My first date with a woman who is not my ex-wife in over 30 years...

Oh and...WTF is it with you and the ex?
If she's the ex, why isn't she the ex? Sounds like you're still married to her, even though she isn't married to you.

O my. O well. I'm missing my favorite cat I've had for 11 years.

Not worried about women tonight.

My standards are impossibly high, and my attractiveness is impossibly low.

I'll be Ok.

I have seen that more than I can believe. My kids are in their 20's and 30's, and they have friends that are lonely because they aim too high in comparison with their own attributes.

Sad.

Mark

They were just trying to get you laid, to break the ice. Horse chicks are always hot to trot.

Lotsa luck there, Rook. Don't know how to put this without sounding mean but...you seem a bit "high maintenance", like you have bigger tits and a fancier dress than the wimminz.

:21::boobies::21:

You need to get out more, kid. You're losing your grip on reality.

I have now had dates with five women, and there's six to go.

I've realized now the matchmaking service is not really trying that hard.

I think they're matching me up with the first woman who becomes available.

...and all she could talk about was her horses, her trips abroad to go horseback riding, and cleaning out her barn of horse manure.

I have ten more women to meet on my matchmaking service before I'm done.

Good luck sir

Women put themselves on the market so to speak for various reasons.
They need romance, they want security a man can give.
They want to find a man with a good financial umbrella.
They want care free, no strings sex.
They just want a man for friendship... possibly more!

All you have to do is take your time, like the old saying”when one door closes, another one opens!”

Decide what kind of woman you want and then take your time finding her.

...and all she could talk about was her horses, her trips abroad to go horseback riding, and cleaning out her barn of horse manure.

I have ten more women to meet on my matchmaking service before I'm done.

Good luck sir

Women put themselves on the market so to speak for various reasons.
They need romance, they want security a man can give.
They want to find a man with a good financial umbrella.
They want care free, no strings sex.
They just want a man for friendship... possibly more!

All you have to do is take your time, like the old saying”when one door closes, another one opens!”

Decide what kind of woman you want and then take your time finding her.

See Post #99

Also, she's against all organized religion, and I'm Catholic. I specifically told them Catholic was highly important to me.

Also, she's never been married, and I told them I wanted a woman who's been married.

Also, she's not had any children, so that's another whole area where we have nothing in common (I have three children).

When I said I'm done, what I meant is I paid for 11 meetings with women, and now I've used up my first and the match was totally wrong because they did not follow my directions.
Blackrock, surely you would be able to find a Catholics-only match-making organization. That way, you will have a friend who will go to church services, bingo, Catholic singles group, and that will take the onus off getting stuck with a person who looks down on those who believe like you do. Best wishes. Not all Roman Catholics are strict ones, however, and you also don't want to get stuck with one who practices abortion, or who hates children, or who is unmarried because she is addicted to alcohol or other mind-and-mood altering substances, which leads straight to a pattern of blaming someone else for their headaches, starting with a priest, then a parent, and if you marry, yourself becomes the handiest person to blame for his or her iniquities, which is an excuse to drink or indulge in their drug of choice to the absence of any semblance of a relationship.

Not finding someone who goes along with all your likes is not uncommon. You may be a person who would prosper with one in a thousand, which means if that's you, you may meet her by your 700th "date," and you may not like her lack of hair if she is recuperating from cancer, if you know what I mean. And someone who has recuperated from Cancer may insist on a diet you find very repulsive, because a lot of former cancer patients become skeptical about the carcinogenic properties of sugar, certain meats, and other foods you didn't know cause diabetes, cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and too many autoimmune diseases to name.

May Ms. Perfect come to you Godspeed. But if you have to wait awhile, you are doing everything right by being thorough. And I could be wrong, but I just think sticking with a person of the same faith as yours might be your best choice, since your faith is important to you. In fact, you may already recognize her if you attend mass often. :)

Good luck!

New Topics

Forum List

Back