Mitt Kills at Al Smith Dinner

Earned? You mean like when he was elected president?

He earned the office, but has lost any respect that office deserves in the last 3 and a 1/2 years.
I'll admit I'm partisan. I'll admit I respect Mitt Romney. The difference is that I can tell you why I do.
A man does not automatically deserve respect, or scorn, for the color of his father's skin. He gains or loses respect for his actions and character. Since barack obama has been in the White House, he has done nothing to earn my respect and a hell of a lot to lose what little I had.

Let me guess he lost your respect when he insisted that all people should be able to get the same access to healthcare. That's what did it, isn't it? I can understand that such a vile action would cause you to lose respect for him.

Is it that you dont get it or is it that you want to make believe you dont get it?

And when I say "it" I am referring to the conservative ideology.

The thing that makes good humor is underlying truth...like when Romney talked about the one person that stood behind each of the candidates and who without which they wouldn't be able to go on another day...Anne Romney for him and Bill Clinton for Barack Obama.

C'mon...that's funny stuff. Romney had funnier stuff to work with because Obama's become a bit of a "sacred cow" and those are always the easiest to poke fun at.

And his dig at the Main Stream Media was so subtle it could have been missed but the bias against conservatives BY the Main Stream Media is so blatant at this point that it's impossible TO miss and he got a big laugh out of it.

He earned the office, but has lost any respect that office deserves in the last 3 and a 1/2 years.
I'll admit I'm partisan. I'll admit I respect Mitt Romney. The difference is that I can tell you why I do.
A man does not automatically deserve respect, or scorn, for the color of his father's skin. He gains or loses respect for his actions and character. Since barack obama has been in the White House, he has done nothing to earn my respect and a hell of a lot to lose what little I had.

Let me guess he lost your respect when he insisted that all people should be able to get the same access to healthcare. That's what did it, isn't it? I can understand that such a vile action would cause you to lose respect for him.

He never "insisted" on anything in the health care debate. He was notably absent. He never said he wanted all people to get the access to healthcare. Nor is the same access to healthcare guaranteed in Obamacare.
So other than being completely wrong, factually challenged, and fucking brain dead, that was a brilliant post from one of the leading dim bulbs of USMB.

Oh well, someone once told me "that's what happens when blacks run things".

Hang on to that race card, there guy. Someone is bound to be influenced, somewhere, if you throw in an obamaphone.

What do you mean by race card? I do not follow.

Seriously???

You claim Conservatives are against barack obama because of his complexion and you don't understand why I use the term "race card"? I really thought you had a bit more intelligence than rdweeb. I guess I was wrong.

Where did I say generalize all conservatives? I said Rabbi. I didn't generalize, I was very specific.

Rabbi is a racist and does not represent the majority of conservatives. If he did, I would have said so.

Is that better?

Earned? You mean like when he was elected president?

Should we all have the same access to Corvettes too? What's wrong with paying a fair price for a service? Where in the Constitution does it say I should pay your cardiologist?

Is it that you dont get it or is it that you want to make believe you dont get it?

I'm just wondering what action(s) caused him to lose respect. He may not agree with his policies but that's different than losing respect for him. At least it is for me. I didn't care for Bush's policies, but I didn't consider anything he did worthy of losing respect for the president of our country.

You won't get the same access to health care. It is always been a source of mystery that people actually think that they will get care under obamacare. What is the basis for this belief? Has it ever happened?

I'm just wondering what action(s) caused him to lose respect. He may not agree with his policies but that's different than losing respect for him. At least it is for me. I didn't care for Bush's policies, but I didn't consider anything he did worthy of losing respect for the president of our country.

He lost my respect when he changed his position on public financing.....when he saw how much money he could bring in.

Should we all have the same access to Corvettes too? What's wrong with paying a fair price for a service? Where in the Constitution does it say I should pay your cardiologist?

No, because a Corvette has nothing to do with life and death. Try harder. A corvette is a luxury item (to rednecks but that's a different argument) and healthcare is, I feel as do many others, a basic necessity.

There is nothing wrong with paying a price for a service. Where did I say there was?

He lost my respect when he changed his position on public financing.....when he saw how much money he could bring in.

Fair enough. That's a valid reason. I too lost some respect for him for that as well.

lets compare apples to apples....

Healthcare for all is great.....so are heavy winter coats.....good solid toe steeled winter boots.....clean underwear at all times.....a nicve clean shirt everyday......a nice place to live in a nice quiet neighborhood...a computer for all.....

They dont get it...where do you draw the line?

What good is healthcare if you are going to freeze to death?

He never "insisted" on anything in the health care debate. He was notably absent. He never said he wanted all people to get the access to healthcare. Nor is the same access to healthcare guaranteed in Obamacare.
So other than being completely wrong, factually challenged, and fucking brain dead, that was a brilliant post from one of the leading dim bulbs of USMB.

Oh well, someone once told me "that's what happens when blacks run things".

racecard.jpg

Fair enough. That's a valid reason. I too lost some respect for him for that as well.

I was watching him in the primaries...I was a Hillary fan believe it or not....I still am.....but I was enamored by his presence...like many were....and I was interested in his vision...and I believed he may be different...honest.....

The he flip flopped when he saw he could rake in the big bucks.

And that was the end of that.

Why look at his record when his skin color is enough to tell you what kind of leader he is. Right?

What an opportune occasion to provide the reason for a post such as yours:

"Liberals took blacks as their pets, and then tried to kill them off by patronizing them to death. Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line: “Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”
Coulter, "Mugged."

When will you realize that you're no more than a caricature of yourself?

So you agree with Rabbis racist views? Got it. I'll remember that next time you respond to one of my posts.

Don't you realize that accusing anyone with an opposing view of being "RACIST" is so five minutes ago?

Folks just roll their eyes as your ineptitude.

Wise up.

What do you mean by race card? I do not follow.

Seriously???

You claim Conservatives are against barack obama because of his complexion and you don't understand why I use the term "race card"? I really thought you had a bit more intelligence than rdweeb. I guess I was wrong.

Where did I say generalize all conservatives? I said Rabbi. I didn't generalize, I was very specific.

Rabbi is a racist and does not represent the majority of conservatives. If he did, I would have said so.

Is that better?

Rabbi is racist in your mind, only because he opposes a man that you see first and foremost as black. I got news for you, son, he opposes obama's white half too.

It wasn't a political event. Many in the crowd were very uncomfortable. The president showed class. Mitt showed he has no respect for anyone. Not even other people's religions and certainly not the president. A perfect reflection of what today's Republican Party has become.

how ironic, we've been laughing at your post as long as zeros been prez.:D

No, because a Corvette has nothing to do with life and death. Try harder. A corvette is a luxury item (to rednecks but that's a different argument) and healthcare is, I feel as do many others, a basic necessity.

There is nothing wrong with paying a price for a service. Where did I say there was?

So should a homeless person be affoprded the right to live in a nice one bedroom apartment at the cost of the tax payer?

lets compare apples to apples....

Healthcare for all is great.....so are heavy winter coats.....good solid toe steeled winter boots.....clean underwear at all times.....a nicve clean shirt everyday......a nice place to live in a nice quiet neighborhood...a computer for all.....

They dont get it...where do you draw the line?

What good is healthcare if you are going to freeze to death?

Good point. Where do you draw the line? Obviously corvettes is ridiculous. Winter coats I could understand to an extent but I don't think qualifies. Sure a case could be made for it, but I believe that just the absolute basics should qualify. That means, food, shelter and healthcare. The other stuff is nice, but not universally necessary for life.

I was watching him in the primaries...I was a Hillary fan believe it or not....I still am.....but I was enamored by his presence...like many were....and I was interested in his vision...and I believed he may be different...honest.....

The he flip flopped when he saw he could rake in the big bucks.

And that was the end of that.

Yeah, I lost some respect when he caved in on the public option so quickly and when he failed to close GITMO as promised. But I'm guessing that those who say they don't respect him are confusing respect with liking his policies.

Forum List

Back