Big Brother's war on small farms

why the hell do you think.

cornering the market on food gives a capitalist like blackstone (or the chinese, who are buying a lot of farm land.) immense leverage. kinda like putin wants the steppes.

the collectivization of agriculture, the efficiencies of scale, are certain to out compete the family farmer .

when chiquita does this in central america the subsistance farmers resist. we call them commies and send in death squads.

"peons are the best fertilizer for bananas." samoza
Our government perhaps can break these conglomerates up.

Our government perhaps can break these conglomerates up.
we would never be allowed to break up the agribusiness.

1. population must be fed. efficiencies of scale become more important as we approach 10 billion humans.

2. ideological purists on the right would never allow it.

3. agribusiness lobby is strong enough to cause any chaos you may see surrounding immigration.

there are plenty of places you can go to escape the tyranny of the zoning laws . i prefer to live in a residential neighborhood.
That is not what this OP is about, it is about the loss of small farms, you can live in your residential neighborhood, and go to you corporate supermarket and buy all your food from industry, some of us like to support the simple farmers of America.

Your residential neighborhood is about to become medium density housing. At least according to the laws democrats are passing, so enjoy while you can, rezoning is coming your way and there is nowhere you will be able to go to excape that fact.

I am to worry about a man, or corporation buying up land?

I wonder how many people posting in this thread dont care if Solar Panels and Wind Turbines destroy square miles of farmland?

I am to worry about a man, a corporation owning all the land? That will never ever happen, because the U.S. government, the State governments, Local governments own more land than everyone. I might be able to say that the U.S. government owns more land than everyone else put together.

Yes, it is not fair that one person can own so much land, when we all need a place to call home and most of us do not have that place. But it is the government's rules and regulations, zoning laws, and land ownership that have taken all the land from the people.

why the hell do you think.

cornering the market on food gives a capitalist like blackstone (or the chinese, who are buying a lot of farm land.) immense leverage. kinda like putin wants the steppes.

the collectivization of agriculture, the efficiencies of scale, are certain to out compete the family farmer .

when chiquita does this in central america the subsistance farmers resist. we call them commies and send in death squads.

"peons are the best fertilizer for bananas." samoza

Not capitalists, FASCISTS, Learn the difference.

No, we called communists in central america communists, because that is who they said they were. You carry an AK-47 given to you by Stalin, so that you can shoot your way into power, that pretty much makes you a communist

That is not what this OP is about, it is about the loss of small farms, you can live in your residential neighborhood, and go to you corporate supermarket and buy all your food from industry, some of us like to support the simple farmers of America.

Your residential neighborhood is about to become medium density housing. At least according to the laws democrats are passing, so enjoy while you can, rezoning is coming your way and there is nowhere you will be able to go to excape that fact.

if my neighborhood is going condo it is not a "democrat plot." it is simply supply and demand driven by "developers"

urban land is scarce and valuable. if our local "developer" wants my lot he will simply rent a house on the block to meth heads or crack dealers and hope i sell cheap or stay and get killed. either way he gets his condo.

if my neighborhood is going condo it is not a "democrat plot." it is simply supply and demand driven by "developers"
Yet, the democrats are passing legislation right now to increase the density of the suburbs. That is not supply or demand, it is dictating, changing neighborhoods for politics.

It is not an if, it is happening.

Forum List

Back