More Strong Evidence for Evolution: Anatomical Vestiges

Another Evidence of Evolution.
Just part of an Overwhelming body of such.
One rarely mentioned but very telling.
Life can be traced to a continuum, with many creatures, including us, having anatomical vestiges of our evolutionary ancestors.
An 'immaculate creation' event wouldn't leave useless organs/etc.

Heavily Edited incl Numerous illustrations within as well as references deleted for brevity.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 2
Douglas Theobald, Ph.D.
Prediction 2.1: Anatomical vestiges

Some of the most renowned Evidence for evolution are the various nonfunctional or rudimentary vestigial characters, Both Anatomical and Molecular, that are found throughout biology. A vestige is defined, independently of evolutionary theory, as a reduced and rudimentary structure compared to the same complex structure in other organisms. Vestigial characters, if functional, perform relatively simple, minor, or inessential functions using structures that were clearly designed for other complex purposes. Though many vestigial organs have no function, complete non-functionality is not a requirement for vestigiality...​
[.......]​
Geoffroy was at a loss for why exactly nature "always leaves vestiges of an organ", yet he could not deny his empirical observations. Ten years later, Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829) identified several vestigial structures in his Zoological Philosophy​
[.......]...these "Hypocritical" structures profess something that they do Not do—they clearly appear designed for a certain function which they do Not perform. However, Common Descent provides a scientific explanation for these peculiar structures. Existing species have different structures and perform different functions. If all living organisms descended from a common ancestor, then both functions and structures necessarily have been gained and lost in each lineage during macroevolutionary history. Therefore, from Common Descent and the constraint of gradualism, we predict that many organisms should retain vestigial structures as structural remnants of lost functions. Note that the exact evolutionary mechanism which created a vestigial structure is irrelevant as long as the mechanism is a gradual one.​
Confirmation:
There are Many examples of rudimentary and Nonfunctional vestigial characters carried by organisms, and these can very often be explained in terms of evolutionary histories. For example, from independent phylogenetic evidence, snakes are known to be the descendants of four-legged reptiles. Most Pythons (which are legless snakes) carry Vestigial Pelvises hidden beneath their skin.. The Vestigial pelvis in Pythons is Not attached to vertebrae (as is the normal case in most vertebrates), and it simply floats in the abdominal cavity. Some lizards carry rudimentary, Vestigial Legs underneath their skin, undetectable from the outside...​
Many cave dwelling animals, such as the fish Astyanax mexicanus (the Mexican tetra) and the salamander species Typhlotriton spelaeus and Proteus anguinus, are blind yet have rudimentary, Vestigial eyes....​
[.......]​
The ancestors of Humans are known to have been herbivorous, and molar teeth are required for chewing and grinding plant material. Over 90% of all adult humans develop third molars (otherwise known as Wisdom Teeth).​
Usually these teeth never erupt from the gums, and in one Third of all individuals they are Malformed and Impacted [*]. These Useless teeth can cause significant pain, increased risk for injury, and may result in illness and even death [*]​
Another Vestige of our herbivorous ancestry is the vermiform appendix. While this intestinal structure may retain a function of some sort, perhaps in the development of the immune system, it is a rudimentary version of the much larger caecum that is essential for digestion of plants in other mammals..."​
Yet another human Vestigial structure is the coccyx, the four fused caudal vertebrae found at the base of the spine, exactly where most mammals and many other primates have external Tails protruding from the back. Humans and other apes are some of the only vertebrates that lack an external tail as an adult. The coccyx is a developmental Remnant of the embryonic tail that forms in humans and then is degraded and eaten by our immune system ... Our internal tail is UNnecessary for sitting, walking, and elimination (all of which are functions attributed to the coccyx by many anti-evolutionists). The caudal vertebrae of the coccyx can cause extreme and unnecessary chronic pain in some unfortunate people, a condition called coccydynia. The entire coccyx can be surgically removed without any ill effects (besides surgical complications)...""​
[.......]​
How many Millions of H sapiens and immediate predecessors, suffered and died from Wisdom Teeth impaction/infection?.​
Were it not for Modern dentistry in the last 100 years (yes, even after Jesus), humans who had these impacted/infected Wisdom teeth (most) would have slowly died out and the specie would have been gradually purged/adapted/Evolved eventually as in all traits of all animals.​
Everything that ever lived was, and is, 'intermediate' and constantly Evolving.​
`​
Can you explain what all this means to us laymen? There is so much evidence for evolution. It’s overwhelming.

The reason evolution bothers theists is because it means we aren’t special. We are just another animal. And we understand why we became more intelligent over a long period of time.

here is a thought for you, what is the driving force of evolution? Survival of the fittest? As i understand that means those animals the compete the best for food sources survive those who don't die. Well that would mean that the number of animals would determine the amount of competition. Thus procreation would go against survival of the fittest. In other words an animal breeds other animals in direct competition with them. Who programmed animals to put procreation before survival?

When you say "programmed" i am taking it as you know about the watch maker. if not here it is... Earth is very complicated, how is it possible to contain such complexities in which it works so well together. Ah! this is a no brainier, there must be a divine power that "programmed" this to be,hence the watch maker was born for he knows all. Every little details in the watch is perfectly placed for gears to rotate in such a small confined space that the only answer for all the complexities was created by the divine watch maker.

I hope that answers your question who programmed animals to put procreation before survival.

Evolutionary theory does not explain the creation of life, it can not. But most to ascribe to the theory apparently believes it can and does. the complexity of life and man himself seems to rule out chance.
No evolution doesn’t explain the creation of life but it gets us closer to an understanding. Like, we know we came from the water. All land animals did. Whales used to be land animals.

And we had creatures roaming the planet for millions of years before humans. Trilobites and tardigrades.

Religion will eventually change their story so it jives with evolution. It must say somewhere in the Bible god planted the seed of life. Well that’s your out. That’s all god did. Planted the seed of life and let evolution take over. I could buy that story

"This isn’t a painting. It is the most detailed image of a human cell to date, obtained by radiography, nuclear magnetic resonance and cryoelectron microscopy."
11F7FA3F-1EB2-48AA-A3C8-3A464531308D.jpeg

The brainwashed mental patient james bond says there's no evidence we 'came from monkeys.'
There is of course, and there's evidence IN EVERY Human/Homo/Primate, and all long the chain of life that species came from each other.
HARD evidence.
of Evolution.
One big part of an overwhelming body of such.

`
`

Last edited:
"This isn’t a painting. It is the most detailed image of a human cell to date, obtained by radiography, nuclear magnetic resonance and cryoelectron microscopy."
It's a great picture, but unfortunately it is an artistic rendering. I had a hard time finding the original source. I was hoping it was real. Also you don't get colors from the three types of instruments mentioned.

It's a great picture, but unfortunately it is an artistic rendering. I had a hard time finding the original source. I was hoping it was real. Also you don't get colors from the three types of instruments mentioned.

I've seen it all over FB.
Nice pic tho.

[.......]Geoffroy was at a loss for why exactly nature "always leaves vestiges of an organ", yet he could not deny his empirical observations. Ten years later, Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829) identified several vestigial structures in his Zoological Philosophy [.......]...these "Hypocritical" structures profess something that they do Not do—they clearly appear designed for a certain function which they do Not perform. However, Common Descent provides a scientific explanation for these peculiar structures.

james bond can't answer or even acknowledge the fact and certainly not the obvious answer.
Common Descent.

And note I post Blockbuster thread titles trumpeting Evidence of Evolution.
Haymakers.

James Bond posts NONE for a god.
Zero.
There is none.
`

Last edited:
I posted that science backs up Genesis in the Bible. Those are the parts that I post. I still don't get why I would post evidence for a God in the S&T section.

The creation scientists and I have established the Anthropic Principle. Those are parameters that one can test.

We also have answers for how the universe came to be than "I don't know." That was presented with KCA. The one given by the atheist weirdo here was the silliest response ever in this forum. He could have just sang, "I'm a Loser."

There is no common descent nor common ancestor. That is just a mythical atheist belief for them to believe how humans came from animals. The regions of the DNA molecule called coding regions demonstrate the complexity that requires intelligence behind it to create the its design. We can't even have a car being put together by itself by throwing its parts around. That's less complex. You saw the picture above of the human cell and the atheists do not realize that can't happen by chance. They prolly haven't read On the Origin of Species nor can they explain. I can understand its marvel.

I posted that science backs up Genesis in the Bible. Those are the parts that I post. I still don't get why I would post evidence for a God in the S&T section.

The creation scientists and I have established the Anthropic Principle. Those are parameters that one can test.

We also have answers for how the universe came to be than "I don't know." That was presented with KCA. The one given by the atheist weirdo here was the silliest response ever in this forum. He could have just sang, "I'm a Loser."

There is no common descent nor common ancestor. That is just a mythical atheist belief for them to believe how humans came from animals. The regions of the DNA molecule called coding regions demonstrate the complexity that requires intelligence behind it to create the its design. We can't even have a car being put together by itself by throwing its parts around. That's less complex. You saw the picture above of the human cell and the atheists do not realize that can't happen by chance. They prolly haven't read On the Origin of Species nor can they explain. I can understand its marvel.
This is all the same nonsense you have been cutting and pasting since you began spamming the science forums with your extremist religious beliefs.

Take your bible thumping to the religion forum.

This is all the same nonsense you have been cutting and pasting since you began spamming the science forums with your extremist religious beliefs.

Take your bible thumping to the religion forum.
I've told you many times that I only discuss the parts where science backs up the Bible. That is creation science.

For example, we found that the Bible stated that the Earth is spherical which was a winning statement back then when atheists thought the Earth was flat.

I've told you many times that I only discuss the parts where science backs up the Bible. That is creation science.

For example, we found that the Bible stated that the Earth is spherical which was a winning statement back then when atheists thought the Earth was flat.
That's simply false. Another of your Jimmy Swaggert stylized absurdities.

That's simply false. Another of your Jimmy Swaggert stylized absurdities.
If I was an atheist, then I would be troubled, worried, and convinced. There's KCA, the Anthropic Principle (which the atheist scientists discovered), and eyewitnesses from both sides of a supernatural event.

The evolutionists have nothing observable, no logical argument, have a system where only atheist scientists can be published, had their scientists caught in a lie in the past, and worse. I say find an alien somewhere besides Earth, show a bipedal monkey, do an experiment using dark energy and matter or showing it to us, or come up with an anti-KCA logic, then you'll have something.

You, yourself, was forced to go to the Jimmy card from the flat Earth card.

If I was an atheist, then I would be troubled, worried, and convinced. There's KCA, the Anthropic Principle (which the atheist scientists discovered), and eyewitnesses from both sides of a supernatural event.
The evolutionists have nothing observable, no logical argument, have a system where only atheist scientists can be published, had their scientists caught in a lie in the past, and worse. I say find an alien somewhere besides Earth, show a bipedal monkey, do an experiment using dark energy and matter or showing it to us, or come up with an anti-KCA logic, then you'll have something.

1. Everything from the last century is observable.

2. ie, all my thread starts like Anatomical Vestiges are observable in many creatures.
All the Evidence for Evolution is observable because we still have it.
The ever increasing Fossil record of between species (with ie, bones that are increasingly more human and less ape, but not pure either).

All the technology (electronics, medicine, etc) we use today, including the computers we type on are observable science from the last 100 years.

Where is your Evidence of a god in the last 100 years?

3. Your god is no more observable than the Islamic or Hindu one or 10,000 other patched together religious FABLES.
Divinity is NOT Observable you wildly deluded freak and there is NO evidence.
The Bible Fable is not evidence any more that the Koranic one, or Hindu one, or the North American Indian Bear God.

3a. Bond is back to Circular/Circle Jerk reasoning. Bible-God-Bible-God-Bible.
You need extra-Biblical Hard Evidence, not a closed circuit brainwash.
I posted some/a lot, you have posted NONE.
And you have to LIE a lot and use laugh-logic because you have Zero evidence.

`

There is not a single word in science where they support the bible.
You are a liar unless you can provide the link.
There is no such thing as a creation scientist. That's an oxymoron.

There is not a single word in science where they support the bible.
You are a liar unless you can provide the link.
There is no such thing as a creation scientist. That's an oxymoron.

My thread of a few days ago.
Since he has no evidence he uses Circular/closed circuit reasoning
Bible-God-Bible-God-Bible.

As usual, you are mindlessly cutting and pasting all the same nonsense that comes out of your madrassah.

As usual, you are mindlessly cutting and pasting all the same nonsense that comes out of your madrassah.
I have to wonder whose sock this clown is. There is a perfectly good thread in the religion section for him to appropriately put on his childish display. But he is avoiding it, in favor of inappropriately spamming the science section.

Another Evidence of Evolution.
Just part of an Overwhelming body of such.
One rarely mentioned but very telling.
Life can be traced to a continuum, with many creatures, including us, having anatomical vestiges of our evolutionary ancestors.
An 'immaculate creation' event wouldn't leave useless organs/etc.

Heavily Edited incl Numerous illustrations within as well as references deleted for brevity.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 2
Douglas Theobald, Ph.D.
Prediction 2.1: Anatomical vestiges

Some of the most renowned Evidence for evolution are the various nonfunctional or rudimentary vestigial characters, Both Anatomical and Molecular, that are found throughout biology. A vestige is defined, independently of evolutionary theory, as a reduced and rudimentary structure compared to the same complex structure in other organisms. Vestigial characters, if functional, perform relatively simple, minor, or inessential functions using structures that were clearly designed for other complex purposes. Though many vestigial organs have no function, complete non-functionality is not a requirement for vestigiality...​
[.......]​
Geoffroy was at a loss for why exactly nature "always leaves vestiges of an organ", yet he could not deny his empirical observations. Ten years later, Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829) identified several vestigial structures in his Zoological Philosophy​
[.......]...these "Hypocritical" structures profess something that they do Not do—they clearly appear designed for a certain function which they do Not perform. However, Common Descent provides a scientific explanation for these peculiar structures. Existing species have different structures and perform different functions. If all living organisms descended from a common ancestor, then both functions and structures necessarily have been gained and lost in each lineage during macroevolutionary history. Therefore, from Common Descent and the constraint of gradualism, we predict that many organisms should retain vestigial structures as structural remnants of lost functions. Note that the exact evolutionary mechanism which created a vestigial structure is irrelevant as long as the mechanism is a gradual one.​
Confirmation:
There are Many examples of rudimentary and Nonfunctional vestigial characters carried by organisms, and these can very often be explained in terms of evolutionary histories. For example, from independent phylogenetic evidence, snakes are known to be the descendants of four-legged reptiles. Most Pythons (which are legless snakes) carry Vestigial Pelvises hidden beneath their skin.. The Vestigial pelvis in Pythons is Not attached to vertebrae (as is the normal case in most vertebrates), and it simply floats in the abdominal cavity. Some lizards carry rudimentary, Vestigial Legs underneath their skin, undetectable from the outside...​
Many cave dwelling animals, such as the fish Astyanax mexicanus (the Mexican tetra) and the salamander species Typhlotriton spelaeus and Proteus anguinus, are blind yet have rudimentary, Vestigial eyes....​
[.......]​
The ancestors of Humans are known to have been herbivorous, and molar teeth are required for chewing and grinding plant material. Over 90% of all adult humans develop third molars (otherwise known as Wisdom Teeth).​
Usually these teeth never erupt from the gums, and in one Third of all individuals they are Malformed and Impacted [*]. These Useless teeth can cause significant pain, increased risk for injury, and may result in illness and even death [*]​
Another Vestige of our herbivorous ancestry is the vermiform appendix. While this intestinal structure may retain a function of some sort, perhaps in the development of the immune system, it is a rudimentary version of the much larger caecum that is essential for digestion of plants in other mammals..."​
Yet another human Vestigial structure is the coccyx, the four fused caudal vertebrae found at the base of the spine, exactly where most mammals and many other primates have external Tails protruding from the back. Humans and other apes are some of the only vertebrates that lack an external tail as an adult. The coccyx is a developmental Remnant of the embryonic tail that forms in humans and then is degraded and eaten by our immune system ... Our internal tail is UNnecessary for sitting, walking, and elimination (all of which are functions attributed to the coccyx by many anti-evolutionists). The caudal vertebrae of the coccyx can cause extreme and unnecessary chronic pain in some unfortunate people, a condition called coccydynia. The entire coccyx can be surgically removed without any ill effects (besides surgical complications)...""​
[.......]​
How many Millions of H sapiens and immediate predecessors, suffered and died from Wisdom Teeth impaction/infection?.​
Were it not for Modern dentistry in the last 100 years (yes, even after Jesus), humans who had these impacted/infected Wisdom teeth (most) would have slowly died out and the specie would have been gradually purged/adapted/Evolved eventually as in all traits of all animals.​
Everything that ever lived was, and is, 'intermediate' and constantly Evolving.​
`​
Its called intelligent DNA. All living creatures are equipped with a DNA signature that allows for life to adapt to its natural surroundings. Again........with a BS example of "horizontal movement WITHIN SPECIES"? Simply because some sections of DNA is not activated, because there is no need....proves what, except INTELLIGENT DESIGN?

Darwinian Evolution....the type taught to our children has nothing in common with the necessity of Horizontal changes that are common to all examples of life on earth. If man did not possess the ability to adapt to his surroundings.......he would have become extinct with the first major weather change or when he first encountered a virus.

Darwin teaches that Man evolved from dead matter with the ability to randomly change species in order to adapt. Man evolved from FISH? Really? Just how does this study prove VERTICAL EVOLUTION by natural selection to be a fact?

Vertical Evolution: As defined by Oxford, "The process by whereby an ancestral species changes through time (without splitting) to become distinctively different, and therefore recognized as a NEW SPECIES."

To hell with Pasteur? Biogenesis - Wikipedia

Its called intelligent DNA
DNA has no intelligence. DNA does not do anything with purpose or intent. It has no self awareness. Just because something looks fancy to you -- a person who knows next to nothing about any related topic -- doesn't prove it is "design". It merely "kinda, sorta" feels that way to you.

In fact, that's why you hate the theory of evolution" it shows that things that appear "designed:" were not designed and require no designer. So you are about 150 years behind the rest of the world.

And your use of Pasteur's experiment is specious. It does not contradict a single principle of evolution or abiogenesis. You embarrass yourself to claim it does.

In fact, that's why you hate the theory of evolution" it shows that things that appear "designed:" were not designed and require no designer. So you are about 150 years behind the rest of the world.
Do you believe the Roswell Rock, i.e. ancient aliens, then? History channel is pretty legit. I post it for the easily fooled here.

Forum List

Back