More proof that US gun laws make the US more dangerous than every country in Europe.

Do you recall the date, not exact, but the year?
maybe 3-4 years ago?...

I retired in '05, Two areas of our county (1,000,000 pop.) registered somewhere around 90% of the murders (a guess, but by serving on a Death Panel, where all deaths were discussed (juvenile and adult) it was pretty clear drugs, gangs and poverty were the secondary cause, followed of course by the primary cause of murders, the gun.

The inanimate object is the cause? NOt the social dysfunction? Was that a joke?

Plenty of guns in suburbia and they don't shoot each other like they do in the hood.
Stop the racist hate, Correll.
how is that racial?....excluding suicides by gun, is there more shootings in the poor side of town compared to the richer side?...

The raw numbers would seem to depend on more factors than race or poverty. Both will likely score higher, but other variables - density of population, unemployment numbers, volume of LE and if the authority is trusted, the quality of schools, opportunity to thrive, etc.

Here is the lie: "nothing you say about guns is remotely accurate or truthful...".We had 30 thousand gun deaths. Guns are not cars, and they are not used as cars. They are used for death and destruction.

But if 11,000 car deaths were people committing suicide by ramming cars into buildings or driving them off cliffs would you say its fair to hold those stats against the safety of cars in general?
But are they? No. Fallacy of false equivalency. If you get an equivalency in reality you can use, go for it.

What false equivalency? Suicide by car is the same as suicide by gun.

Gun ownership around the world, mapped

Who would have thought that everybody having a gun would affect the murder rate ?

The US is cracking up.

Hmmm. Seems the UK has more overall violent crime than us. Go figure, tainty would have his head up his arse...

UK is violent crime capital of Europe
The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, according to new research.

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

Here is the lie: "nothing you say about guns is remotely accurate or truthful...".We had 30 thousand gun deaths. Guns are not cars, and they are not used as cars. They are used for death and destruction.

No...guns are used 1,500,000 times a year, on average to stop violent criminal attack and they save about 25,000 lives a year......versus 9,616 actual gun murders....and of those murders....70-80% of the victims are other criminals...engaged in crime or the criminal life style......

And here are the actual numbers.....which you hide because you only get 30,000 if you use suicides....so you are essentially lying....since suicide can be done without guns...and in countries that have absolute gun control....Japan, South Korea.....their suicide numbers are higher than ours....and even countries with extreme gun control, like France, and other European countries have higher suicide rates than we do.....

Here is the truth...notice...non gun suicide numbers were higher for both of those years...

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun suicide...

Non Gun suicide...
---------

Gun suicide....21,334
non gun....21,439

And here are the car vs. gun numbers.....and this is murder.....

Total car accidental death....

2015....36,161--------- Gun murder 9,616
2014....33,736 -------- Gun murder 8,312
2013....33,804-------- Gun murder 8,454
2012....34,935 ------- Gun murder 8,897

When we look at car statistics, there are more cars on the road now than ever, yet only about 35,000 people a year die in car accidents. Back in 1969, there were far fewer cars on the road yet 55,000 people died in car crashes that year.

FF to 2015, far more cars on the roads, yet, only 34,000 deaths. That shows that more cars don't equal more deaths.

Now look at guns, hundreds of millions of guns in the hands of citizens, 200% higher than 20 years ago, yet we don't have 200% more deaths. In fact, we have lower death rates. So more guns does not equal more deaths. In fact, the opposite appears true.

But if 11,000 car deaths were people committing suicide by ramming cars into buildings or driving them off cliffs would you say its fair to hold those stats against the safety of cars in general?

That isn't an accurate number on suicides.....

Here...

Gun suicide...

Non Gun suicide...

---------

Gun suicide....21,334
non gun....21,439

You are deflecting. All of Europe is safer than the US. Why is that ? We are not as heavily armed as you are.

There may be other minor factors but in general family rows in civilised Europe dont end in a body count and neither do our toddlers outkill terrorists. Every European country has a lower gun murder rate than the US. Every fucking one.

GUN murder rate! Thanks for proving my point! And how am I deflecting?!?! I am directly addressing your OP and even citing your own article. You're the one deflecting, again how do you explain how the Swiss are walking around with full autos, and yet they're in the safest place on earth????

80% of our gun murder rates a directly gang related. And those are only the ones we've proven to be gang related genius. You're ignoring you're own article. Gun crime doubled in the U.K. since gun control was implemented...why is that. The murder rate in Australia went up 10% after gun control was implemented why is that? And Switzerland still remains the safest country on earth, with citizens being issued FULL AUTO (I trust you know what that means) assault rifles left and right. All of these countries that have implemented gun control ALWAYS ALWAYS see a spike in gun murder rates, regular murder rates, and crime.

48% of US citizens are law abiding gun owners, and 99% of them get along swimmingly with everyone around them. Gun control only applies to people who follow the law. And responsible gun owners are thwarting crimes and murders multiple times a day. But yea let's ignore all of those stories. There are more guns in the US than there are illegal immigrants, and you'd probably agree it's impossible to round up all illegals, what makes you think we'll be able to round up all the guns in this country, from criminals who we don't even know have them. It's ludicrous.

You are cherry picking info from your article, when you're own article is contradicting you!! Did you even read it? The data is right there. And then I posted numerous articles about how your article doesn't even come close to giving an accurate full picture, and then you deflect and ignore it. You are incapable of having an honest conversation about guns, if you're only looking at the gun murder rate, you're putting on the narrowest of blinders. If that's what you need to do, whatever, the rest of us are going to keep being gun owners, and I'll keep shooting the coons going after my chickens at night. Because a gun is a tool, nothing else, I can use for hunting or self defense, or I can use it to kill my wife. A knife is a tool, I can use it to slice tomatoes, or I can use it to stab my wife. I can drive my car to work, or I can use it to plow through crowds of people. I can clean myself in my bathtub, or drown somebody in it.

I have directly addressed your OP, you chose to ignore it and claim that I'm deflecting. Have honestly if you really want conversation, if you want to wave a flag with ear muffs on, I'm done with this thread.

Well you can pick at rises and falls anywhere in the world but the figure that actually matters shows that ALL OF EUROPE IS SAFER THAN THE US. There is no conversation on that subject other than it is a fact . The conversation should be about how you address this.
Simply not true. England and France have more violent crimes then the US per capita. THAT is a fact.

Link

Crimes of violence are not rare, anywhere. Crimes committed by guns are certainly not rare in our country. Do we outlaw laws because crime cannot be stopped?

In a country of over 320,000,000 we had 9,616 gun murders in 2015.......with 400 million guns in private hands....let me repeat that because I know you are slow.......with 400 million guns in private hands, and over 15 million Americans actually carrying guns for self defense.........

Accidental car deaths in this country....

Gun murder....2015....9,616.....

More people are killed accidentally with cars in this country than with actual intent with guns....

Yes....gun murder is rare in this country.....especially if you actually look at where murder occurs.......they are isolated to cities, run by democrats, and even then they are isolated to tiny areas of those cities......

Nothing you say about guns is remotely accurate or truthful...

If cars kill people, guns kill people.

GUN murder rate! Thanks for proving my point! And how am I deflecting?!?! I am directly addressing your OP and even citing your own article. You're the one deflecting, again how do you explain how the Swiss are walking around with full autos, and yet they're in the safest place on earth????

80% of our gun murder rates a directly gang related. And those are only the ones we've proven to be gang related genius. You're ignoring you're own article. Gun crime doubled in the U.K. since gun control was implemented...why is that. The murder rate in Australia went up 10% after gun control was implemented why is that? And Switzerland still remains the safest country on earth, with citizens being issued FULL AUTO (I trust you know what that means) assault rifles left and right. All of these countries that have implemented gun control ALWAYS ALWAYS see a spike in gun murder rates, regular murder rates, and crime.

48% of US citizens are law abiding gun owners, and 99% of them get along swimmingly with everyone around them. Gun control only applies to people who follow the law. And responsible gun owners are thwarting crimes and murders multiple times a day. But yea let's ignore all of those stories. There are more guns in the US than there are illegal immigrants, and you'd probably agree it's impossible to round up all illegals, what makes you think we'll be able to round up all the guns in this country, from criminals who we don't even know have them. It's ludicrous.

You are cherry picking info from your article, when you're own article is contradicting you!! Did you even read it? The data is right there. And then I posted numerous articles about how your article doesn't even come close to giving an accurate full picture, and then you deflect and ignore it. You are incapable of having an honest conversation about guns, if you're only looking at the gun murder rate, you're putting on the narrowest of blinders. If that's what you need to do, whatever, the rest of us are going to keep being gun owners, and I'll keep shooting the coons going after my chickens at night. Because a gun is a tool, nothing else, I can use for hunting or self defense, or I can use it to kill my wife. A knife is a tool, I can use it to slice tomatoes, or I can use it to stab my wife. I can drive my car to work, or I can use it to plow through crowds of people. I can clean myself in my bathtub, or drown somebody in it.

I have directly addressed your OP, you chose to ignore it and claim that I'm deflecting. Have honestly if you really want conversation, if you want to wave a flag with ear muffs on, I'm done with this thread.

Well you can pick at rises and falls anywhere in the world but the figure that actually matters shows that ALL OF EUROPE IS SAFER THAN THE US. There is no conversation on that subject other than it is a fact . The conversation should be about how you address this.
Simply not true. England and France have more violent crimes then the US per capita. THAT is a fact.

Link

Crimes of violence are not rare, anywhere. Crimes committed by guns are certainly not rare in our country. Do we outlaw laws because crime cannot be stopped?

In a country of over 320,000,000 we had 9,616 gun murders in 2015.......with 400 million guns in private hands....let me repeat that because I know you are slow.......with 400 million guns in private hands, and over 15 million Americans actually carrying guns for self defense.........

Accidental car deaths in this country....

Gun murder....2015....9,616.....

More people are killed accidentally with cars in this country than with actual intent with guns....

Yes....gun murder is rare in this country.....especially if you actually look at where murder occurs.......they are isolated to cities, run by democrats, and even then they are isolated to tiny areas of those cities......

Nothing you say about guns is remotely accurate or truthful...

If cars kill people, guns kill people.

Guns save more lives than they kill.....especially here in the U.S.....

And here are the suicide rates for the U.S. and European Union countries...countries with extreme gun control laws....

Main tables - Eurostat

May, 2014

France....14.13

Finland...14.55

Poland....15.51

Belgium....17.28

Austria....15.26

U.S.....13.00 (Products - Data Briefs - Number 241 - April 2016)

And......you need to ban plastic bags, ropes and poisons........rather than guns....

Products - Data Briefs - Number 241 - April 2016

Percentages of suicides involving firearms and poisoning declined from 1999 through 2014, while suicides involving suffocation increased.
  • For both females and males, about one in four suicides in 2014 were attributable to suffocation (includes hanging, strangulation, and suffocation), an increase from 1999, when fewer than one in five were by this method (Figure 4).
  • The percentages of suicides attributable to firearms and poisoning were lower in 2014 than in 1999 for both females and males.
  • Poisoning was the most common method of suicide for females in 2014, accounting for about one-third (34.1%) of all female suicides. This was a change from 1999, when firearms were the most common suicide method for women (36.9%), slightly more likely than poisoning (36.0%).
  • More than one-half of male suicides (55.4%) in 2014 were firearm-related, although the percentage of suicides by this method was lower than in 1999 (61.7%).
  • The most frequent “other” suicide methods in 2014 (not shown separately) for females were falls (2.8%) and drowning (1.4%). For males, the most frequent “other” methods were falls (2.2%) and cutting or piercing (1.9%).

The dishonesty that resides in the left is because they don't differentiate gun violence between different groups of people. To them, someone shot in a drug deal gone bad by felons not even legally allowed to own a gun is the same as a bad guy getting shot breaking into someones house or a teenager tired of being bullied at school splatting their brain matter all over their bedroom wall.

Until the left is willing to differentiate those groups of people and not lump all "gun violence" into the same category, you'll never have an honest debate with them.

The problem with the right is they separate different groups of people to justify not doing anything, not helping anyone.

Why do you think Europe doesn't have a ghetto problem like the US has? Oh, forgot to include that thought process in there, didn't you?
Europe has ghettos dumb ass, mostly Muslim slums.

Oh, insults..... maybe you can get back to me when you can get through a whole sentence without insults.

11000 of the suicides were by gun, snowflakes.

UK is much safer than USA in terms of gun violence.
One does not need a firearm to kill themselves and Japan proves the point.

Who would have thought that everybody having a gun would affect the murder rate ?

The US is cracking up.

If you have a gun, particularly a handgun under your pillow of night, you have a castle. And you have a natural right to protect your castle.

A far better fate than bleating like a compliant sheep.

So, having 4 times more chance of dying, simply because you have a gun under your pillow, is better?

The dishonesty that resides in the left is because they don't differentiate gun violence between different groups of people. To them, someone shot in a drug deal gone bad by felons not even legally allowed to own a gun is the same as a bad guy getting shot breaking into someones house or a teenager tired of being bullied at school splatting their brain matter all over their bedroom wall.

Until the left is willing to differentiate those groups of people and not lump all "gun violence" into the same category, you'll never have an honest debate with them.

The problem with the right is they separate different groups of people to justify not doing anything, not helping anyone.

Why do you think Europe doesn't have a ghetto problem like the US has? Oh, forgot to include that thought process in there, didn't you?

Oh, insults..... maybe you can get back to me when you can get through a whole sentence without insults.
Stop being a Lying dumb ass and I won't have to call you on it.

Oh well, time for the ignore list. Would be nice to have people who could get through a simple sentence without having to insult their way through it.

RGS, please don't accuse others of what you do.

11000 of the suicides were by gun, snowflakes.

UK is much safer than USA in terms of gun violence.
One does not need a firearm to kill themselves and Japan proves the point.

The US is cracking up.

If you have a gun, particularly a handgun under your pillow of night, you have a castle. And you have a natural right to protect your castle.

A far better fate than bleating like a compliant sheep.

So, having 4 times more chance of dying, simply because you have a gun under your pillow, is better?

WRong.....you can't back that number up with actual stats....the studies who use those numbers hide the fact that the real cause of the gun death was mental illness, criminals in the home, and drug and alcohol abuse.......but nice lie.....

Forum List

Back