More Brutality? How many cops need to go to jail before it stops?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
First I am going to post the raw video.

The suspect had run. He had driven at more than 100 MPH attempting to flee according to reports. And none of that matters one damn bit.

Saldivar was complying. He was prone on the ground as directed. He got to his knees as directed. He started to stand obeying orders from the police when they sent in the attack dog.

The Chief says he is not going to second guess the officers on the scene.

Chief. That is literally your job. That is literally the job of a supervisor to judge and assess the performance of subordinates. It is literally the job of a boss to make sure the employees are doing what they are supposed to.

In the meantime the Police have been polled. They insist they do not need reforms. They are doing a fantastic job. Shut up and go away.

This is not doing a fantastic job. This as nearly every recent example of brutality clearly shows that Law Enforcement is desperately in need of reform.

Now. In truth if people are unwilling to change then change will be forced upon them. And the changes forced are most often far more extreme than what could have been done by the participants.

In a week the Prescott Valley Police will be wishing they had said that actions were wrong. In two weeks the cops involved will be facing prosecution for their actions. In a month cops will be fired and the Department will announce the Grand Jury decision to indict.

I'd say it was a wee much, however your response is way over the top, and irrational, clearly you expect perfection, sometimes when you try to kill cops they fuck you up a bit, many of you deserve every bit of it.... Police are not robots, when you try to kill them, well sometimes they do things you might not wish them to do! The guy will very likely get himself a lump-sum cash settlement, but he also attempted to murder police officers... BTW, expect it to get worse for you, much much worse, because now they are better off killing you animals straight up, think about that as you riot and loot & pillage. :wink:

The suspect had run. He had driven at more than 100 MPH attempting to flee according to reports. And none of that matters one damn bit.

Saldivar was complying. He was prone on the ground as directed. He got to his knees as directed. He started to stand obeying orders from the police when they sent in the attack dog.

Chief. That is literally your job. That is literally the job of a supervisor to judge and assess the performance of subordinates. It is literally the job of a boss to make sure the employees are doing what they are supposed to.

In the meantime the Police have been polled. They insist they do not need reforms. They are doing a fantastic job. Shut up and go away.

This is not doing a fantastic job. This as nearly every recent example of brutality clearly shows that Law Enforcement is desperately in need of reform.

Now. In truth if people are unwilling to change then change will be forced upon them. And the changes forced are most often far more extreme than what could have been done by the participants.

In a week the Prescott Valley Police will be wishing they had said that actions were wrong. In two weeks the cops involved will be facing prosecution for their actions. In a month cops will be fired and the Department will announce the Grand Jury decision to indict.

:shutupsmiley:

I'd say it was a wee much, however your response is way over the top, and irrational, clearly you expect perfection, sometimes when you try to kill cops they fuck you up a bit, many of you deserve every bit of it.... Police are not robots, when you try to kill them, well sometimes they do things you might not wish them to do! The guy will very likely get himself a lump-sum cash settlement, but he also attempted to murder police officers... BTW, expect it to get worse for you, much much worse, because now they are better off killing you animals straight up, think about that as you riot and loot & pillage. :wink:

Nowhere in any article does it say he tried to kill the cops. But I would point this out. For years people have claimed that if you do what the cop says you won’t get hurt. He was complying. He was doing what they said.

Oh. And I live in Rural Georgia. There haven’t been any riots out here.

Nowhere in any article does it say he tried to kill the cops. But I would point this out. For years people have claimed that if you do what the cop says you won’t get hurt. He was complying. He was doing what they said.

:auiqs.jpg:

Looks like the cops were mad about the high speed chase, and this was their way of getting back at the suspect. I ordinarily support the police, but I don't see any reason for the dog to bite the guy who was keeping his hands empty & visible.

They could have moved in and cuffed the guy without the dog going at him. I wonder if the dog just got loose. If so, negligence on the police.

Even still, I'd say these kind of things are not common, and acting like they are, to bash the police, is not the right way to go.

The criminal is full of chit-----------stop the dog stop the dog stop the dog---after the dog had been pulled off and then I can't breath I can't breath nonsense......

He was complying after he took them on a high speed chase and after they caught him? Then he was screaming like a little girl over basically very little. Don't commit crimes and dont flee cops.

There's a way you can stop those dogs in their tracks and they'll platz immediately. But I'm not tellin. Ha.

As we can see, conservatives aren’t going to do anything to stop the brutality.

Rightists will continue to deflect and make excuses, claim these are only ‘isolated incidents’ and that no reform is needed.

And conservatives will repeat their usual lies about calling for law enforcement reform is being ‘anti-cop,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

To the OP’s question, it’s not going to stop as long as conservatives ignore the problem and oppose necessary, warranted reforms.

As we can see, conservatives aren’t going to do anything to stop the brutality.

Rightists will continue to deflect and make excuses, claim these are only ‘isolated incidents’ and that no reform is needed.

And conservatives will repeat their usual lies about calling for law enforcement reform is being ‘anti-cop,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

To the OP’s question, it’s not going to stop as long as conservatives ignore the problem and oppose necessary, warranted reforms.
Looks like you haven't read the posts. There were at least 3 conservatives who said the cops were wrong including me. When you blabber without knowing what you're talking about, you lose credibility in this forum - but in your case, it hardly matters.

When something bad happens there are many who wish to inflict their own punishment upon that person also BUT that is NOT how things work.

Are you really arguing that our enforcement system should simply accept street justice? If so we are going to become more than a violent nation and be an extremely violent nation. If my neighbor backs into my car can I send my dog over to attack him in retaliation?

We also see another example of poor training. Police officers giving conflicting demands. One command telling him to get up. Another telling him to lay down. Personally I believe dogs should not be used by the police.

Forum List

Back