Money In Politics

We are INTENTIONALLY not a Democracy
We are a Representative Republic.
Majority makes the rules while protecting minority rights.
That is the anthesis of Majority Mob Rule.
Again, this is not this hard.
Neither is this:
2012-state-size-by-campaign-events-v4-biglabels-small.png

"The National Popular Vote bill has been enacted by 16 jurisdictions possessing 196 electoral votes, including 4 small states (DE, HI, RI, VT), 8 medium-sized states (CO, CT, MD, MA, NJ, NM, OR, WA), 3 big states (CA, IL, NY), and the District of Columbia.

"The bill will take effect when enacted by states with 74 more electoral votes.

"The bill has passed at least one chamber in 9 additional states with 88 more electoral votes (AR, AZ, ME, MI, MN, NC, NV, OK, VA). A total of 3,408 state legislators from all 50 states have endorsed it."

Allowing the POTUS to be elected by voters in a handful of swing states doesn't represent a republic or democracy; if you're afraid of popular sovereignty, move to Russia or China.

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

Totally does not understand how the constitution was set up.

That's another one. Regulations.

If I have the power to regulate the blazes out of your business and make it extremely difficult for you to get off the ground, why do you think that happened?

It happened because your competitors who have been around for decades paid me beaucoup dollars to make it harder for you to compete against them.

Nailed it.

So we go into debt for it. Or we do not plane to pay down the interest as quick as we can. There are people who have done nothing but collect the interest and have gotten rich beyond any dream.
For thousands of years the conflict between creditors and debtors has destroyed empires through an eternal political revolution; it is happening here:

Democracy and Debt | Michael Hudson

"Book V of Aristotle’s Politics describes the eternal transition of oligarchies making themselves into hereditary aristocracies – which end up being overthrown by tyrants or develop internal rivalries as some families decide to 'take the multitude into their camp' and usher in democracy, within which an oligarchy emerges once again, followed by aristocracy, democracy, and so on throughout history.

"Debt has been the main dynamic driving these shifts – always with new twists and turns.

"It polarizes wealth to create a creditor class, whose oligarchic rule is ended as new leaders ('tyrants' to Aristotle) win popular support by cancelling the debts and redistributing property or taking its usufruct for the state."

Totally does not understand how the constitution was set up.
The Constitution was set up to allow a small minority to establish a "free" market based on stolen land, genocide, and chattel slavery; do you regret missing out on that?

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

"Similarly, in 2016, almost all campaign events (94%) were in the 12 states where Trump’s support was between 43% and 51%. Two-thirds of the events (273 of 399) were in just 6 states (OH, FL, VA, NC, PA, MI)."
campaign-map-2016.png

Sure, because government is mostly run by corporatists. They want to privatize the things that should remain solely the responsibility of government (like prisons), and socialize things they have no business encroaching on - like health care.
Because lowering the cost of living and doing business is a bad thing? How can anyone as economically ignorant as you waste bandwidth on a daily basis?
9n671d4d77a11.jpg

22 studies agree: 'Medicare for All' saves money

^
Thinks having the government take over makes something cheaper. Hilarious!!!

Sure, because government is mostly run by corporatists. They want to privatize the things that should remain solely the responsibility of government (like prisons), and socialize things they have no business encroaching on - like health care.
Because lowering the cost of living and doing business is a bad thing? How can anyone as economically ignorant as you waste bandwidth on a daily basis?
9n671d4d77a11.jpg

22 studies agree: 'Medicare for All' saves money

^
Thinks having the government take over makes something cheaper. Hilarious!!!

Never in the history of history

Here's the state of American democracy. You get one vote for president. So does Sheldon Adelson. Except—being a multi-billionaire — Adelson gets to invest $176 million in this campaign to elect Republican candidates who represent the rich and the powerful. We must overturn Citizens United and move to public funding of elections. We need a real democracy of one person, one vote, not an oligarchy in which billionaires buy elections

Here's the state of American democracy. You get one vote for president. So does Sheldon Adelson. Except—being a multi-billionaire — Adelson gets to invest $176 million in this campaign to elect Republican candidates who represent the rich and the powerful. We must overturn Citizens United and move to public funding of elections. We need a real democracy of one person, one vote, not an oligarchy in which billionaires buy elections

Except—being a multi-billionaire — Adelson gets to invest $176 million in this campaign to elect Republican candidates who represent the rich and the powerful.

And we know the candidate with the most money always wins.
Just ask President Bloomberg.

We must overturn Citizens United and move to public funding of elections.

Nah.

How does their money stop you from voting ?

Are you saying American is to stupid to know the difference ?

Well, after reading the left wing fucks on this board, I might agree.

If you'd prefer lower quality with rationing and long lines, Canada or the UK are the places for you.

Let us know if you survive.
full.png

How does U.S. life expectancy compare to other countries? - Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker

Be nice to have the data.

It is rarely an apples to apples comparison.

And with so many blacks out there killing each other...the curve is pulled down.

I've seen curves for upper class white people from all countries...and I am feeling pretty good about things.

"i've never banged a Republican. i can screw their brains out, but not screw their brains in" - Bill Maher

it's the Republicans who don't have brains, folks!

Let's say I have the power to give your business a giant tax deduction worth millions of dollars. How much would you be willing to spend on my campaign? How many lobbyists would you hire to petition me?

Let's say I don't have the power to give your business a giant tax deduction. How much would spend on my campaign now? How many lobbyists would you hire to petition me?

See how that works?

The more power we give to government, the more money will be spent on politics. There is no getting around it, folks.

The words are straightfoward.

The logic is irrefutable.

And the proof of the concept abounds.

"i've never banged a Republican. i can screw their brains out, but not screw their brains in" - Bill Maher

it's the Republicans who don't have brains, folks!

Please let me know subject you'd like to discuss and we'll see who has more brains.

Otherwise, your assertion is bullshit.

Kindly go fuckyorself.

And while you're at it, consider how those with no brains beat your ass in 2016.

Forum List

Back