Zone1 Mormons believe in a kind of Hell, but it isn't what most Christians believe...

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

I don't know much of anything about that site, but I have heard before that Mormons... wel, what I actually heard was that they don't believe in Hell at all... so, as per usual, God knows and ... others not...

Anyhow, assuming this info is accurate... What the Mormons believe is out of sync with most Christian denominations and the Catholic Church.

Jesus said VERY clearly in Mt 25:31 (-46) that those who do not repent & do good for the less fortunate (my words), they will inherit not just punishment (as Mormons say) but ETERNAL punishment.

I think when Jesus says ETERNAL, that is what He meant...

:dunno:

Opinions vary widely within the many variations of Christianity itself.

Never mind any need to consider non-Christian beliefs!

But undoubtedly the trend within Christianity has become an effort to let the hell illusions go completely.

Much more important is the fact that the Catholic church has accepted Darwinian evolution.

Ask me why that can't be consistent with the hell stories.

Opinions vary widely within the many variations of Christianity itself.

Never mind any need to consider non-Christian beliefs!

But undoubtedly the trend within Christianity has become an effort to let the hell illusions go completely.

Much more important is the fact that the Catholic church has accepted Darwinian evolution.

Ask me why that can't be consistent with the hell stories.

i couldn't care less about human trends. I care about the Truth (God's truth). I don't know all about God but nobody does. That said, I know what I know... and notice I didn't say "believe"but KNOW

I'm not interested in belief. I am interested if facts and truth...

I don't know much of anything about that site, but I have heard before that Mormons... wel, what I actually heard was that they don't believe in Hell at all... so, as per usual, God knows and ... others not...

Anyhow, assuming this info is accurate... What the Mormons believe is out of sync with most Christian denominations and the Catholic Church.

Jesus said VERY clearly in Mt 25:31 (-46) that those who do not repent & do good for the less fortunate (my words), they will inherit not just punishment (as Mormons say) but ETERNAL punishment.

I think when Jesus says ETERNAL, that is what He meant...

:dunno:
See if I can help you out a bit. Hell and Perdition are two words sometimes used interchangeably. Mainstream Christians use Hell as a final place of punishment after the Judgment Day. Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints mostly use Perdition is that final place where those who deny the Holy Ghost are forever with Satan and all the fallen angels who never received a physical earthly body.
Another word sometimes used interchangeable with Hell is Spirit Prison. 1 Peter 3:18-21. However, an Apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Bruce R. McConkie, once wrote that Spirit Prison has two places of condition after death, Paradise and Hell. This is where the Just and Unjust reside after death in spirit form awaiting the Judgment and Resurrection Day. In the morning of the First Resurrection, we have the Just raised to Celestial Glory in Heaven, First Corinthians chapter 15. The unjust will be at the end or the 2nd resurrection who will be in Perdition after denying the Holy Ghost in front of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The rest of the children of God will reside in the Terrestrial and Telestial (the sun) glories in Heaven. First Corinthians chapter 15.

i couldn't care less about human trends. I care about the Truth (God's truth). I don't know all about God but nobody does. That said, I know what I know... and notice I didn't say "believe"but KNOW

I'm not interested in belief. I am interested if facts and truth...
Unless you have had your calling and election made sure by empirical evidence (A true vision), then all we have is faith, hope, Charity and belief.

Forum List

Back