserve to know. How did it fail?

If you land upright and your legs tip you over when you extend them, you have design issues

If the legs sink in on one side (like into mud) lol! They must have planned weight height displacement issues? With large margins?

NASA has confirmed that the first private owned spacecraft to land on the moon has 'tipped over on its side' - but is 'alive and well.'

Intuitive Machines had previously received data that its $118 million Odysseus was standing with its six feet on the ground, but updates reveled the lander is laying on the lunar landscape.

The company noted one of the legs became caught, causing it to fall onto its side - just one day after a white-knuckle touchdown that was confirmed as a soft landing.

DEI alive an well ....derp
Let's see your Lunar lander on the Moon, dipshit.

In 1966 we were landing unmanned landers on the moon safely. A few years ago got to spend the morning with the man responsible for the imaging systems.

As an engineer one look at this lander says it’s top heavy. And the fact they didn’t even try to send video while it was landing shows how sucky the design team is.

Once again, new technology sucks.

View attachment 907641
How many died before we had a spaceship that would land on the moon?

Forum List

Back