More proof that US gun laws make the US more dangerous than every country in Europe.

the gun nuts cannot get around the fact that the Brits are much safer than American when it comes to gun violence.

Your dodge is pathetic.

In your pathetic desperation to denigrate guns, instead, you denigrate all those people in Great Britain brutalized, maimed or killed just because it wasn't with a gun.

Disgusting!

Megalolz !! The figures havent moved since I started the thread.

All of Europe is safer than the US. every fucking country.

All of your nitpicking and deflecting cannot alter that indisputable fact.

Laughinganimationdog.gif

Well you can pick at rises and falls anywhere in the world but the figure that actually matters shows that ALL OF EUROPE IS SAFER THAN THE US. There is no conversation on that subject other than it is a fact . The conversation should be about how you address this.

As a professional Troll, I realize you just don't have a dog in this fight and don't care one way or the other.

If you do live in some European country, it would seem you would be far more concerned about the extremely high violent crime rate which is being greatly exacerbated by the influx of refugees with a far different set of rules than the West.

Given your opinion, let's do this. Anyone who breaks a law by using a gun, goes to prison for life. That means any law, not only murder.

We have that in Florida and it has been very effective. It is called 10-20-Life and is even advertised on billboards heading into our state.

If you have a gun in the commission of a crime, any crime, 10-year minimum sentence. If you fire the gun, again regardless of the crime, a 20-year minimum sentence. If you fire the gun and someone is wounded minimum Life sentence. So someone who is stupid enough to use a gun, in any crime is off the streets. We also have a castle law protecting someone who uses a gun to defend themselves or family.

Innocent gun owners protected, gun using criminals at great risk of spending a lot of time in prison.

Well you can pick at rises and falls anywhere in the world but the figure that actually matters shows that ALL OF EUROPE IS SAFER THAN THE US. There is no conversation on that subject other than it is a fact . The conversation should be about how you address this.

As a professional Troll, I realize you just don't have a dog in this fight and don't care one way or the other.

If you do live in some European country, it would seem you would be far more concerned about the extremely high violent crime rate which is being greatly exacerbated by the influx of refugees with a far different set of rules than the West.
Which is a nonsense. All of Europe is safer than the US. All of it.

No, I disagree. There are many places in the US which are extremely safe, safer than most places in Europe. Where you aren't safe in the US is in the cities.

Given your opinion, let's do this. Anyone who breaks a law by using a gun, goes to prison for life. That means any law, not only murder.

We have that in Florida and it has been very effective. It is called 10-20-Life and is even advertised on billboards heading into our state.

If you have a gun in the commission of a crime, any crime, 10-year minimum sentence. If you fire the gun, again regardless of the crime, a 20-year minimum sentence. If you fire the gun and someone is wounded minimum Life sentence. So someone who is stupid enough to use a gun, in any crime is off the streets. We also have a castle law protecting someone who uses a gun to defend themselves or family.

Innocent gun owners protected, gun using criminals at great risk of spending a lot of time in prison.

SARCASM exposes how ignorant and how the biases of those obsessed with guns impact their ability to understand.

Fools seek to justify guns by pointing out more people are killed by cars than by guns; "guns don't kill people, people kill people", is a form of magical thinking one expects from a five year old. Cars don't kill people, people kill people is ridiculous. Even a fool understands this, and the fact that a gun is made to kill.

Notice how he said "any law, not only murder?" He doesn't care about criminals.....he wants to go after the Nurse in New Jersey who had a concealed carry permit in Pennsylvania, but drove into New Jersey, not realizing they didn't respect her carry permit....she was facing a felony......until Chris Christie stepped in.....that is the person that wrycatcher wants to put in prison for life.....because she committed the sin of buying, owning and carrying a gun...even though she did not use the gun to commit a crime...notice how he focuses on "Not only Murder?"

SARCASM exposes how ignorant and how the biases of those obsessed with guns impact their ability to understand.

Fools seek to justify guns by pointing out more people are killed by cars than by guns; "guns don't kill people, people kill people", is a form of magical thinking one expects from a five year old. Cars don't kill people, people kill people is ridiculous. Even a fool understands this, and the fact that a gun is made to kill.

No....you don't understand...you hate guns and like a book burner, you want to destroy those things that offend you......book burners and gun grabbers are the same type of person..irrational, and filled with hate........

You attack guns citing how many people they kill.......9,616 in 2015........we point out that by that reasoning...you should really hate cars......that killed 36,000 people ....on accident.....in 2015......the fact that the numbers don't matter...since any rational person would see more dead as being worse than fewer dead...but you focus on the object that kills fewer people....and those that are killed....are killed by people who choose to break the law....not even on Accident.....and yet you focus on guns instead of cars...

According to your own standard, you are irrational and illogical...not us.

We know that more people are saved by guns than lose their lives to criminals using guns, or to accidents with guns....1,500,000 Americans use guns to stop attacks against themselves and others.....those are people whose lives are not destroyed or diminished by criminals......you want those 1,500,000 people to be victims, rather than survivors......

and that too is irrational...and illogical by any way of looking at the issue.

No, I disagree. There are many places in the US which are extremely safe, safer than most places in Europe. Where you aren't safe in the US is in the cities.

actually, even in democrat controlled cities the violent crime is usually confined to very tiny areas of those cities......democrat voting districts in particular......

anyway........Harvard established with its research in 2012 that more guns = less crimes based upon looking at the insanely high murder rates in European countries where there are gun bans........

Harvard study concludes that gun control does not prevent murders, other violent crime
8/30/13 | by Jennifer Cruz

http://www.guns.com/2013/08/30/harvard-study-concludes-gun-control-prevent-murders-violent-crime/

duh

Oh......and btw.........I still contend people will take you more seriously if you change your avatar s0n. It screams limpwrister...........just sayin'. It does effect the message........

You can rank the table by gun homicides per capita.
Obviously Honduras and various third world places top the chart. The US isnt in the top 20 coming in at 3.2%

Way down the list, amongst all the countries of "falling apart Europe" comes the UK on 0.07%

In the period under review there were 41 gun murders in the UK all year. That is a horrific figure but in the US its really just a saturday night.

That you gun nuts are even trying to debate this shows how deluded that you are.

The OP is not under dispute. All of Europe is safer than gun crazy America.

Yes the OP is under dispute. And this article destroys it.

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center

You don't even need that article to destroy your OP article. The article merely is counting guns per country. And then you're comparing it with strictly GUN Crime. And then YOU are cherry picking the countries that only help your point, while ignoring the ones that blatantly go against your point. There is no correlation, and its proved by your own article. On top of that you article isnt comparing crime rates over time, or crime rates without gun control vs with gun control in those countries. Again in Switzerland you are issued a full auto assault rifle (if you choose to keep it) and it's the safest place on earth. And on the other hand countries with the strictest gun laws are also some of the most dangerous places on earth (look at our southern neighbor). So where's the correlation??? Here's the facts, England is a freaking island, that does not have constant drug and cartel wars raging in our cities and across our boarders. Since they've instituted their gun ban, their gun crime had doubled in a decade. If we were to cease our governments war on drugs, the crime rate in America practically evaporates.

In EVERY single instance of a country enacted gun control, the murder rates (as well as crime rates) in that country go up. EVERY SINGLE INSTANT. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me.

Gun Facts | Gun Control and Crime in non-US Countries

Harvard gun study concludes gun bans don’t reduce the murder rate - Hot Air
You are deflecting. All of Europe is safer than the US. Why is that ? We are not as heavily armed as you are.

There may be other minor factors but in general family rows in civilised Europe dont end in a body count and neither do our toddlers outkill terrorists. Every European country has a lower gun murder rate than the US. Every fucking one.

GUN murder rate! Thanks for proving my point! And how am I deflecting?!?! I am directly addressing your OP and even citing your own article. You're the one deflecting, again how do you explain how the Swiss are walking around with full autos, and yet they're in the safest place on earth????

80% of our gun murder rates a directly gang related. And those are only the ones we've proven to be gang related genius. You're ignoring you're own article. Gun crime doubled in the U.K. since gun control was implemented...why is that. The murder rate in Australia went up 10% after gun control was implemented why is that? And Switzerland still remains the safest country on earth, with citizens being issued FULL AUTO (I trust you know what that means) assault rifles left and right. All of these countries that have implemented gun control ALWAYS ALWAYS see a spike in gun murder rates, regular murder rates, and crime.

48% of US citizens are law abiding gun owners, and 99% of them get along swimmingly with everyone around them. Gun control only applies to people who follow the law. And responsible gun owners are thwarting crimes and murders multiple times a day. But yea let's ignore all of those stories. There are more guns in the US than there are illegal immigrants, and you'd probably agree it's impossible to round up all illegals, what makes you think we'll be able to round up all the guns in this country, from criminals who we don't even know have them. It's ludicrous.

You are cherry picking info from your article, when you're own article is contradicting you!! Did you even read it? The data is right there. And then I posted numerous articles about how your article doesn't even come close to giving an accurate full picture, and then you deflect and ignore it. You are incapable of having an honest conversation about guns, if you're only looking at the gun murder rate, you're putting on the narrowest of blinders. If that's what you need to do, whatever, the rest of us are going to keep being gun owners, and I'll keep shooting the coons going after my chickens at night. Because a gun is a tool, nothing else, I can use for hunting or self defense, or I can use it to kill my wife. A knife is a tool, I can use it to slice tomatoes, or I can use it to stab my wife. I can drive my car to work, or I can use it to plow through crowds of people. I can clean myself in my bathtub, or drown somebody in it.

I have directly addressed your OP, you chose to ignore it and claim that I'm deflecting. Have honestly if you really want conversation, if you want to wave a flag with ear muffs on, I'm done with this thread.

I did address this. Rural and suburban America are as safe as anywhere else on earth. We have a prohibition type war on drugs being waged. Unlike most of Europe. That's where a very large majority of our crime emanates. You just admitted you're ignoring the actual numbers, and concentrating on one single number. And that is europe is safer than the United States. despite the safest country of Europe having citizens walk around with fully automatic assault rifles. Despite gun crime doubling in Britain after the gun ban. How can you ignore these numbers and still claim a correlation? There is a correlation, and it is murder rates ALWAYS ALWAYS go up after gun bans, in every single country that has implemented them. You'd think there'd be one exception somewhere, but there never is. Crime rates in america have been dropping and dropping, while gun ownership goes up and up. Chicago implements and gun ban, and murder rate goes up 74%.

You are putting on blinders. You're strictly looking at one statistic, and completely ignoring anything glaring you in the face that counters your claim of a correlation. Gun murder rate. 80% of our gun crime is without a doubt gang related, and even larger when drug related is included in that. However, Europe is more violent than the United States...by almost a 3rd.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Historia Futura Praedicit: Is America Really More Violent Than Europe?

And if it is true that more guns=less safe. How then do you explain the Swiss walking around with the most dangerous type of firearm (full auto assault rifles), and it being the safest place on earth? Are you going to claim that's the exception that proves the rule?

Forum List

Back