More Brutality? How many cops need to go to jail before it stops?

SMANN is PERFECT--he would do everything perfect--NEVER a mistake !!!
...SMann would shit in his pants if he even had to talk to jackasses like these
....more babble shit

And Brutality doesn’t happen. And if you do what the cops say you won’t get hurt. Shall I continue down your well worn list of excuses?
Don't bother...he's just a copsucker.

Break the law and endanger others, GFY. You lose the right to whine later about much. You snowflakes that cry for the criminal scum, ask yourselves. Would you feel differently if this PoS slammed vehicles with your wife or momma and killed her?

Don't lie. Fucking hypocrites. Once again, we blame the response to criminal behavior. Not the criminal that ignited it all. Claim to be woke, well WAKE THE FUCK UP.

That's not enough. The bad cops need to be nailed to crosses and left until their bones fall apart.

A ''good cop'' will kick your door down, guns drawn, just as quick as a ''bad cop''

Takes one anonymous phone call.

This was obviously wrong, although isolated incidents are not justification for the statement that broad-based reform is necessary.

Statistical analysis can easily tell us which departments have a greater ratio of interactions to complaints and the same is true of officers. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn't the answer either.

First I am going to post the raw video.

The suspect had run. He had driven at more than 100 MPH attempting to flee according to reports. And none of that matters one damn bit.

Saldivar was complying. He was prone on the ground as directed. He got to his knees as directed. He started to stand obeying orders from the police when they sent in the attack dog.

The Chief says he is not going to second guess the officers on the scene.

Chief. That is literally your job. That is literally the job of a supervisor to judge and assess the performance of subordinates. It is literally the job of a boss to make sure the employees are doing what they are supposed to.

In the meantime the Police have been polled. They insist they do not need reforms. They are doing a fantastic job. Shut up and go away.

This is not doing a fantastic job. This as nearly every recent example of brutality clearly shows that Law Enforcement is desperately in need of reform.

Now. In truth if people are unwilling to change then change will be forced upon them. And the changes forced are most often far more extreme than what could have been done by the participants.

In a week the Prescott Valley Police will be wishing they had said that actions were wrong. In two weeks the cops involved will be facing prosecution for their actions. In a month cops will be fired and the Department will announce the Grand Jury decision to indict.

Actually all of that matters
Those that refuse to live within societal norms, should repeatedly be eliminated until the remaining ones get it.

Meanwhile...................nearly one million cops go about their jobs, working for police depts that run 24/7 365 days a year.

I’m not sure how anyone can see the dog necessary in that particular arrest. The guy was being fully cooperative.

Not only was he cooperative but he was completely surrounded by at least 6 officers. And they all just stood there and watched the guy get mauled.

C'mon guys. We need our police officers to be better than this.
..X would do everything PERFECT all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -he is perfect!!!
...there is not a problem of police brutality ..all stats/etc here:

I'm not perfect, but I wouldn't send a dog to maul someone that was fully cooperative.

The suspect had run. He had driven at more than 100 MPH attempting to flee according to reports. And none of that matters one damn bit.

Saldivar was complying. He was prone on the ground as directed. He got to his knees as directed. He started to stand obeying orders from the police when they sent in the attack dog.

Chief. That is literally your job. That is literally the job of a supervisor to judge and assess the performance of subordinates. It is literally the job of a boss to make sure the employees are doing what they are supposed to.

In the meantime the Police have been polled. They insist they do not need reforms. They are doing a fantastic job. Shut up and go away.

This is not doing a fantastic job. This as nearly every recent example of brutality clearly shows that Law Enforcement is desperately in need of reform.

Now. In truth if people are unwilling to change then change will be forced upon them. And the changes forced are most often far more extreme than what could have been done by the participants.

In a week the Prescott Valley Police will be wishing they had said that actions were wrong. In two weeks the cops involved will be facing prosecution for their actions. In a month cops will be fired and the Department will announce the Grand Jury decision to indict.

Those that refuse to live within societal norms, should repeatedly be eliminated until the remaining ones get it.

...says every tyrant in history.

...says every tyrant in history.

You flatter me.

Opinions are kool!

Unless you're an experienced LEO your opinion doesn't count - training of the LEO counts - period.

Then why do we put civilians on the Grand Jury? Why do we have Civillians in any jury?

Civilians pay for the Government. Empower the elected officials with their votes. Hold those elected officials accountable with those same votes. We are the ones who decide what is right and wrong. Because we are the ones being subjugated.

Cops objected to the Supreme Court decision to prohibit beating a confession out of a person. Cops objected to the Miranda Decision. Cops objected to the Brady Decision. Which means those sainted LEO you say we should defer to wanted to beat anyone they caught until they confessed. They wanted to deny people their constitutional rights. And they object to cops who are caught lying being exposed as liars.

We are the judges. We are the best ones to judge. Because the victims are our fellow citizens. Any other system creates people who are unaccountable and that is the worst thing we can have. It is what the Soviets had. The KGB. The Stasi in East Germany. The MSS in China. Police who answer to no one and abide by only those rules they choose to acknowledge on a case by case basis.

But ask yourself this. Would you still feel that way if the police did the bidding of AOC? Answering only to her? Or would you be screaming about your rights and the brutality of the police when it is you and your neighbors and families abused?

Break the law and endanger others, GFY. You lose the right to whine later about much. You snowflakes that cry for the criminal scum, ask yourselves. Would you feel differently if this PoS slammed vehicles with your wife or momma and killed her?

Don't lie. Fucking hypocrites. Once again, we blame the response to criminal behavior. Not the criminal that ignited it all. Claim to be woke, well WAKE THE FUCK UP.

It is because I would feel differently that we do not let families and friends on the jury.

If I stand by and allow a little brutality, a little abuse. Where do I draw the line? Where do we draw the line? Do we let cops start beating confessions out of people again? Do we deny them their right to an attorney? Where do we draw the line?

If the Constitution is to mean anything. It must be defended. Every line. Every phrase. Every right. Every single time.

Ok. Where do we draw the new line? What actions by police will be agreed as too much?

I normally take the side of the cops and the guy probably deserved it but professionally the cops shouldnt have sicked the dog on him.

Seige dogs are a time tested method of subduing a less than cooperative offender.

Police are taught not to get between the handler and the offender. Dogs have been known to get so focused on the job that they have bitten members as well as suspects.

The dude was totally cooperating.

I'd say it was a wee much, however your response is way over the top, and irrational, clearly you expect perfection, sometimes when you try to kill cops they fuck you up a bit, many of you deserve every bit of it.... Police are not robots, when you try to kill them, well sometimes they do things you might not wish them to do! The guy will very likely get himself a lump-sum cash settlement, but he also attempted to murder police officers... BTW, expect it to get worse for you, much much worse, because now they are better off killing you animals straight up, think about that as you riot and loot & pillage. :wink:

Nowhere in any article does it say he tried to kill the cops. But I would point this out. For years people have claimed that if you do what the cop says you won’t get hurt. He was complying. He was doing what they said.

Oh. And I live in Rural Georgia. There haven’t been any riots out here.
He does not care. He is a copsucker. To him, cops can do no wrong. A cop could pull over a teenage girl, drag her out of the car, rape her on camera, shoot her in the back, drop a throwdown, claim the shot was self-inflicted...and the copsuckers would excuse it. They WORSHIP authority, with religious fervor.
I wonder, how many felony convictions do you carry on your person??? The odds are good, that when felons such as yourself, attempt to flee, and run down cops, whilst traversing city streets at speeds of up to 100 mph, you can count on a certain type of treatment once brought to heel! As I have said the release of dog was a bit much, but it wouldn't stop me from sending the perp to prison for a 10-year stretch, the lesson here, completely lost on your panzy urban dwelling ass is this, you play rough with police, they will very likely be more then willing to return your dumb ass the favor! :auiqs.jpg:

This was obviously wrong, although isolated incidents are not justification for the statement that broad-based reform is necessary.

Statistical analysis can easily tell us which departments have a greater ratio of interactions to complaints and the same is true of officers. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn't the answer either.

Well, we agree that something bad occurred here. It also appears that nothing is being done about it. In fact, the police department is defending these actions.

“The Prescott Valley Police Department said in a statement that the use of the canine was necessary during the May arrest...”

We see something wrong here and the police don’t. Isn’t that grounds for reform? I’m not saying we need to abolish the police but some kind of reform is needed if the public sees this as unacceptable and the police see this as fine.

Poor mistreated criminals!

Well, we agree that something bad occurred here. It also appears that nothing is being done about it. In fact, the police department is defending these actions.

“The Prescott Valley Police Department said in a statement that the use of the canine was necessary during the May arrest...”

We see something wrong here and the police don’t. Isn’t that grounds for reform? I’m not saying we need to abolish the police but some kind of reform is needed if the public sees this as unacceptable and the police see this as fine.

Maybe in this department there is. I guess I'm not crazy about broad brushing all cops or all departments as in need of reform due to actions occurring elsewhere.

As indicated these bad actors can be identified statistically. Its actually been done, so that makes more sense to me than lumping them all together.

It is because I would feel differently that we do not let families and friends on the jury.

If I stand by and allow a little brutality, a little abuse. Where do I draw the line? Where do we draw the line? Do we let cops start beating confessions out of people again? Do we deny them their right to an attorney? Where do we draw the line?

If the Constitution is to mean anything. It must be defended. Every line. Every phrase. Every right. Every single time.
Your sentiments are fair, and worthy. I hate that.

What I will say is that if I were the cop on scene, I would not have been happy about the dog being allowed the freedom to attack him in that situation.

So, there are plenty of things that occur between police and criminal that I would do differently. That I would do, imo, better. IN most cases, that's easy to say in hindsight and sitting on my ass uninvolved. When it does get excessive, I still can't find much sympathy for the criminal, in most cases. Race is not a factor to me on this. Clearly, this makes me less than qualified to be a judge. Just makes me a fed up dude with an opinion.

Maybe in this department there is. I guess I'm not crazy about broad brushing all cops or all departments as in need of reform due to actions occurring elsewhere.

As indicated these bad actors can be identified statistically. Its actually been done, so that makes more sense to me than lumping them all together.

Ok I agree. I don’t like the broad brush either.

My issue is that we can’t even determine what constitutes a “bad actor”. I’m looking at this instance and it looks terrible to me. Others are defending it. And the police themselves are defending it. We can’t even agree on whether this is bad or not.

To me, it starts with labeling certain behaviors as acceptable or unacceptable. I don’t know how we would statistically find bad actors if we can’t even agree on what bad actors are. What exactly makes one a “bad actor”? Since the police don’t see eye-to-eye on that, I think that takes reform.

Forum List

Back