Moonfall is ridiculous, but more believable than the Bible

PK1

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2015
Moonfall is a science fiction story, with emphasis on FICTION. The science is minimal. However, it’s more realistic than Superman or Marvel stories or Bible stories.
Moonfall is a “dramatic comedy”, and the comedy part should be expected & enjoyed, or you may be bored.
Many of the visuals were entertaining, but again, you have to be in a light-hearted mood.
The movie is worth a watch, especially on a big screen, and if something “better” is not available.

Moonfall is a science fiction story, with emphasis on FICTION. The science is minimal. However, it’s more realistic than Superman or Marvel stories or Bible stories.
Moonfall is a “dramatic comedy”, and the comedy part should be expected & enjoyed, or you may be bored.
Many of the visuals were entertaining, but again, you have to be in a light-hearted mood.
The movie is worth a watch, especially on a big screen, and if something “better” is not available.
A grade B Sci-Fi movie with rather poor reviews, I'll take your word for it and save the money. Hard to believe it took140 million dollars to make this movie. It cost 10 million to make 2001: A Space Odyssey which made 146 million at box office.

Last edited:
Isn’t that special.
1644460347740.jpeg

Archaeology Confirms 53 people mentioned in the Bible
53 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Reliability of the Old Testament

Amazon product

From The Smithsonian Museum

The Smithsonian's Statement on the Bible

“On the other hand, much of the Bible, in particular the historical books of the old testament, are as accurate historical documents as any that we have from antiquity and are in fact more accurate than many of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian, or Greek histories. These Biblical records can be and are used as are other ancient documents in archeological work. For the most part, historical events described took place and the peoples cited really existed. “

The New Testament Is Reliable as History

Is The New Testament Reliable as History?

Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Here are 4 examples of research that show it is

Archaeology Confirms 53 people mentioned in the Bible
53 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Reliability of the Old Testament

Amazon product

From The Smithsonian Museum

The Smithsonian's Statement on the Bible

“On the other hand, much of the Bible, in particular the historical books of the old testament, are as accurate historical documents as any that we have from antiquity and are in fact more accurate than many of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian, or Greek histories. These Biblical records can be and are used as are other ancient documents in archeological work. For the most part, historical events described took place and the peoples cited really existed. “

The New Testament Is Reliable as History

Is The New Testament Reliable as History?

Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Here are 4 examples of research that show it is

We expect sci-fi to be more realistic than fantasy. Things like suspended animation appear to be possible in not the too distant future. Although physics as we understand it today would not allow anything to travel at or above the speed of light, generational ships traveling at some fraction do seem possible.

The environment of the movie the characters are put in can be completely unrealistic as long the interpersonal relations between the characters seem realist. When actors start acting outside of their character, that's a serious problem and that's when the director has to step in and keep actor in character. Over or under acting a role is a common problem, however good directors we usually catch it.

Last edited:
Comparing the Bible to some Si-Fi piece of crap is typical of left wing bigots these days but not surprising. How about "more believable than Man Made Global Warming".

Comparing the Bible to some Si-Fi piece of crap is typical of left wing bigots these days but not surprising. How about "more believable than Man Made Global Warming".
I have read a couple of sci-fi novels set several hundred years in the future in which religion was a central part of the story and the author didn't slam religion at all. However, religion hundred years in the future was quite different than today just as it is quite different than hundreds of years in past.

I just watched the trailer and it looks astoundingly stupid. A combination of Armageddon, Don't Look Up, and Contact but really, really dumbed down. And if you've seen Don't Look Up, that's really saying something.

I just watched the trailer and it looks astoundingly stupid. A combination of Armageddon, Don't Look Up, and Contact but really, really dumbed down. And if you've seen Don't Look Up, that's really saying something.
Yes, it certainly appears that way.

I can't imagine the Academy will seriously consider giving Don't Look Up Best Picture. That thing is a pile of crap.

Yes, it certainly appears that way.

I can't imagine the Academy will seriously consider giving Don't Look Up Best Picture. That thing is a pile of crap.
Yeah, Netflix really hyped that movie before streaming it, and I fell for the hype.

God, that movie sucked. I wonder how all that talent got sucked into making it. I guess the producers spent so much money on the actors they had nothing left to pay a decent screenwriter.

Don't look up... should be renamed to Don't watch this.
Looking at the trailer it appears to be of the same schtick as Don't Look Up... really dumb and people doing things no one would do.
I can't get into that kind of "humor".

Yeah, Netflix really hyped that movie before streaming it, and I fell for the hype.

God, that movie sucked. I wonder how all that talent got sucked into making it. I guess the producers spent so much money on the actors they had nothing left to pay a decent screenwriter.
Rotten Tomatoes composite critic score was 55, which seems pretty generous. I think the reason for such a strong cast is that the filming started in 2020 when theaters were closed, production was stopped on many movies, and many actors did know when they would get back to work so it wouldn't be hard to get a good cast. The fact that the budget was only 75 million indicates that they were working cheap.

All in all the movie was at best disjointed. It seems Adam McKay wasn't sure what direction the movie would take and thus it wander off from a pretty good comedy to absurdity. The president is persuaded to support harvesting rare minerally off the comet as the end nears??? When earth is near destruction, the president and the bad guy fly to another world to be eaten by a giant bird thousands of years in the future. Back on earth friends and family joint hands and contemplate their navel as the world blows up.

Forum List

Back