My Candidate for President...Scott Walker....let me introduce you....

In terms of job growth, Wisconsin has consistently trailed the national average. In fact, Wisconsin only saw 1.5 percent private-sector job growth in 2014. Unfortunately for Wisconsinites, while this is the best job creation number Walker has seen throughout his entire time in office, it lags far behind the national growth rate of 2.6 percent.

How big a failure have Walkernomics been? Just look next door at Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton’s Minnesota, which leads Wisconsin in almost every economic indicator.

In Minnesota, Dayton turned a $5 billion budget deficit into an over $1 billion budget surplus in just one term. By requiring the wealthiest earners to pay their fair share, Minnesota is now in a position to invest more resources into the state’s schools and infrastructure.

In Wisconsin, Walker was unable to take his state out of the red and faced a $2 billion budget deficit. Walker made the decision to cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires, while slashing education funding and refusing to make investments that would benefit middle class families and Wisconsin’s financial wellbeing.

A closer look at Wisconsin s economy under Gov. Scott Walker TheHill

He cut $300,000,000.00 from education to give the wealthy a tax cut.
He's dead last in job creation in the midwest.
Yep, he's a Republican.

And the people of his state re-elected him three times because they liked what he was doing.

Walker and the Republicans do have one good point. Government has to get smarter about how it spends money. Clinton got that for a while, but it seems Democrats have forgotten that again.
Hey Scott Walker Unpopular Governors Don t Get Elected President - US News

His record of accomplishment has left him widely and wildly unpopular in his state. What's the point of passing severely conservative laws if they make the populace hate you?

Incredibly, Walker's upside-down approval numbers will only make him the third most unpopular governor in the field. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal weighed in in May with a 32 percent approval rating, which is 10 percentage points behind President Barack Obama's rating in the state. And the once-formidable Chris Christie takes the prize as most unpopular governor in the race, with only 30 percent of his constituents approving of his performance according to a poll taken last month.
---------------------------------------

In the bizzarro world of the GOP: Bad am Good!

Walker has fallen 8 points in the primary polls since April. That vote has gone to Trump.

Yeah.....Trump has t.v. shows, and Walker has just been the governor of Wisconsin......really a way to measure that.

Votes is how you measure who wins or loses.

Then the fact that Walker won 3 elections in 3 years makes him the winner...right? Since Trump has yet to win one election?
Some people feel there should be some fairness. That he was elected and so should be allowed to serve out his term. Nothing to do with being "liked".

Walker has fallen 8 points in the primary polls since April. That vote has gone to Trump.

Yeah.....Trump has t.v. shows, and Walker has just been the governor of Wisconsin......really a way to measure that.

Then the fact that Walker won 3 elections in 3 years makes him the winner...right? Since Trump has yet to win one election?
Dude, the Right in California dumped a Governor that was elected five times for political offices.

Some people feel there should be some fairness. That he was elected and so should be allowed to serve out his term. Nothing to do with being "liked".

He's at 41% approval in Wisconsin.

Yes, fixing a blue state makes you unpopular with big government statists.......

Campaign Refuses to Say Whether Scott Walker Believes Children Need “Protection” from LGBT Americans

HRC released the following statement after Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's campaign refused to answer a question from a Washington Post columnist about whether Walker "thought children needed to be protected from gay men." According to the story, Walker's spokesperson "did not respond."

HRC’s Director of Policy and Political Affairs JoDee Winterhof released the following statement:

“Scott Walker claims to be a new face on the national stage, but he’s introducing himself to a national audience with an outdated and offensive idea. He and his campaign should answer this simple, straightforward question: Does he think we pose a threat to the health and safety of children? Yes or no? His campaign's attempt to duck this simple question is unworthy of a candidate who is seeking an office that is responsible for representing all Americans – including LGBT people.” http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/campai...n-need-protect

Yes, social issues like this are a deal breaker for me. Sue me

When the PSU's are some of the biggest contributors to said elections, the system is being abused.

So what? I'm better with unions contributing to elections than the Koch Brothers.

The problem is that cities are paying for more and more people doing nothing, and sooner or later they will reach a tax limit. At that point they will have to cut services, because the bastards in the PSU's in some states protected their pensions by amendment.

Guy, there's plenty of money, the problem is, it's all concentrated in the hands of the 1%. The top 20% control 87% of the wealth. Please don't try to tell me 'We'll run out of money if we actually pay cops and teachers appropriate salaries'. I don't buy that shit.

And considering some of the pensions that are awarded, they ARE making obscene amounts of money.

Retired CUNY professor gets 560K a year pension New York Post

Okay, how many people are actually getting six figure pensions. Your article lists all of fifteen, most of whom get big pensions because they retired very late in their careers

From your article...

With his World War II military service added in, McManus was credited with 61 years of service for pension purposes.

His pension is based on 1.2 percent of his final salary for each year before 1970, 1.53 percent for each year after 1970, and accounts amassed with investments of his own and city contributions.

His payments are also bigger because he retired so late in life.

Wow. So this guys serves in WWII, serves the community for SIXTY ONE YEARS, and you are upset he's getting a large pension?

But you have no problem with a CEO Cocksucker like the guy who ran Cigna getting a nine-figure retirement package after he denied treatment to a 17 year old girl who died.

If you want to put public compensation on the chopping block, let's put corporate compensation on the chopping block, too!

He might make a formidable candidate, as he has roots with all the major GOP factions.

Or he might be a complete fucking disaster who isn't ready for the national stage.

He has said some pretty stupid things, like comparing Unions to ISIS.

But hate to break it to you, the Establishment already has their guy, and his name is Jeb Bush.

Another Joe Lies, he didn't compare Unions to ISIS, only a partisan idiot would say that.

Which is better than your approval rating. Thanks for nothing.

Another Joe Lies, he didn't compare Unions to ISIS, only a partisan idiot would say that.

He said dealing with unions (peaceful demonstrators) prepared him for dealing with ISIS (illegal terrorists).

It was a stupid thing to say.

And I don't have huge problems with Walker. I'd still consider voting for him. (He and Rubio are the only republicans I would consider).

But, boy, he says some really stupid things sometimes.

When the PSU's are some of the biggest contributors to said elections, the system is being abused.

So what? I'm better with unions contributing to elections than the Koch Brothers.

The problem is that cities are paying for more and more people doing nothing, and sooner or later they will reach a tax limit. At that point they will have to cut services, because the bastards in the PSU's in some states protected their pensions by amendment.

Guy, there's plenty of money, the problem is, it's all concentrated in the hands of the 1%. The top 20% control 87% of the wealth. Please don't try to tell me 'We'll run out of money if we actually pay cops and teachers appropriate salaries'. I don't buy that shit.

And considering some of the pensions that are awarded, they ARE making obscene amounts of money.

Okay, how many people are actually getting six figure pensions. Your article lists all of fifteen, most of whom get big pensions because they retired very late in their careers

From your article...

With his World War II military service added in, McManus was credited with 61 years of service for pension purposes.

His pension is based on 1.2 percent of his final salary for each year before 1970, 1.53 percent for each year after 1970, and accounts amassed with investments of his own and city contributions.

Wow. So this guys serves in WWII, serves the community for SIXTY ONE YEARS, and you are upset he's getting a large pension?

But you have no problem with a CEO Cocksucker like the guy who ran Cigna getting a nine-figure retirement package after he denied treatment to a 17 year old girl who died.

If you want to put public compensation on the chopping block, let's put corporate compensation on the chopping block, too!

That "Corporate CEO cocksucker" is not the one causing my taxes to be raised, or my services to be cut to support someone being retired for 40 years. Also, that CEO cant FORCE me to pay things. Government on the other hand sure as hell can.

We have created a new class of Kulaks, and it has come from the collusion of the politicians and the bureaucrats. That you can't see the problem with this shows your basic stupidity.

From your article...

That "Corporate CEO cocksucker" is not the one causing my taxes to be raised, or my services to be cut to support someone being retired for 40 years. Also, that CEO cant FORCE me to pay things. Government on the other hand sure as hell can.

We have created a new class of Kulaks, and it has come from the collusion of the politicians and the bureaucrats. That you can't see the problem with this shows your basic stupidity.

I think the problem is that wages are stagnant for most people, and benefits going down fast. Public jobs haven't gotten better, everyone else has just fallen pitifully behind. My grandparents had full pensions and insurance into retirement from private jobs. My parents had pensions. Now those things don't exist in the private sector. But ceos and other execs are making way more than ever. Pretty sad state we are in. This is what the war on unions gets you.

From your article...

I think the problem is that wages are stagnant for most people, and benefits going down fast. Public jobs haven't gotten better, everyone else has just fallen pitifully behind. My grandparents had full pensions and insurance into retirement from private jobs. My parents had pensions. Now those things don't exist in the private sector. But ceos and other execs are making way more than ever. Pretty sad state we are in. This is what the war on unions gets you.

Most people when pensions were conceived didn't live as long as they do now. The issue with defined benefit is the uncertainty of the amount to be paid out.

Defined contribution is the new normal. That being said companies are way too stingy on their matches, and need to boost them to get people to not want pensions anymore.

From your article...

Most people when pensions were conceived didn't live as long as they do now. The issue with defined benefit is the uncertainty of the amount to be paid out.

Defined contribution is the new normal. That being said companies are way too stingy on their matches, and need to boost them to get people to not want pensions anymore.

I agree they need to be boosted. I expect some sort of disaster when large numbers of pensionless people retire. Sadly this has made social security more important than ever. Corporations are moving retirement costs to the taxpayer. I prefer smaller government and corps taking care of their workers.

From your article...

I agree they need to be boosted. I expect some sort of disaster when large numbers of pensionless people retire. Sadly this has made social security more important than ever. Corporations are moving retirement costs to the taxpayer. I prefer smaller government and corps taking care of their workers.

If you just do a little bit of planning a 401k is fine for retirement. I've been in one since I was 23, and at 40 years old I have $230k in it.

From your article...

If you just do a little bit of planning a 401k is fine for retirement. I've been in one since I was 23, and at 40 years old I have $230k in it.

I'm not very confident it will workout well for many people. They certainly can work. I'm just not confident it will. I think we'll be stuck with lots of poor retirees and it will cost the taxpayer.

Which is better than your approval rating. Thanks for nothing.

Funny that you didn't think approval ratings meant nothing when you were using them to attack Obama.

Obama Approval Rating ACTUALLY at 47 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You phoney fucks never fail to entertain.

Forum List

Back