My Sympathy Is With The Teacher

That you would even consider that the teacher's reaction might be appropriate is all anyone would need to insist that you never be granted access to children in any capacity.

The children I've been around have been raised properly. I know their parents personally.

You can dispense with the assumptions.

Then again, what would have been the appropriate reaction by the teacher? Tell us.

Would you have the kid removed from the classroom by the resource officer? Sure, that would resolve the issue for the day. But the next morning...

Suspend the kid? That solves the problem for a minimum of two weeks to a month. And then the child is placed directly back into that environment, having learned nothing in the process.

I mean, temporary punishments are temporary. The lessons they teach are temporary. Physical reinforcement, like a spanking (or whatever that teacher did with the stick) teaches a permanent lesson.

Between 1924 and 1965, immigration was restricted and nearly stopped. The reason was that after waves of immigration, the nation decide that time was needed for assimilation.

It was the right move, and I am an immigrant.

But under Democrats, who see only votes, ...
....did you know that by the end of Biden's term America will be 20% illegal immigrants?

Texas lieutenant governor warns 20% of people in US will be ...
https://video.foxnews.com › ...
Texas lieutenant governor warns 20% of people in US will be illegal immigrants by end of Biden's first term. Apr. 11, 2022 - 4:05 - Texas sheriffs Brad Coe ...

20% of American population will be here illegally by the end of ...
https://www.yahoo.com › video › 20-american-populati...
2 days ago — 20% of American population will be here illegally by the end of Biden's ... in US will be illegal immigrants by end of Biden's first term.

I'm astounded that immigrants come here and do not want to assimilate. I'm not even talking about erasing all vestiges of the culture they left behind. A mixed bag of cultures is definitely a most American thing. I'm talking about assimilate to being American in the most fundamental way: embracing our core founding principles and accepting that you live in America rather than attempting to remake the place you left.

The children I've been around have been raised properly. I know their parents personally.

Then again, what would have been the appropriate reaction by the teacher? Tell us.

Would you have the kid removed from the classroom by the resource officer? Sure, that would resolve the issue for the day. But the next morning...

Suspend the kid? That solves the problem for a minimum of two weeks to a month. And then the child is placed directly back into that environment, having learned nothing in the process.

I mean, temporary punishments are temporary. The lessons they teach are temporary. Physical reinforcement, like a spanking (or whatever that teacher did with the stick) teaches a permanent lesson.

Wait kids still get removed from classrooms? They still get suspended?

ha. Welcome to Restorative Circles where talking sticks are passed around

Again, you ignorant fuck, I'm not advocating there be no punishment for the student. In fact, I challenge you to link to the post in which I've stated as much.

I point to your glaring silence, your lack of admonition of the child's behavior. Your lack of outrage at the obvious lack of parenting the child received which resulted in that behavior.

I don't need links. Sometimes with people like you, I need only establish a pattern of behavior.

It's sad that you're so intellectually bereft that physically striking a student is the only solution you can find. How you can't understand the failing of that reasoning is a mystery.

Yes, remove the student from the classroom. Refuse the child entrance back into the class until the parents have had the child treated by whoever it is who treats kids who exhibit such behavior. If the parents don't want to do that, they can home-school the little cretin...

In what part of that video was the child struck on the behind?

Exactly.

Dummy...

Reach for the most accessible part of the body. An arm, a hand... behind is an example. That would involve manhandling the child.

It's cute you call me all these names. I bet that outrage you have towards me makes you entitled to such ugly language.

It doesn't have to be the behind. I've been slapped clear across the backside of my head for being a little prick once upon a time.

Man, you are so dense.

I point to your glaring silence, your lack of admonition of the child's behavior. Your lack of outrage at the obvious lack of parenting the child received which resulted in that behavior.

Any outrage I would have for the student is all-but erased by my outrage for the teacher's reaction.

Yes, the child should be admonished. The child should be punished. The child should not be physically attacked by an adult.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

I don't need links. Sometimes with people like you, I need only establish a pattern of behavior.

Yeah, I knew you'd prove to be a complete failure...

It's sad that you're so intellectually bereft that physically striking a student is the only solution you can find. How you can't understand the failing of that reasoning is a mystery.

"Intellectually bereft" huh.

I highly doubt that. I know what needs to be done to children who don't show respect to their elders, as I was taught to, as my father and grandmother were.

Words don't cut it here, pansy.

Reach for the most accessible part of the body. An arm, a hand... behind is an example. That would involve manhandling the child.

It's cute you call me all these names. I bet that outrage you have towards me makes you entitled to such ugly language.

It doesn't have to be the behind. I've been slapped clear across the backside of my head for being a little prick once upon a time.

Man, you are so dense.

You are publicly advocating for the physical attack on a child.

Nothing you might try to insult me with surpasses that...

Yes, remove the student from the classroom. Refuse the child entrance back into the class until the parents have had the child treated by whoever it is who treats kids who exhibit such behavior. If the parents don't want to do that, they can home-school the little cretin...

Those people and place are full with waiting lists you can't even believe.

You are publicly advocating for the physical attack on a child.

Nothing you might try to insult me with surpasses that...

Nope. That's called corporal punishment. It's a lost art that needs to be reinstated.

Putting kids in corners and taking away their toys and privileges won't get them to stop. It will teach them to rebel.

Physical punishment goes a lot further.

The greatest insult I can give you is this:

You are soft and passive. You advocate bad behavior only when the reaction is deemed disproportionate by you.

You are what's wrong with American society. You cannot handle there being consequences for negative behavior.

"Intellectually bereft" huh.

Bereft, bankrupt, inept; take your pick. You're fucking stupid...

I highly doubt that. I know what needs to be done to children who don't show respect to their elders, as I was taught to, as my father and grandmother were.

Words don't cut it here, pansy.

I have no problem with a parent or grandparent reprimanding a child.

But no adult; be it a teacher, coach, counselor; anyone, should every strike someone else's child. It's your job to teach my child, not to raise him. If you don't understand that, you need to be removed from having any contact with children.

You believe, however, that adults should be able to smack little Johnny around.

You're wrong in so many ways...

Nope. That's called corporal punishment. It's a lost art that needs to be reinstated.

Putting kids in corners and taking away their toys and privileges won't get them to stop. It will teach them to rebel.

Physical punishment goes a lot further.

The greatest insult I can give you is this:

You are soft and passive. You advocate bad behavior only when the reaction is deemed disproportionate by you.

You are what's wrong with American society. You cannot handle there being consequences for negative behavior.
Anyone who tries that with my kid will be eating meals thru a straw

This is what I meant by letting outrage cloud out objectivity.

Clearly, you are not capable of practicing it.

Moving on.

I've stated, a number of times now, that the child should be punished. But the degree of punishment in the video is criminal in nature and, as such, is a far more important aspect to deal with...

I've been admitted to mental health facilities three times in my life, twice as an adult and once as a child. That one time as a child I remember very well, for the fact it did nothing to help my behavior. It also stunted my education at a critical juncture. I was ultimately admitted back to the same school and the same class I was in prior to that time.

So, how do these kinds of punishment discourage behavior like that child?

They don't.

Forum List

Back