My Three Global Warming Fraud Websites

Actually you didn't. Apparently the temperature differential Tyndall observed was too small to measure.
How do you picture yourself as someone knowledgeable regarding science but reject the Greenhouse effect?

How do you picture yourself as someone knowledgeable regarding science but reject the Greenhouse effect?
You must have a horrible memory.

I don't reject the GHG effect, dummy. I totally accept the GHG effect which is a result of an ATMOSPHERE WITH WATER VAPOR. I reject climate sensitivity and the quantification of CO2's impact at such ridiculously low concentrations because it's never been measured.

Actually you didn't.

Actually, again, you are mistaken. I discussed it at length and even pointed to the paper. The temperature measured (or the analogue thereof) was NOT the point and it doesn't relate to climate change.

Tyndall was establishing that CO2 absorbs IR radiation. Which he showed. He then figured out that gases like CO2 which absorb IR are in part responsible for why our atmosphere holds heat at all. (The thing you got wrong earlier about the atmosphere as a greenhouse gas, that's what this is about. The Atmosphere itself is NOT a greenhouse gas by and large since gases like O2 and N2 don't absorb appreciable amounts of IR radiation, their bonds are not the right kind).

Tyndall was saying NOTHING about human caused climate change as that hypothesis wasn't even a thing until about 30 years later when Arrhenius first proposed it.

Apparently the temperature differential Tyndall observed was too small to measure.

I don't understand why someone who has a technical background would have so much trouble with this concept. Honestly. Just don't understand it. Did you miss the First Law of Thermo lecture in your Pchem class?

You must have a horrible memory.

You are wrong about CO2's impact not being measured.

Wigley (2005) used a modern volcanic eruption (Mt. Pinatubo) and found a climate sensitivity for CO2.

But that's a science article so you wouldn't have known about it.

(I look forward to your critique because I bet it won't sound like something someone with an actual technical degree would generate.)

You are wrong about CO2's impact not being measured.

Wigley (2005) used a modern volcanic eruption (Mt. Pinatubo) and found a climate sensitivity for CO2.

But that's a science article so you wouldn't have known about it.

(I look forward to your critique because I bet it won't sound like something someone with an actual technical degree would generate.)
Again... what was the temperature difference that Tyndall measured in his experiment?

Actually, again, you are mistaken. I discussed it at length and even pointed to the paper. The temperature measured (or the analogue thereof) was NOT the point and it doesn't relate to climate change.

Tyndall was establishing that CO2 absorbs IR radiation. Which he showed. He then figured out that gases like CO2 which absorb IR are in part responsible for why our atmosphere holds heat at all. (The thing you got wrong earlier about the atmosphere as a greenhouse gas, that's what this is about. The Atmosphere itself is NOT a greenhouse gas by and large since gases like O2 and N2 don't absorb appreciable amounts of IR radiation, their bonds are not the right kind).

Tyndall was saying NOTHING about human caused climate change as that hypothesis wasn't even a thing until about 30 years later when Arrhenius first proposed it.

I don't understand why someone who has a technical background would have so much trouble with this concept. Honestly. Just don't understand it. Did you miss the First Law of Thermo lecture in your Pchem class?
Again... what was the temperature difference that Tyndall measured in his experiment?

Again; why does that matter?

Do you honestly doubt that CO2 is capable of absorbing IR?

Do you honestly NOT believe in the First Law of Thermodynamics?

I am frankly surprised you don't understand the Conservation of Energy. I can see why you did so badly with your engineering models if you don't understand the basics.

Again; why does that matter?

Do you honestly doubt that CO2 is capable of absorbing IR?

Do you honestly NOT believe in the First Law of Thermodynamics?
There was a difference in temperatures, right? It matters because the very small differences he measured contradict the very large temperature differences your climate gods predict.

But did she really just say why do measurements from controlled laboratory experiments matter?

There was a difference in temperatures, right? It matters because the very small differences he measured contradict the very large temperature differences your climate gods predict.

I am saddened to learn that, like mineralogy and most of geology, you don't know thermodynamics either.

That is kind of unsettling, but it is interesting to see the astounding depth of your overall ignorance in basic science.

But did she really just say why do measurements from controlled laboratory experiments matter?

Who said that?

Either way it is clear you have no clue how earth science works (unless you think we have lab-based plate tectonics experiments ongoing).

In an effort to get you to drop this stupid line or questioning, I will remind you that Tyndall in his 1859 paper doesn't measure temperature directly, he uses a galvanometer attached to a "thermo electric pile" and he measured the deviation of the galvanometer needle to determine if heat was being transmitted through the gas.

In an effort to get you to drop this stupid line or questioning, I will remind you that Tyndall in his 1859 paper doesn't measure temperature directly, he uses a galvanometer attached to a "thermo electric pile" and he measured the deviation of the galvanometer needle to determine if heat was being transmitted through the gas.
That sounds an awfully lot like he did measure temperature. What was the difference in his readings?

I am saddened to learn that, like mineralogy and most of geology, you don't know thermodynamics either.

That is kind of unsettling, but it is interesting to see the astounding depth of your overall ignorance in basic science.
I'm happy enough to let others decide which of us doesn't understand geology, thermo and science in general.

But please do keep making this about me. ;)

I'm happy enough to let others decide which of us doesn't understand geology, thermo and science in general.

The guy who doesn't understand that once IR is absorbed it doesn't just "disappear" would be the guy who clearly doesn't understand thermo.

Forum List

Back