Morons have THREE DAYS to either be prepared for or escape from Florence

Pack-up your irreplaceable belongs and catch a direct flight to Vegas. This weekend we have NASCAR, Mr. Olympia (horny women), and real boxing. Along with legal marijuana, 24hr booze, and legal prostitution! Also, pool parties with naked women!

PARTY-ON!

68C84850-8C15-488B-907C-85FE37A26346.jpeg

Reports of Death in Puerto Rico are Wildly Exaggerated

How can we reconcile 654 excess registry deaths with MPR Study estimates of 4,645 through year-end?

Bodies+in+PR.png

For Official Deaths, Puerto Rico Institute of Statistics via Latino USA; for MPR excess deaths, Mortality in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, with Princeton Policy monthly interpolations to MPR year-end total.

This loss was largely of Puerto Rico’s own doing. The island’s power system is state-owned, and state-owned utilities face political pressures to keep electricity prices low, so low in fact, that they fail to cover needed capital maintenance. Puerto Rico held its base rate — the part of the electric bill meant to cover operating costs and capital maintenance — unchanged from 1989 to January 2017—nearly thirty years! Over time, neglected infrastructure becomes vulnerable to unplanned outages. When incidents occur – as during Hurricane Maria – power generation revenues are inadequate to pay for capital repairs. That’s why the utility signed a suspect and ultimately stillborn contract with the tiny firm of Whitefish to repair the island’s infrastructure. That is all the money and credit the utility could muster.

To blame the Trump administration for 4,645 excess deaths is flat out wrong. Unless the MPR Study authors can actually locate the bodies, 4,000 of those deaths never occurred. Those that did were largely attributable to the protracted loss of power on the island, unavoidable in part, but made all the worse by the politicized state ownership of Puerto Rico’s power company.

Puerto Rico Hurricane Maria (DR-4339) | FEMA.gov

Individual Assistance Applications
Approved: 462,134

Total Individual & Households Program
Dollars Approved: $1,216,067,265.15

Total Public Assistance Grants
Dollars Obligated: $3,663,487,204.19

FEMA Awards $55 Million for PREPA to Reimburse Florida Power and Light Company | FEMA.gov

Updates and Articles, Blogs, and News Releases | FEMA.gov

Shows efforts over time..........I would note that 462,134 individual assistance approved on an Island of 3.3 million people is a high percentage......

Rebuilding the entire electrical grid of the 3.3 million people that was virtually destroyed is not a simple task..........They had spent no money on the grid for decades...........it was in disrepair before the storm hit.................and was destroyed...

wow! is that true? I can't believe that's true.

In case of an emergency I would buy that food in a heartbeat...

that must be a joke....oh well

That's the same wag who posted about Florence picking up sharks. :doubt:
Dufus can’t read either. Poor schmuck.

Breaking:
9c6c1c60-f187-4c8e-b89b-99d8813a4e78-jpeg.216190

Somebody hack your account then?
Somebody hack your brain?

Breaking:

Dafuck is the point of a link to take me to the top of the page? I can scroll to that.

You ain't the brightest bulb in the light tower are ya.

State of emergency issued for Georgia ahead of Hurricane Florence

this one is for Georgia now

Governor Nathan Deal has issued a state of emergency for the state of Georgia ahead Florence making landfall. Deal released the following statement Wednesday afternoon: “The state is mobilizing all available resources to ensure public safety ahead of Hurricane Florence,” said Deal. “In light of the storm’s forecasted southward track after making landfall, I encourage Georgians to be prepared for the

upload_2018-9-12_19-24-57.png

After reading the posts in this thread I have decided to contact NOAA and see if there's a possibility of naming the next hurricane lettered P as Hurricane POGO. The scheduled name for an Atlantic storm starting with the letter P is PATTY but the way Pogo has been tearing around here like a chicken with it's head cut off the past couple days, it might calm him down.

HURRICANE NAMES FOR 2018
ATLANTIC TROPICAL (AND SUBTROPICAL) STORM NAMES FOR 2018

Alberto Helene Oscar
Beryl Isaac Patty
Chris Joyce Rafael
Debby Kirk Sara
Ernesto Leslie Tony
Florence Michael Valerie
Gordon Nadine William

After reading the posts in this thread I have decided to contact NOAA and see if there's a possibility of naming the next hurricane lettered P as Hurricane POGO. The scheduled name for an Atlantic storm starting with the letter P is PATTY but the way Pogo has been tearing around here like a chicken with it's head cut off the past couple days, it might calm him down.

HURRICANE NAMES FOR 2018
ATLANTIC TROPICAL (AND SUBTROPICAL) STORM NAMES FOR 2018

Alberto Helene Oscar
Beryl Isaac Patty
Chris Joyce Rafael
Debby Kirk Sara
Ernesto Leslie Tony
Florence Michael Valerie
Gordon Nadine William

Good idea. For the hurricane that blows away BULLSHIT. :deal:

Breaking:

Dafuck is the point of a link to take me to the top of the page? I can scroll to that.

Dufus is too dumb to click a hyperlink.

Breaking:

Dufus is too dumb to click a hyperlink.

Your link went to the top of this same page, IDIOT.
Maybe you just can't figure out how to link. Ever think of that, Dumbass?

Your link went to the top of this same page, IDIOT.
Hey Pogo...remember when you claimed that people only had a few hours notice to evacuate for Hurricane Katrina? Yeah...I do too. :lmao:

We’ve known since Sunday that this hurricane was coming. Just like Katina. Satellites, radar, etc. gives us a 4 to 5 day notice minimum on hurricanes.

Forum List

Back