Stranger Things

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Stranger Things is a series available on Netflix set in the 1980s in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. It focuses on a group of teens who become involved in investigating strange mysterious happens in their town. So far there are 3 season with a different story each season but featuring the same characters. It has garnered 12 prime time Emmy Awards.

Is it good ,yes but as any production, it depends on what you like. Rotten Tomatoes have give in a 93% rating. The target audience is over 14 due to the amount of violence. There are no erotic sex scenes but there are lead in scenes to sex. A thirds of all viewers that watch all episodes are 19 to 29. The remainder of viewers are spread fairly evenly between age 14 and 70. I have watched the first season and most of 2nd and have found it to be exciting, at times, heartbreaking, and sometimes really scary. The stories have quite a bit of mystery in them as to what happened to the boy, who is the this strange girl, and who and what is the monster. Don't expect every question to be answered in an episode or a season. I expect some questions will never be answered. I guess that is why so many people who watch a couple of episodes are hooked.

Last edited:
I give it an 11
There are several things I did not like in the series. What did you not like about it? I have not watched the whole series but expect 11 will return. There were hints dropped in the second season.

I have a problem with teen movies, I guess because I have raise 5 teens. Some times I think these movies are written by teens for people who were never teens. As these movies go, I think this one is pretty good, by certainly not the best.

I am surprised that there has not been any conservatives attacking the movie claiming it promotes transgender behavior since 11 does not look much like girl and Mike looks pretty effeminate with that hair style.

Last edited:
I liked the first season. But then I got grossed out when 11 started making out with that stick boy. Then after that, it got boring.

We liked the first season, but then it just got too weird and juvenile and we stopped watching it mid season 2
Obviously it's juvenile but I haven't seen anything in the 2nd season more weird than 1st. I doubt I will watch the 3rd season as the plot is running a bit thin. There is going to be a 4th season but I can't see how they can stretch this story into another season.

Not sure who you are referring to
Stick boy??
That skinny kid she has a crush on and him her. Gross.
And no further seasons will be worth a damn anyway since they have all grown up, more or less. Its a kiddie show. Its soon to be a high school age show. No thanks.

Stranger Things is a series available on Netflix set in the 1980s in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. It focuses on a group of teens who become involved in investigating strange mysterious happens in their town. So far there are 3 season with a different story each season but featuring the same characters. It has garnered 12 prime time Emmy Awards.

Is it good ,yes but as any production, it depends on what you like. Rotten Tomatoes have give in a 93% rating. The target audience is over 14 due to the amount of violence. There are no erotic sex scenes but there are lead in scenes to sex. A thirds of all viewers that watch all episodes are 19 to 29. The remainder of viewers are spread fairly evenly between age 14 and 70. I have watched the first season and most of 2nd and have found it to be exciting, at times, heartbreaking, and sometimes really scary. The stories have quite a bit of mystery in them as to what happened to the boy, who is the this strange girl, and who and what is the monster. Don't expect every question to be answered in an episode or a season. I expect some questions will never be answered. I guess that is why so many people who watch a couple of episodes are hooked.
My youngest daughter loooooves Stranger Things, so I of course have had to watch it as required by parental bonding laws.

My daughter was born about 50 years too late. She loves rock and roll from the 60s and 70s and movies from the 80s, so Stranger Things is right up her alley as it is set in the 80s.

I enjoyed the first season. Each subsequent season was...meh.

Some of those kids will go on to very successful careers. The girl who plays 11 made a pretty good movie playing Sherlock Holmes's kid sister. I had been watching for about an hour trying to figure out where I knew her from before it hit me.

Anyway, I can see how kids would like it. Adults? It's hit or miss.

My youngest daughter loooooves Stranger Things, so I of course have had to watch it as required by parental bonding laws.

My daughter was born about 50 years too late. She loves rock and roll from the 60s and 70s and movies from the 80s, so Stranger Things is right up her alley as it is set in the 80s.

Some of those kids will go on to very successful careers. The girl who plays 11 made a pretty good movie playing Sherlock Holmes's kid sister. I had been watching for about an hour trying to figure out where I knew her from before it hit me.

Anyway, I can see how kids would like it. Adults? It's hit or miss

Anyway, I can see how kids would like it. Adults? It's hit or miss.
It's hard to believe it's the same girl. Millie Bobby Brown is a good actress. I liked the first session of Stranger Things even thou it is targeted at young adults. The second season seem pretty good but, I think a third season is going to be hard to watch as the storyline is getting a bit worn and now a 4th session. Can't imagine how they will stretch this into 4 seasons. Actors playing these teens are 6 years older than when session 1 was shot.

Tried to watch this latest season but couldn't. Seeing Eleven face sucking that stick boy just grossed me out too much.

Tried to watch this latest season but couldn't. Seeing Eleven face sucking that stick boy just grossed me out too much.
I thought it was a good final season

Cant wait for the final two episodes

I resisted watching this because I thought it was straight horror and I just don't like scary movies. But then someone said it was more like the Goonies in the 80s, so I gave it a try. Well it is scary actually but now I'm hooked.

The 80s is done really, really well in this--right down to the details, which is uncanny to me. I was almost the exact same age as the characters in the series in 83-86, so that's amazing, looking back at how much things have changed and how things used to be.

I'm through the first two seasons and just started three. Can definitely see how season 1 is strongest. Millie Brown was a revelation early on. I didn't know much of anything about her or the series--whoa. What a remarkable young actress. And Winona as Joyce is also amazing. A couple people have told me I have Joyce vibes and I can totally see that-- I'm small, dark-eyed and bird-like, as she is. I love Winona Ryder. Just a class act.

Anyway I will definitely see the series through. It's too good not to finish, even though I can see the first season was strongest. Too much fun to watch the strong cast and 80s details.

Forum List

Back