More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Sunsettommy

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those charts only go back 50 years ... that's weather ... let see the ones that go back 20,000 years, or 200 million years ... that's climate ... why do you insist on making the exact same mistakes the Alarmists make? ...
You are being silly here since there is no defined time frame to make it climate, is it months, years, hundreds of years or longer?

Here is what the IPCC says about Climate:

"Climate Climate in a narrow sense is usually defined as the average weather, or more rigorously, as the statistical description in terms of the mean and variability of relevant quantities over a period of time ranging from months to thousands or millions of years. The classical period for averaging these variables is 30 years, as defined by the World Meteorological Organization. The relevant quantities are most often surface variables such as temperature, precipitation and wind. Climate in a wider sense is the state, including a statistical description, of the climate system."

Boldings mine

=====

NASA agrees,

"What Climate Means
In short, climate is the description of the long-term pattern of weather in a particular area.

Some scientists define climate as the average weather for a particular region and time period, usually taken over 30-years. It's really an average pattern of weather for a particular region."

===

The charts time frame (50+ years) is clearly long enough to meet the basic definition of climate.

You are the one making an elementary mistake.

I think you can figure it out from here.

Last edited:

Billy_Bob

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jc456

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Those charts only go back 50 years ... that's weather ... let see the ones that go back 20,000 years, or 200 million years ... that's climate ... why do you insist on making the exact same mistakes the Alarmists make? ...
post them up

ReinyDays

Silver Member
Reaction score

{Image ain't rendering here}

This is the basis of my claim that today's Earth is as cold as she's been since the Cambrian ... almost all life on land existed with much warmer temperatures ... that frozen water should exist anywhere close to sea level is a rarity in the past 1/2 billion years ... that this ice should be permanent at the poles is crazy cold, nearly slushball Earth cold ... 100,000 years is just a blink of the eye, and in that time we'll have 2 mile thick ice sheets as far south as 45ºN ...

I'm not saying we can't use 30 year time intervals ... but we need to remember this short of a time span is full of dynamic contamination ... and here I'm just repeating what I read in many many scientific papers that are analyzing a short data set ... sea level in the altimeter age is a good example (c.f. {Cite}) ...

The IPCC is a political body ... and they have to use the statistical trick of limiting the sample pool to drive up probabilities ... just like the Monty Hall paradox ...

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List