More CNN fake news

Your corporate state media machine is owned by 6 major multinational corporations and as such is nothing but a PR outlet for the corporate state. It's all fake when you get right donw to it.

The trolls are crapping early today. Two of them.

CNN staging Muslim Support after London Attack.

Places everyone.............get your signs.....................ACTION..............

ENJOY

Vigil participants were photographed, at their request, by international press organizations, including CNN.

How did CNN PRESENT that photo op is the question? As a spontaneous demonstration? Or POSED for the cameras? Were they even gathered at THAT SPOT? Or did CNN lead them to a police barricade with cooperation of the police?

It's a matter of HOW they present it. If they were in the crowds of THOUSANDS laying mementos on the site, that would be news. Otherwise, it's a "managed" interview under the DIRECTION of CNN staff...

End of 'Nopes" fact-checking. I think ALL self-appointed "fact-checkers" ought to have the integrity and the GUTS to allow discussions of their "verdicts" on their sites ---- or get the fuck out of Dodge...

Snopes didn't depend on only CNN's words - they included the organizers and BBC and it was covered by other news outlets. Did anyone bother to read that?

A CNN source told us:

We were in the middle of a live show when they appeared, and they moved in front of us so we could see their signs — for people to suggest that the protest was staged by the media is ludicrous.

That the demonstration was real, not staged, is clear from additional press coverage of the event. According to the BBC, the gathering was organized by the London Fatwa Council, who confirmed that their chairman, Shaykh Mohammad Yazdani, was present at the vigil to pay respects to the victims.

He also issued the public statement excerpted below:

I was shocked to my core when I learnt of the devastating attacks in London, as I left the mosque last night. Whilst myself and the majority of the Muslim community were busy in night time prayers, a horrible act of terror was being played out outside. I am deeply, deeply aggrieved that such heinous violence and terror again be upon our streets.

In the sacred month of Ramadhan when Muslims are engrossed in the remembrance of God and in togetherness with their families and communities, I cannot accept that the perpetrators of this terror are observers of my faith. Acts of terror are always deplorable but more so during the sacred month of Ramadhan.

Coverage by the Telegraph and the Standard included photos and video of participants placing flowers at the site:

In short, the vigil was not a media invention. It was organized by the London Fatwa Council, a legitimate Islamic organization whose members have taken a vocal stand against terrorist attacks. Vigil participants were photographed, at their request, by international press organizations, including CNN. The charge that CNN or anyone else “staged” the event to “hype a narrative of widespread Muslim opposition” to the attacks is a politically motivated mischaracterization of what occurred.

Forum List

Back