Moody's... Obama and the Dems are lying about the Debt Celiing Crisis.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I wonder if the Press is going to hit Obama and the Democrats with this?

In a memo being circulated on Capitol Hill Wednesday, Moody’s Investors Service offers “answers to frequently asked questions” about the government shutdown, now in its second week, and the federal debt limit. President Obama has said that, unless Congress acts to raise the $16.7 trillion limit by next Thursday, the nation will be at risk of default.

Not so, Moody’s says in the memo dated Oct. 7.

” We believe the government would continue to pay interest and principal on its debt even in the event that the debt limit is not raised, leaving its creditworthiness intact,” the memo says. “The debt limit restricts government expenditures to the amount of its incoming revenues; it does not prohibit the government from servicing its debt. There is no direct connection between the debt limit (actually the exhaustion of the Treasury’s extraordinary measures to raise funds) and a default.

I doubt it... But if it were an honest press they would.

why would i care what moody's says? they are part of the problem with how our economy got into this mess.

Perhaps because they would be the ones to lower the Country's Credit Score if there was a problem.

I wonder if the Press is going to hit Obama and the Democrats with this?

In a memo being circulated on Capitol Hill Wednesday, Moody’s Investors Service offers “answers to frequently asked questions” about the government shutdown, now in its second week, and the federal debt limit. President Obama has said that, unless Congress acts to raise the $16.7 trillion limit by next Thursday, the nation will be at risk of default.

Not so, Moody’s says in the memo dated Oct. 7.

” We believe the government would continue to pay interest and principal on its debt even in the event that the debt limit is not raised, leaving its creditworthiness intact,” the memo says. “The debt limit restricts government expenditures to the amount of its incoming revenues; it does not prohibit the government from servicing its debt. There is no direct connection between the debt limit (actually the exhaustion of the Treasury’s extraordinary measures to raise funds) and a default.

I doubt it... But if it were an honest press they would.

Paying interest on the Treasury Notes is only one of many debts the Government must pay. Most media outlet have explained all that. If the fed can't borrow any money to pay it's debts somebody is not going to get paid.

Expenditures would have to be cut. I say the President should close up half the military bases we have scattered about the world. End the War on recreational drug users. Blanket amnesty for all non-criminal illegal aliens.

Last edited:
Paying interest on the Treasury Notes is only one of many debts the Government must pay. Most media outlet have explained all that. If the fed can't borrow any money to pay it's debts somebody is not going to get paid.

Expenditures would have to be cut. I say the President should close up half the military bases we have scattered about the world. End the War on recreational drug users. Blanket amnesty for all non-criminal illegal aliens.

I only have problems with the last two suggestions.

I have long advocated the closure of all military bases except one in each of the major regions of the world and that one would be a Super-Base with both Ocean and air access for the Navy and Air Force.

Just as we should shut down all these Consulates and such and only have one or two Major Embassies in each region of the world. That would hopefully stop the political awarding of embassies to political donars.

I only have problems with the last two suggestions.

I have long advocated the closure of all military bases except one in each of the major regions of the world and that one would be a Super-Base with both Ocean and air access for the Navy and Air Force.

Just as we should shut down all these Consulates and such and only have one or two Major Embassies in each region of the world. That would hopefully stop the political awarding of embassies to political donars.

Well at least we can agree on that huh?

why would i care what moody's says? they are part of the problem with how our economy got into this mess.

Moody's a major ratings agency with a lot of knowledge of budgets and so forth. They represent an expert opinion.
Since their expert opinion differs from what Rachel Maddow told you last night you must dismiss it in any manner possible.

Yes...If the message violates the narrative, impugn the messenger.
DO you really think anyone else besides the Obama camp is sticking by the 'shy will fall' bullshit story?
Think again.
Obama wants a blank check.
He wants the GOP to capitulate to his demands. Then he 'said' he would negotiate.
We've heard this music before. It's a shit show.
And the GOP isn't paying to see the concert.

Moody's a major ratings agency with a lot of knowledge of budgets and so forth. They represent an expert opinion.
Since their expert opinion differs from what Rachel Maddow told you last night you must dismiss it in any manner possible.

Of course.
The Obama bots have nothing else.

i dont watch cable news....but hey once again you are wrong. Moody's is part of the problem.their "expert" opinion helped create the mess we are currently in. but then you are too stupid to see that. Thus im done talking with you

Immediately.

Yes...If the message violates the narrative, impugn the messenger.
DO you really think anyone else besides the Obama camp is sticking by the 'shy will fall' bullshit story?
Think again.
Obama wants a blank check.
He wants the GOP to capitulate to his demands. Then he 'said' he would negotiate.
We've heard this music before. It's a shit show.
And the GOP isn't paying to see the concert.

not really, i hope moody is right and it wont hurt the economy, i just dont care for their opinion.

i dont watch cable news....but hey once again you are wrong. Moody's is part of the problem.their "expert" opinion helped create the mess we are currently in. but then you are too stupid to see that. Thus im done talking with you

You have no clue what it is you are posting about..
But for a moment, Oh Great One...I have a question...
If you don't care about what Moody's states, then why are you and those on your side so worried about the US Govt Credit Rating?
A rating set by MOODY's....
You see, you set and stepped into your own trap.
The trap is wanting to have it both ways.
Pick a side, Elroy. Either Moody's is to be dismissed or your next breath is dependent on the US Govt credit rating.
Oh, one other question.....IN what way is Moody's 'part of the problem"?
Give examples. I don't want to see you post what you think or believe. I want you to post what you know.
Have at it.

How did Moody's create the economic malaise of the Obama years? Yeah, they didnt. And never mind the thousands of companies and muncipalities they rate every year accurately.
You once again show yourself ill informed and incapable of debate. You are a worthless piece of grit.

Forum List

Back