most small business owners are conservative's .

most small business owners are conservative's .

Are conservative's what??

Plus, a more interesting query might be: What charity? Small businesses have some tools in making charitable donations (deductions) that are not entirely altruistic. Namely, stale inventory or food-stuffs given to local charities, which are more than happy to work with the business community by giving them back a receipt for the donation, at retail value.

It's a very common practice.

Also, most "entrepreneurs" are unable to find employment (because of personality or circumstance)--that's why they're "entrepreneurs!"
This is actually supported by survey instruments.
it takes hard work ,sacrifice,risk,and commitment to run a small business.i guess to the left that is a personality problem.:eusa_eh:

I didn't say otherwise. The facts, though, are that most "entrepreneurs" lack the fundamental social skills and personality traits that are necessary to work in full-time employment for companies that provide good wages and benefits.

So don't romanticize entrepreneurship. They work no harder than anyone else; they simply don't have the same skillsets and are unable to find employment.
what ?? you are mistaken !! to run a small business takes communication ,people,and management skills !

and they work harder ,and donate more to charity than liberals .they do !!

not that you have the slightest bit of evidence in that regard....

not as to what a 'small business' is...

not as to who starts them

not as to their 'hard work'

not as to their donations to charity

why don't you run off and play elsewhere?

Also, most "entrepreneurs" are unable to find employment (because of personality or circumstance)--that's why they're "entrepreneurs!"

i don't know where you're getting that. i have been employed. i have run my own practice. both have different rewards. i found it easier to take a job when my son got old enough to be annoyed when i wasn't home til late on weekdays and had to work saturdays.

i really have trouble reading the unsubstantiated things tossed around this board as fact... it's really annoying.

it takes hard work ,sacrifice,risk,and commitment to run a small business.i guess to the left that is a personality problem.:eusa_eh:

I didn't say otherwise. The facts, though, are that most "entrepreneurs" lack the fundamental social skills and personality traits that are necessary to work in full-time employment for companies that provide good wages and benefits.

So don't romanticize entrepreneurship. They work no harder than anyone else; they simply don't have the same skillsets and are unable to find employment.
what ?? you are mistaken !! to run a small business takes communication ,people,and management skills !

how would you know?

And as a point of fact, most small business owners are individuals, from an income standpoint. (Sub S and LL corps)

Plus the comparions by political ideology and charity giving, which I recall having seen in the past, do not differentiate small business owners vs. all others (wage earners, medium and large business owners, etc.). And one of the popular things to do among Christian Conservatives, which can skew actual charitable giving data, is tithing to their church (so-claimed), which many claim doing in cash when the basket is passed, which if recorded in wiriting, serves as acceptable "proof" should anyone be audited. And such a document is none too tough to manufacture, in the event of an audit, which is unlikely in any given year, since you just list the dates of every Sunday that year, and jot down some varying amounts. Simple to do, and thus easy to lop 10% off of AGI, without actually tossing many bucks in the basket.

. . . but apparently not writing skills.

i don't know where you're getting that. i have been employed. i have run my own practice. both have different rewards. i found it easier to take a job when my son got old enough to be annoyed when i wasn't home til late on weekdays and had to work saturdays.

i really have trouble reading the unsubstantiated things tossed around this board as fact... it's really annoying.

Individual experiences, of course, may vary from the norm. I believe the original post engaged in generalities.

Man how come I meet the shittiest conservatives? One a know, a small business owner through her parents, NEVER has filed a personal income tax form. Works for cash from the register. A grown woman who bitches about the governmnet and all it is taking away from her. And pays no taxes.

Another conservative I know makes no real money to pay taxes on. Gets by barely. And hates the government for all it is taking from him. While he contributes nothing.

I could go on but you all wouldn't believe me anyway. Just my bad luck I guess.

Most small business owners go broke several times before succeeding.

But many do succeed after losing a lot of money and spending years trying till they finally get their business going.

We shouldn't punish them now with Obamacare and high taxes or they'll be back to square one.

Individual experiences, of course, may vary from the norm. I believe the original post engaged in generalities.

absolutely true in regard to individual experiences. but when a poster runs from thread to thread, spewing unsubstantiated opinion as fact... provides no defined terms... no links... no data...

then the poster is doing nothing but wasting everyone else's time.... which i kind of think is the intent.

that and start a nice little rightwingnut high five.

leave it to a leftist to characterize personal success as a flaw !! big surprise ...:doubt:

But many do succeed after losing a lot of money and spending years trying till they finally get their business going.

We shouldn't punish them now with Obamacare and high taxes or they'll be back to square one.

businesses with fewer than 50 people are not subject to obamacare, idiota.

and you all loved obamacare when it was romneycare and before that when it was devised by the heritage foundation.

i have been in business for yrs !! and the last 4yrs have been the worst i or anyone else in business can remember.

businesses with fewer than 50 people are not subject to obamacare, idiota.

and you all loved obamacare when it was romneycare and before that when it was devised by the heritage foundation.
and if they have 55 employees somebody is getting laid off !! and the people that get laid off should be libbs if there is any justice .

leave it to a leftist to characterize personal success as a flaw !! big surprise ...:doubt:

"Flaw?" I'm not judging. I'm only stating facts--most entrepreneurs are less able than the general population to work successfully as employees.

Also, favorable tax laws allow small business owners to pay much less tax on their incomes than employees do--they have many, many deductions. I have seen many tax games played by "small businesses," including deduction of a portion (if not all) of their residential utility bills, broad band costs, computer purchases, living space, anything that might be an office supply, dining out, fuel for personal autos . . . it goes on and on. I would say that a "small business" owner often offsets about 50% of their actual net profit with tax deductions that are above and beyond what everyone else gets.

Around here, I know farmers that cash rent their land and still deduct farming expenses--although they do not farm at all. They even deduct the cost of their cars.

i have been in business for yrs !! and the last 4yrs have been the worst i or anyone else in business can remember.

Indeed. The Great Recession put the skids on consumer spending like nothing else in any of our lifetimes. So small businesses (my customers) are hurting big time. Larger concerns, with global markets (my product is thus and has helped fill the gap), are doing better. Banks/Investment Brokers are cutting a fat hog. But the local business who needs John and Jane Doe to buy their stuff, are hurting far more today than when taxes were higher 12 years ago.

So if "last 4yrs" = Obama, you're not being very genuine. Not even the most Obama-loathing or Bush-apologetic blame Obama for the Great Recession.

Forum List

Back