Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

Lol poor democrats trying to change history haha to funny

Says the Holocaust denier.

Do you know that President Obama sent a wreath to the Confederate Memorial at Arlington?

irrelevant.jpg

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month
I have mixed opinions of this topic. On one side, the Confederacy was funded by those who had slaves and that was the main reason for separating from the union. The slaves work and the slavers gains. On the other side of this were the misled, largely uneducated southern farmers who went to war, being told that the "Yankees" were coming to take their land. I'm sure that the vast majority of those who enlisted into the Confederate army, believed that they were simply protecting their farmlands. I can feel sorry for those who were misled into fighting for a horrendous cause, while despising those who fought specifically so that humans could be held in bondage. A good twentieth century example is World War II. The Nazi regime was an abhorrent creation, however, the average German soldier was oblivious to the government's monstrous activities regarding Jews, Gypsies, and the handicapped.
The southern farmers knew that slavery existed, but didn't know that, that was what the war was really about. After the war the former German soldiers weren't reviled, but the true Nazi party members were. So, we can't and shouldn't hate the simple enlisted soldiers of the Confederacy, only those that funded the war and owned slaves.

Do you know that President Obama sent a wreath to the Confederate Memorial at Arlington?

irrelevant.jpg

No, you're tying to make the case that the Confederacy was so bad that only bad racist people want to commemorate anything from it.

That the first black President, one that was a hero to the Left, honored the Confederate Dead at Arlington, with a wreath,

is relevant.

Actually, your inability to honestly address that factoid, is what I was going for.

You are stuck. You can't oppose Obama, cause that would be Wacism.

You can't support his action, becaus that would be wacism.

SO, you dodge, and deflect.

irrelevant.jpg

No, you're tying to make the case that the Confederacy was so bad that only bad racist people want to commemorate anything from it.

That the first black President, one that was a hero to the Left, honored the Confederate Dead at Arlington, with a wreath,

is relevant.

Actually, your inability to honestly address that factoid, is what I was going for.

You are stuck. You can't oppose Obama, cause that would be Wacism.

You can't support his action, becaus that would be wacism.

SO, you dodge, and deflect.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. You hate Democrats.

You're white knighting for a neo-Nazi white nationalist. You're not smart enough to realize what's happening here.

So GTFO.

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

I have mixed opinions of this topic. On one side, the Confederacy was funded by those who had slaves and that was the main reason for separating from the union. The slaves work and the slavers gains. On the other side of this were the misled, largely uneducated southern farmers who went to war, being told that the "Yankees" were coming to take their land. I'm sure that the vast majority of those who enlisted into the Confederate army, believed that they were simply protecting their farmlands. I can feel sorry for those who were misled into fighting for a horrendous cause, while despising those who fought specifically so that humans could be held in bondage. A good twentieth century example is World War II. The Nazi regime was an abhorrent creation, however, the average German soldier was oblivious to the government's monstrous activities regarding Jews, Gypsies, and the handicapped.
The southern farmers knew that slavery existed, but didn't know that, that was what the war was really about. After the war the former German soldiers weren't reviled, but the true Nazi party members were. So, we can't and shouldn't hate the simple enlisted soldiers of the Confederacy, only those that funded the war and owned slaves.

That's rather harsh. Hitler killed himself and had he not, would have eventually been put to death. Jefferson Davis on the other hand, was eventually given a pardon and lived to be a ripe old age.

That's rather harsh. Hitler killed himself and had he not, would have eventually been put to death. Jefferson Davis on the other hand, was eventually given a pardon and lived to be a ripe old age.
Even after the Civil War was over, Jefferson Davis, refused to swear an oath to support the United States. He should have been locked up, but Andrew Johnson sympathized with the South.

Jefferson Davis raised regiments to defend America from murderous thugs that invaded to kill Americans and take away their arms. God bless him.

That shithead Lincoln raised thug regiments to kill Americans and take away their arms. Piss on him.

jilter whines about black murders in Chicago in a thread about Mississippi and says other posters should stay on topic.

:lol:

Too funny.

What a 'tard.
I used the treatment of blacks in Chicago to show democrats HAVE ALWAYS oppressed blacks. Never changed

Clearly, Flash is a white supremacist. Sad that such individuals still exist.

Scalawags, carpet baggers, and revenuers like yourself would have been tarred, feathered, and ridden out of town on a rail. Or even strung up.

Forum List

Back