Movies that really Moved You (i.e. Powerful or Emotional)?

There have been many, but Renoir's Le Grande Illusion, is probably the movie that had the most impact on me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hctrYzVYmfM]La Grande Illusion (1937) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

i am coming up blank.

movies i like...sure. Movies i love... sure.

movies that move me emotionally... powerful in some way. I got zip coming to mind.

i am coming up blank.

movies that move me emotionally... powerful in some way. I got zip coming to mind.

I went with a movie that changed the way I thought about things...

I first saw Inherit the Wind as a freshman in high school and it quite simply changed the way I considered the world...

i am coming up blank.

There is a older movie called Days of Heaven with Richard Gere. It is considered the most beautifully photographed film ever made. It just flows by like a dream. It is an amazing movie.

days3.jpg

Days+of+Heaven+3.png

I'm still trying to think of a movie that has had a 'powerful impact', but one I saw recently I liked a lot and found it quite charming and well acted.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Also,

The Darjeeling Limited

If you like films that take place in India.

Both are 'charming' films that take place in India with Westerners as the central characters.

Both with a message, but not terribly didactic or preachy.

There is also:

Enchanted April, which takes place in Italy, a beautiful, wistful, Italian setting.

None of these are new films. They can be rented or gotten from Netflix.

I lOVED the Marigold - I haven't seen others, but I enjoy Indian films. :)

I recently saw a film named Lifted and to me it was a real piece of work! I hope that it got released because I would love to have my own copy of it.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I saw it on the Up network station like a week or so ago. :) :) :)

I loved "August; Osage County". A lot of critics said it was over-acted and uncontrolled. I thought the script really called for all the scenery chewing. The ensemble cast was luminous, Meryl Streep was on another level, again. A powerful moving story. And I just watched "The Book Thief" Wow! was I pleasantly surprised. Another ensemble of Actors who gave performances that blew me away. And an irresistible story of tragedy and triumph set in Nazi Germany with the Holocaust as its sinister backdrop. In the old classic movie category I saw "To Kill a Mockingbird" when I was very young and it still haunts me to this day.

Forum List

Back