Is this racist?

Bigotry is bigotry.

If anybody has doubts as to whether the commercial was racist, imagine if they had been using afro wigs & blacked up their faces with shoe polish instead.

Amazing how a little perspective changes things.

f.gif

I am not sure. But like you said...what if American Airlines had a jerry lewis big toothed flat black hair squinty eyed person doing that?
I am also torn that they would do such a thing..especially after all the help we sent them during their situation with the tsunami and their crap washing up on our shores.

On the other hand....I dunno. Not quite sure what to make of it. Except it is tasteless, but not necessarily racist.

I am not sure. But like you said...what if American Airlines had a jerry lewis big toothed flat black hair squinty eyed person doing that?
I am also torn that they would do such a thing..especially after all the help we sent them during their situation with the tsunami and their crap washing up on our shores.

On the other hand....I dunno. Not quite sure what to make of it. Except it is tasteless, but not necessarily racist.

Of course it's racist. Why did they use the "white face"? To play on the differences in our cultures for comedic effect - ridiculing white people for their stereotypical appearances and viewpoints.

If that's not racism, such a term does not exist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyy1HC9MTHc]Japanese Airline Apologizes for Whiteface Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

So..Jerry Lewis is racist for playing an asian in his skits years ago? Al Jolson was racist when he wore black face?

What about that movie where two black guys dress as white women?
Movie is called White Chicks.

What about White Men Can't Jump. Is that movie racist?

Last edited:
So..Jerry Lewis is racist for playing an asian in his skits years ago? Al Jolson was racist when he wore black face?

According to the modern interpretation of the word, abso-fucking-lutely. Anybody doing so today would be drawn & quartered for being insensitive bigots.

...or when Obama forgets he is half white 23h and 59m out of every day.

What about that movie where two black guys dress as white women?
Movie is called White Chicks.

What about White Men Can't Jump. Is that movie racist?

Hard to say because white people don't have an NAACP to cry fowl at every perceived slight.

Did you see that cartoon posted in the cartoon thread? I forget who posted it, but it was a propaganda cartoon, complete with a hitler duck.

Did you see that cartoon posted in the cartoon thread? I forget who posted it, but it was a propaganda cartoon, complete with a hitler duck.

No, I'd never be able to leave the computer if I wanted to try reading every single thread posted on this site, lol.

Bigotry is bigotry.

If anybody has doubts as to whether the commercial was racist, imagine if they had been using afro wigs & blacked up their faces with shoe polish instead.

Amazing how a little perspective changes things.

The Japanese are known for this stuff.

Frankly, I find it kinda funny.

Now, speaking of racist stuff permit me a momentary detour.

This cartoon is really interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5LXoGnGAaU&list=PLCB8D618D90C35973]Banned Cartoons 1932 Little Black Sambo RACIST - YouTube[/ame]

You can tell the writer and everyone who was in the creative team weren't hateful or mean spirited about Blacks at all.

They weren't pandering either.

They even made the dog the stupid and conniving character with baser morals.

So, it is racist, but yet, it isn't racist at all...sorta.

Forum List

Back