Miranda - McVeigh Vs. Shahzad

It's something I've seen alot around here..Attack the messanger instead of talking about the message. Typical Conservative fer' ya.

Typical Con?

:eusa_eh:

It happens quite a lot.. from both sides.

Jus sayin'

it does... but it happens more with the right... and they like doing it in tandem. they think that picking on someone en mass without answering a simple question makes them look ok. personally, i think they just look like imbeciles, because the question was a legitimate one.

Eh.. that's debatable..

You have rdean & Co. And we sadly have US Army Retired & Co.

Same shit, different Story.

Typical Con?

:eusa_eh:

It happens quite a lot.. from both sides.

Jus sayin'

it does... but it happens more with the right... and they like doing it in tandem. they think that picking on someone en mass without answering a simple question makes them look ok. personally, i think they just look like imbeciles, because the question was a legitimate one.

Eh.. that's debatable..

You have rdean & Co. And we sadly have US Army Retired & Co.

Same shit, different Story.

i'm not big on extremists on either side. they tend to pontificate more than they reason things out. rdean doesn't run around bullying people though.

though i'll be the first to say there are people on both sides who do.

OK......I want to be the first to officially nominate Young Lefty for the USMessageBaords first "Stupidest Boardmember award!!!!

Too late Kooky Swill..

You got that title a LLLLLLOONNNGGGG time ago...although I note Mr T is trying desperately to grab your crown. Doing a mighty find job of it as well...

race-baiting-for-dummies.jpg

So I assume you are going to go with the "blatant hypocrisy" choice? Thanks for answering.

how about we go with "false dilemma" on your part?

Soooo.. Anyone care to answer the question? Or are you going to continue to attack me and avoid the whole question?

- What is the difference between Richard Reid and Timothy McVeigh getting read their Miranda rights than Shahzad getting read his.

They were/are all three terrorists. If the reason they are doing this is to 'crack down on terror' (which makes no sense because the information they recieve w/o miranda is inadmissible) why didn't we see this effort when the Bush people read Reid his Miranda rights?

Ham-handed attempts to play the race card and juvenile false dichotomies aren't worth any more than the derision they've received.

Now, scamper along, little troll.

Dud!! Still keepin' it classy today too I see!

Jokes aside, I'm not race baiting dumbass. I asked whether it was race or just blatant hypocrisy. I guess since you hate the mention of race..It's blatant hypocrisy. Right?

I am not a lawyer, but It does not take one to realize that civillian officers should read the miranda rights to everyone they arrest.

Just to be on the safe side.

Shahzad was read his Mirand rights.

Miranda.* And no shit..I'm asking why there is such a movement from the right to end the use of miranda now..Not when Reid was read his mr

Really? Where did you ask that?

Question: Why didn't we see an effort to keep terrorist suspects from being read their rights when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, that we see now with the capturing of Faisal Shahzad? Wasn't McVeigh just as much a threat to us as Shahzad? Could this be the reason?:
He looks like us:
tim.jpg

He doesn't:
1379224.jpg

Here, you are clearly asking if their race is the reason for the difference in their treatment. The obvious answer to your initial question is simple, McVeigh was pre-9/11, not to mentioned the fact that, prior to that point, it was an unheard of event on U.S. soil.

It's the only reasonable explanation. Either that or certain politicians are just trying to cast doubt on President Obama's handling of Shahzad. Look at the shoe bomber..He was read his rights without any objection from the right. So it's either racism or blatant hypocrisy.

Now here you have mentioned "certain politicians," but that phrase does nothing to indicate to which politicians you are referring. Again you have mentioned racism. Two mentions of "racism" vs. one mention of "certain politicians." To this point, one can only conclude you think it is racism that made the difference.

You have also mentioned Richard Reid, finally. All I can say is, in my opinion, it was wrong to Mirandize him. the public safety exception should have been invoked, he should have been interrogated, then he should have been Mirandized.

By the way, you do know that it is the Obama administration that is currently considering broadening the public safety exception of Miranda, right? This is the exception that allowed law enforcement to interrogate Shahzad for four hours prior to reading him his rights.

There is Absolutely NO Comparison based upon ANYTHING. OP? You're an IDIOT. Get used to the newly-found Moniker courtesy of *ME*

Why are you so dum- Oh never mind, you listen to squeaky voice Levin don't you? That explains alot. Please answer the question (nothing else is needed..thanks for offering tho) -- What is the difference in Richard Reid and Tim McVeigh getting read their Miranda Rights, and reading them to Shahzad. They are all three U.S. citizens

Here again you have asked the question, what is the difference, but no mention of "the right." Are we supposed to read you hormone addled mind?

Oh, and Richard Reid is not a U.S. citizen, just for the record.

Soooo.. Anyone care to answer the question? Or are you going to continue to attack me and avoid the whole question?

- What is the difference between Richard Reid and Timothy McVeigh getting read their Miranda rights than Shahzad getting read his.

They were/are all three terrorists. If the reason they are doing this is to 'crack down on terror' (which makes no sense because the information they recieve w/o miranda is inadmissible) why didn't we see this effort when the Bush people read Reid his Miranda rights?

Once again, no mention of the "a movement from the right to end the use of miranda now." But we do get the favorite "Bush people" reference. 'Bout time we added "Bush" to Godwin's Law...

For the record, any information learned during questioning under the public safety exception is indeed admissable in court.

Miranda.* And no shit..I'm asking why there is such a movement from the right to end the use of miranda now..Not when Reid was read his mr

It's not until this reply, four pages into your thread, that you have finally come clean with what you really wanted to ask, but everyone else is a moron. Why didn't you just start out by asking, "Why is the right racist?" It would have saved us all a lot of time.

It's something I've seen alot around here..Attack the messanger* instead of talking about the message. Typical Conservative fer' ya.

Really? You've never seen the same type of attacks just as often from those on the left? Liar.

Oh, and it's spelled "messenger." There were more, but I've made my point. At least I make an effort to go back and correct my misspelling...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back