Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

I used the treatment of blacks in Chicago to show democrats HAVE ALWAYS oppressed blacks. Never changed
Which has nothing to do with OP.

Stay on topic, skinhead.
They are connected cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by democrats

No they're not, skinhead.

You hate black people. That's all there is to it, Holocaust denier.
Soooo who runs Chicago? And what party wanted slavery?

Perhaps the blob supporters will believe Prager U professors.

It just shows we went from one wrong to another, we can't seem to get it right with blacks.

It started with us treating them like crap, paying them nothing or next to nothing, and expecting them to work sunup to sundown every day just to be alive.

Now, we coddle them, pay them money to NOT work and give them their own "history month" and a bunch of other bullshit they haven't done anything to earn.

Me thinks somewhere in the middle is the right place to be.

Well if we can ever get the fucking Democrats out of the picture the blacks may finally be included in this country.

Which day will be lynching day?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

Democrats were lynching blacks right up to the 1960s.

No, whites were lynching us. And then when you try pinning this on the democrats, why did republicans allow it to stay legal? You see, this is an example of the problem with your disingenuous tales of republican love for blacks.
‘Us’? Who is ‘us’? You were being lynched?

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
The 13 British colonies of America were not the United States, either. Should we erase and censor that history, too? Just to appease your racist neo-nazi bigotry?

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month

How pathetic is that. Still celebrating the defense of slavery and the idiocy of the Civil War all these years after it has been declared a crime against humanity. One must never under-estimate the complete pigheadedness of white men.

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
The 13 British colonies of America were not the United States, either. Should we erase and censor that history, too? Just to appease your racist neo-nazi bigotry?
Dont see us celebrating it

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Abraham Lincoln was a dictatorial, bloodthirsty ghoul and war criminal who purposely, and without qualms, directed the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Americans. It should be no surprise that Karl Marx was a great admirer of Lincoln. As for Mirabeau, he celebrates the birth of John Wilkes Booth each and every year.

How pathetic is that. Still celebrating the defense of slavery and the idiocy of the Civil War all these years after it has been declared a crime against humanity. One must never under-estimate the complete pigheadedness of white men.
It was about states’ rights, one of which was slavery. The northern states did not care about slaves and had no intention of welcoming them there. The plan was to ship them back to Africa. That’s why when they ultimately migrated north the racist northern states relegated them to urban ghettos.
People who try to judge history with standards of modern eras display their own bigotry.
You have a dishonest agenda.

Thank you Mississippi for not erasing American history like many other states have done. ... :thup:

Hate to break it to you, but the confederacy seceded from the US and formed its own country. So it is not US history that will be celebrated.

The stated policy of the United States is that the act of secession was illegal, thus the southern states did not actually leave the Union, which is also why it was ok for the North to wage a war to "preserve the Union".

If you believe the south seceded, as your statement implies, then the Civil War, really was "The War of Northern Aggression".

Don't you hate it, when people point out the actual meanings of words?

Speaking of the meaning of words: Where, PRECISELY, in the Constitution of the United States of America is the language which denies a state the right to secede from the union? Don't provide us with any senseless bloviations about how this or that court has ruled . . . but, instead, direct us to the specific language in the Constitution which prohibits secession.

None. The states that seceded in 1860 were never recognized as having seceded, but merely as states in rebellion.

It was about states’ rights, one of which was slavery. The northern states did not care about slaves and had no intention of welcoming them there. The plan was to ship them back to Africa. That’s why when they ultimately migrated north the racist northern states relegated them to urban ghettos.
People who try to judge history with standards of modern eras display their own bigotry.
You have a dishonest agenda.

I'm not judging history. I'm judging the celebration of the Confederacy with a Confederacy Heritage Month, in 2020. Given the horrors and excesses of slavery, this would be akin to the Germany people declaring a Nazi Heritage month, and just as welcome.

You also have 30% of the state being black, and consider Confederate symbols racist and threatening. So it's really fucking rude to a third of the residents. But then it's intended to be. To remind them who's boss.

Forum List

Back