Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

Breaking News...

The South lost the Civil War.

No one is saying otherwise....

Are you ok?

LOL..it appeared to me that there are more than a few people like yourself who needed a history lesson.

From the proclamation:

..”as we honor all who lost their lives in this war, it is important for all Americans to reflect upon our nation’s past, to gain insight from our mistakes and successes, and to come to a full understanding that the lessons learned yesterday and today will carry us through tomorrow if we carefully and earnestly strive to understand our heritage and our opportunities which lie before us.”

What successes were there from the civil war? What is there to appreciate from a rebellion that took 600,000 American lives?

YOu were supposedly proving that some people are saying the South did not lose the war?

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?
Apparently you are too dense to understand sarcasm.

Honoring the sacrifices of your ancestors, is not a denial that they lost.

So, your point, was just stupid. It was not funny, nor sarcastic.

Unless, you think that only proper behavior for the South is walling in the type of white guilt that you modern libs like.

Mmm, that is it isn't it. That is what pisses you off. That they are not walling in white guilt?

Dude.

View attachment 321117
In a society that was built on racism and was 40 percent in slavery you only seem to want to celebrate the 60 percent.

Hell, dude: We only got 10% of the total amount of slaves brought to the Americas. South American countries got the other 90%, but I don't hear you people giving them any shit about it.
We are not South America or the Caribbean

We are responsible for our own choices. Slavery was not our finest hour

Ahhh, I see. So you don't mind if any other country uses slave labor, just not here.

Don't use that lousy excuse. Those like you bitch about globalism, you support trump because he tells you he's America first, but when it comes to race, suddenly you're a globalist, concerned with things that happen in other countries so as yo can excuse your mother fucking racism.

IM2, I asked you to use the term, "Evul Wacism". Why are you not doing that?

It would be perfect in this post of yours. Really give you the perfect "retarded child" vibe you are so obviously going for.
Is that how they say it at your Tuesday night Klan meetings?

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
Which day will be lynching day?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

Democrats were lynching blacks right up to the 1960s.

No, whites were lynching us. And then when you try pinning this on the democrats, why did republicans allow it to stay legal? You see, this is an example of the problem with your disingenuous tales of republican love for blacks.
You are aware the KKK lynched just as many white people as black, no? Probably not, because you're pretty fucking oblivious.
My grandma stopped 3 of them from hanging her dad with a butcher knife, boy.

I just got the expanded schedule. These are the commemorative days of all the things we remember about the Confederacy

April 1 - Confederacy Day
April 2 - Lynching Commemorative Day
April 3 - Pork Rinds Day
April 4 - NASCAR Day
April 5 - Education is a Waste of Time Day
April 6 - Segregation Day
April 7 - The Civil War Was a Tie Day
April 8 - White Nationalism Day
April 9 - Rename the Country "United States of Trump" Day
April 10 - Repeal Mixed Race Dating Day
April 11 - Inbreeding Day
April 12 - Cross Burning Day
April 13 - College Football Day
April 14 - Moonshine Day
April 15 - Banjo-Picking Day
April 16 - Fuck Is It Ever Hot Down Here Day
April 17 - Blame The Civil War on Everything Except Slavery Day
April 18 - Don't Brush Your Teeth Day
April 19 - Bring Back the $3 Poll Tax Day
April 20 - Black People Had it Good Under Slavery Day
April 21 - No Blacks, Jews or Catholics Day
April 22 - Whine About Not Being Able to Say "N1gger" But Black People Can Day
April 23 - Yankee Go Home Day
April 24 - Dred Scott Commemoration Day
April 25 - Pro Wrasslin' Day
April 26 - Women Know Their Place Day
April 27 - Couldn't Think of Anything for This Day
April 28 - Bull Connor Day
April 29 - Squirrel Meal Day
April 30 - Jeff Foxworthy Day
What a pile of Woketard bullshit.

As to inbreeding, the royals of Europe set the record on that, dumbass.

Celebrating the heritage of a group of people who fought a war to retain the right own, rape, buy and sell human beings seems a bit dicey.
Wait what?!

Really you don't know about the yankee factory owner sweatshop-runners that imposed tariffs on Southern goods just to process them?
In the US?

That's more what the war was about, sister.

They tried to tell us all down south we were just peons and they could do what the fuck they wanted. Meanwhile, we're the supply of their agriculture and cotton. That's the reality of how that was.

How many peppers are grown in NY, hmm? This is reality here.
Slavery was not very prevalent here. The rule was if you made it South of uh-oh..St.Johns or St. Mary's river, you were a free man here and accepted as such.
Not many slave-bounty people cared to traverse the terrain to get down heanh.
There's a shit-ton of things that can kill ya.
Mad blacks, sympathetic crackers, Diamondbacks, Moccasins, Gators, Crocodiles. Hostile against yankees Indians. Swamp. Quicksand.

Last edited:
Celebrating the heritage of a group of people who fought a war to retain the right own, rape, buy and sell human beings seems a bit dicey.
Except nobody fought the war for those reasons, dudette.

Raping slaves was illegal, and no one fought the Civil War for the right to engage in the slave trade which had been banned internationally for decades.

So if your claim is right, why didnt Grant let his slaves go free? Why were Missouri, Kentucky, and Maryland allowed to keep their slaves for years?

why did the South reject Lincolns offer to make slave ownership protected with a Constitutional amendment?

You dont know because all you want to know is what supports your perspective on the Civil war and really dont know jack shit about it at all.

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
The hate for blacks never ends does it?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.
How? It was the Confederacy that engaged in murder, rape, enslavement, and no right to a trial. I see no honor in neither event. The results were the same.

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month
You slavers lost.

Get over it.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Thank you Mississippi for not erasing American history like many other states have done. ... :thup:
Yea, thanks! We wouldn't want them to erase the history of murder, rape, enslavement, and racism, that defined the confederacy. No one will forget.

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
I am sorry IM 2. Thereare other versions of the War between the States.
Yea, versions that involved money and power over a race of human beings.

D'uh.

Democrats were lynching blacks right up to the 1960s.
Because they were really Republicans.
wrong.gif

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month
I have mixed opinions of this topic. On one side, the Confederacy was funded by those who had slaves and that was the main reason for separating from the union. The slaves work and the slavers gains. On the other side of this were the misled, largely uneducated southern farmers who went to war, being told that the "Yankees" were coming to take their land. I'm sure that the vast majority of those who enlisted into the Confederate army, believed that they were simply protecting their farmlands. I can feel sorry for those who were misled into fighting for a horrendous cause, while despising those who fought specifically so that humans could be held in bondage. A good twentieth century example is World War II. The Nazi regime was an abhorrent creation, however, the average German soldier was oblivious to the government's monstrous activities regarding Jews, Gypsies, and the handicapped.
The southern farmers knew that slavery existed, but didn't know that, that was what the war was really about. After the war the former German soldiers weren't reviled, but the true Nazi party members were. So, we can't and shouldn't hate the simple enlisted soldiers of the Confederacy, only those that funded the war and owned slaves.

That's rather harsh. Hitler killed himself and had he not, would have eventually been put to death. Jefferson Davis on the other hand, was eventually given a pardon and lived to be a ripe old age.
Even after the Civil War was over, Jefferson Davis, refused to swear an oath to support the United States. He should have been locked up, but Andrew Johnson sympathized with the South.

Davis was imprisoned for 2 years.

Forum List

Back