My Questions for Joe Biden

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has made himself largely unavailable to questions from reporters since before his nomination. In contrast, President Trump has made himself available numerous times per day to reporters and their often hostile and confrontational questions.

This is why the moderator of the first debate, Chris Wallace of Fox News, should ask Biden the most questions. Not that Wallace needs any help from me, but here are some things I would ask.

Mr. Biden, why would you raise taxes when the president's tax cuts stimulated the economy and created millions of new jobs before the pandemic?

Follow-up: The federal government is approaching $27 trillion in debt. Your spending plans have been estimated to add $11 trillion to the debt. Even if your tax increases passed by Congress, it would not be nearly enough to cover what you plan to spend. Where is the money coming from and if from a foreign power, like China, doesn't that put us in hock to a hostile state?

BJ -
Assuming that Biden does show up, not sure that he can answer more than 1 question and a follow up but if so -

Yeah, I guess Wallace doesn't need any help from you. Because a real moderator wouldn't ask a partisan leaning lead in question. And the follow up just puts Trump in a more lousy light because most of the debt has been accrued in the months of his terrible response to the virus. Trump is the incumbent. It's his policies that he needs to defend. He should get as many questions as Biden. But I like the the fact that you want to give Trump a pass. Because my guess is that Trump will be stumbling, fumbling, bullying, and BS'ing about 15 minutes into the debate. I'm looking forward to the first time he has to actually defend one of his policies or even explain a policy.
Ah, Jack? Trump has had to defend his policies from hostile questions from the press on nearly a daily basis! Biden has not. Biden makes a lot of promises that he never explains how he will pay for other than saying it will be a tax on the rich. We know from past experience that attempting to tax the wealthy seldom works because they simply hide their capital in tax shelters. So my biggest question to Biden would be why should we think a tax on the rich will work NOW when it hasn't worked before and how will he keep that tax increase from negatively affecting economic growth?

A tax on the rich is still going to work better to pay for things than no tax.
I suggest you look at what happened to tax revenues in New Jersey when liberals there passed a "millionaires" tax, Pk! Not only did it not raise more tax revenues it saw a sharp decrease in revenues.

Trump cut taxes and we have seen a sharp increase in our debt.

Certain taxes can be avoided. Others can't unless the means of doing so are provided also.

And a tax increase in the midst of a recession is just plain idiotic!

Last year Trump was arguing that we had the best economy ever. Where were the increases to address the growing debt?
Here's the thing about the "growing debt", Pk...our Federal Government is like a very large pail who's sides have huge rents in it out of which water (our tax dollars!) flows at high volume! Now I'm all for getting as much revenue in as we can to help bring down our debt but the truth is...until we fix the holes in our bucket...pouring more water in isn't going to increase the amount of water we have. My biggest disappointment with Donald Trump is that as a businessman he hasn't attacked waste in the Federal Government! It's so rampant that it's almost seen as inevitable!

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has made himself largely unavailable to questions from reporters since before his nomination. In contrast, President Trump has made himself available numerous times per day to reporters and their often hostile and confrontational questions.

This is why the moderator of the first debate, Chris Wallace of Fox News, should ask Biden the most questions. Not that Wallace needs any help from me, but here are some things I would ask.

Mr. Biden, why would you raise taxes when the president's tax cuts stimulated the economy and created millions of new jobs before the pandemic?

Follow-up: The federal government is approaching $27 trillion in debt. Your spending plans have been estimated to add $11 trillion to the debt. Even if your tax increases passed by Congress, it would not be nearly enough to cover what you plan to spend. Where is the money coming from and if from a foreign power, like China, doesn't that put us in hock to a hostile state?

BJ -
Assuming that Biden does show up, not sure that he can answer more than 1 question and a follow up but if so -

Yeah, I guess Wallace doesn't need any help from you. Because a real moderator wouldn't ask a partisan leaning lead in question. And the follow up just puts Trump in a more lousy light because most of the debt has been accrued in the months of his terrible response to the virus. Trump is the incumbent. It's his policies that he needs to defend. He should get as many questions as Biden. But I like the the fact that you want to give Trump a pass. Because my guess is that Trump will be stumbling, fumbling, bullying, and BS'ing about 15 minutes into the debate. I'm looking forward to the first time he has to actually defend one of his policies or even explain a policy.
Ah, Jack? Trump has had to defend his policies from hostile questions from the press on nearly a daily basis! Biden has not. Biden makes a lot of promises that he never explains how he will pay for other than saying it will be a tax on the rich. We know from past experience that attempting to tax the wealthy seldom works because they simply hide their capital in tax shelters. So my biggest question to Biden would be why should we think a tax on the rich will work NOW when it hasn't worked before and how will he keep that tax increase from negatively affecting economic growth?

I suggest you look at what happened to tax revenues in New Jersey when liberals there passed a "millionaires" tax, Pk! Not only did it not raise more tax revenues it saw a sharp decrease in revenues.

Certain taxes can be avoided. Others can't unless the means of doing so are provided also.
We've seen a sharp increase in our debt not because of Trump's tax cuts...the increase in our debt is from unprecedented spending to offset the Covid 19 pandemic! Raising taxes while we're recovering from THAT is just plain stupid!

Trump Campaign Releases "17 Questions Joe Biden Must Answer In The Debate"

1. Your son Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from a Russian billionaire who was married to the former mayor of Moscow. He also had a joint bank account with a Chinese national that financed $100,000 in credit card purchases around the world. This all happened while you were Vice President. Why would people connected to the Russian and Chinese governments want to give your son millions of dollars?

2. You recently said you “got started” at Delaware State University, an HBCU. The school says they have no record of you ever attending. What did you major in there?

3. In June you said you were vetting your own potential Supreme Court picks and promised you would release your own list. Now you say you won’t release a list. Why go back on your pledge?

4. Your running mate Kamala Harris said last year that she was open to adding as many as 4 seats to the Supreme Court. Now more leading Democrats are saying your party should pack the Supreme Court if they get the chance. Are you refusing to answer whether you will go along with this radical plan because you are too weak to stand up to it?

5. In January 2017, you said that Democrats should not block President Trump’s nominees for the Supreme Court. You said you believe the Constitution “requires” the Senate “to give the nominee a hearing and a vote.” In 2016 you said “would go forward with the confirmation process” of a Supreme Court nominee “even a few months before a presidential election … just as the Constitution requires." Now you say the Constitution requires the exact opposite. How do you reconcile that change?

6. In 2008 you promised Americans that if they made less than $250,000 they would not pay a penny more in taxes. You broke that promise and imposed new taxes that directly impacted middle-class Americans. Now you’re claiming you won’t raise taxes on anyone making more than 400,000. Why should voters believe you now, especially since you’ve said you will reinstate the individual mandate tax?

7. As Vice President, you oversaw the weakest economic recovery since the Great Depression. What would you do differently if you were elected?

8. Your plan would raise the U.S. business tax rate higher than China’s rate. Won’t that make it more expensive for companies to do business in America and ultimately send jobs overseas?

9. President Trump imposed restrictions on travel from China on January 31 to combat the spread of the coronavirus. Why did it take you two months to say you supported that decision?

10. In 2008 you and Barack Obama promised to fully fund the federal COPS program, which provides resources to local law enforcement. But funding for this program was cut while you were vice president, despite your promise. Why did you fail to keep your word?

11. Earlier this year your campaign staff donated money to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, an organization that bailed out of a jail a rioter who shot at police officers and other violent criminals and sexual predators. Your running mate Kamala Harris also urged people to donate to that organization and is still raising money for it. Do you condone that?

12. You say if you’re elected you’ll push to give citizenship to the 11 million undocumented people in our country. Why do you believe they should receive Medicare and Social Security benefits?

13. When you were running for president in 2007, both you and Obama pledged to renegotiate NAFTA, a promise you did not keep when you were in office. You recently blamed Republicans for this, saying they wouldn’t go along with it, but Democrats controlled Congress in 2009 when the Obama Administration announced it would not even try to change NAFTA. So why did you fail to keep your word?

14. When you voted to give China “most favored nation” trade status in 2000, you said you did not foresee “the collapse of the American manufacturing economy” because of it. But by one estimate, it led to the loss of 1 million manufacturing jobs in the U.S. Do you acknowledge that your vote to give China most favored nation trade status was a mistake that hurt American workers?

15. The 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic infected 60 million Americans when you were VP, and the federal government depleted its strategic stockpile of N95 masks in response. A fact check by USA Today found that your administration made no effort to replenish the stockpile of masks, despite warnings from experts. Do you accept responsibility for that failure, which left America unprepared for another pandemic?

16. Your campaign says it is a “lie” that “the Biden-Harris ticket is the most radically pro-abortion” ticket “in U.S. history.” Are there any restrictions on abortion that you support, and if so, please be specific?

17. You said the N-word 13 times during a 1985 Senate nomination fight, when you were quoting something attributed to someone else. Do you think that was appropriate to do? Is that the only time you’ve said the N-word?

Last year Trump was arguing that we had the best economy ever. Where were the increases to address the growing debt?
Here's the thing about the "growing debt", Pk...our Federal Government is like a very large pail who's sides have huge rents in it out of which water (our tax dollars!) flows at high volume! Now I'm all for getting as much revenue in as we can to help bring down our debt but the truth is...until we fix the holes in our bucket...pouring more water in isn't going to increase the amount of water we have. My biggest disappointment with Donald Trump is that as a businessman he hasn't attacked waste in the Federal Government! It's so rampant that it's almost seen as inevitable!

But you'll continue to vote for that?

BJ -

We've seen a sharp increase in our debt not because of Trump's tax cuts...the increase in our debt is from unprecedented spending to offset the Covid 19 pandemic! Raising taxes while we're recovering from THAT is just plain stupid!

Last year we had a record debt while Trump argued we had the strongest economy ever. Where were the calls to address the debt?

Not really, if it’s targeting the wealthy.
Feel free to "target" the wealthy, Gipper but don't expect them to sit around waiting for you to take their wealth! You'll raise taxes on the wealthy...they'll see the tax increase coming...and they'll put their money into tax free shelters. It's what they ALWAYS do! Then they'll wait for the decline in the economy that will inevitably follow and watch those who voted for higher taxes get voted out of office. Tax cuts will follow and they'll once again put their wealth into play! Face reality...the wealthy are really good at one thing...preserving their wealth!

The wealthy already pay for everyone else
Typical dumb con response.

They need to pay more. They get all the breaks and sweetheart deals. Pay up sucker.

So misinformed.
Lol. Cons generally are, but you definitely are.

The wealthy already pay for everyone else
Typical dumb con response.

They need to pay more. They get all the breaks and sweetheart deals. Pay up sucker.

So misinformed.
Lol. Cons generally are, but you definitely are.

I laugh

BJ -

Not cause and affect

Feel free to "target" the wealthy, Gipper but don't expect them to sit around waiting for you to take their wealth! You'll raise taxes on the wealthy...they'll see the tax increase coming...and they'll put their money into tax free shelters. It's what they ALWAYS do! Then they'll wait for the decline in the economy that will inevitably follow and watch those who voted for higher taxes get voted out of office. Tax cuts will follow and they'll once again put their wealth into play! Face reality...the wealthy are really good at one thing...preserving their wealth!
Absurd. We have ever rising income inequality, ever increasing poverty, homelessness, high unemployment, failing schools, etc..., but you guys are blind to it. The richest nation the world has ever known, refuses to help the less fortunate.

We live in a failed state, in part thanks to you guys.

Absurd. We have ever rising income inequality, ever increasing poverty, homelessness, high unemployment, failing schools, etc..., but you guys are blind to it. The richest nation the world has ever known, refuses to help the less fortunate.

I point out the reality of what happens whenever we try to hit the wealthy with huge taxes and you call ME blind? Our State isn't failing because we're not collecting enough taxes...our State is failing because we're spending the revenue that we DO collect so foolishly that there's no way in hell of paying for all the things we're obligated to now!

How can you make the claim that the United States refuses to help the less fortunate? We not only spend trillions on our own less fortunate...we spend billions on the rest of the world's less fortunate!

Probably not the country for you

I point out the reality of what happens whenever we try to hit the wealthy with huge taxes and you call ME blind? Our State isn't failing because we're not collecting enough taxes...our State is failing because we're spending the revenue that we DO collect so foolishly that there's no way in hell of paying for all the things we're obligated to now!

How can you make the claim that the United States refuses to help the less fortunate? We not only spend trillions on our own less fortunate...we spend billions on the rest of the world's less fortunate!

We have layer upon layer of safety net upon layer of safety net.
Money is not the issue.

Yes big government spends it foolishly. Way too much given to the MIC. Then add in all the tax loopholes for the rich and big corporations, and you have a problem.

Forum List

Back