NASA confirms $118 million Odysseus lunar aircraft has TIPPED OVER onto its side after failed landing on the moon

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
NASA has confirmed that the first private owned spacecraft to land on the moon has 'tipped over on its side' - but is 'alive and well.'

Intuitive Machines had previously received data that its $118 million Odysseus was standing with its six feet on the ground, but updates reveled the lander is laying on the lunar landscape.

The company noted one of the legs became caught, causing it to fall onto its side - just one day after a white-knuckle touchdown that was confirmed as a soft landing.

DEI alive an well ....derp

NASA has confirmed that the first private owned spacecraft to land on the moon has 'tipped over on its side' - but is 'alive and well.'

Intuitive Machines had previously received data that its $118 million Odysseus was standing with its six feet on the ground, but updates reveled the lander is laying on the lunar landscape.

The company noted one of the legs became caught, causing it to fall onto its side - just one day after a white-knuckle touchdown that was confirmed as a soft landing.

I`m not familiar with DEI or derp. Can you speak English?

DEI has what to do with the spacecraft tipping over?...oh yeah. Nothing.
Still a pretty cool achievement. Let's see if any of their experiments can return data.
That'll show us how much we can measure this as a success or failure.

No doubt caused by incompetent alien engineers that obama hired to raise their self esteem

No doubt caused by incompetent alien engineers that obama hired to raise their self esteem

I am quite sure that NASA doesn't let engineers make stupid mistakes.

But what happened was not a stupid mistake. And, as Harry Dresden said, the Odysseus landed properly, which is amazing.

DEI has what to do with the spacecraft tipping over?...oh yeah. Nothing.
Still a pretty cool achievement. Let's see if any of their experiments can return data.
That'll show us how much we can measure this as a success or failure.
Blame the Black Guy

they should go back to the 1960's apollo technology that worked

Just looking at the thing it looks top heavy….too tall

1708778529359.jpeg

Lunar Landers should be short and squatty

When I first saw the design, I thought……Why is it so tall?
But I figured NASA had done the math

Now NASA explains…well it hit a rock and tipped over
That is why you don’t make landers so tall

A short, squatty lander will not tip over

Biden should be sent to the moon....at least he knows how to get back up when he falls over...not a mean accomplishment for someone his age....i think though that is not really an aptitude for being a president....oh wait....my bad...he is not really a president.

One must wonder why NASA could not see the possibility of this as it has happened before and thus they should have a fix for it?

DEI alive a well ....derp
In 1966 we were landing unmanned landers on the moon safely. A few years ago got to spend the morning with the man responsible for the imaging systems.

As an engineer one look at this lander says it’s top heavy. And the fact they didn’t even try to send video while it was landing shows how sucky the design team is.

Once again, new technology sucks.

IMG_9397.jpeg

Last edited:

But what happened was not a stupid mistake. And, as Harry Dresden said, the Odysseus landed properly, which is amazing.
Watching their sim I'm not surprised and dont see why they are. Wasnt it still moving laterally at an angle instead of coming straight down

My favorite is the Mars probe that turned itself into a lawn dart because the engineers used metric units instead of imperial.

Science 101: always write units of measurement.

Forum List

Back