Minimum Wage Workers Can't afford Apartment Rent

Is millionaire Bernie aware that executives can't afford to live in decent apartments in the big cities with the price of rent and taxes? Minimum wages are not intended to be a career. CNBC estimates that over 7 million good jobs went unfilled in 2019.

Well women were forced to enter the workforce as wages were stuck and the cost of everything was rising. Simply wanting them to stay home and tend to the house is over except for a very small percentage of working families. This was really evident in the early 80s. This is when the trend began. The gap between the cost of living and wages growing continues to be big. Without two people working most households wouldn't survive today.

7 million good jobs unfilled.. hmmmm. There's probably alot of bad employers offering those jobs. If an employer has a hard time filling a position with the young, motivated, productive workforce we have today I would bet the employer is doing something wrong.

Bernie Sanders is calling it a a "National Disgrace" minimum wage workers can't afford rent for a two-bedroom apartment in any city in the US. I agree with him it is awful if our economy is doing so good, yet not even those who work very low paying jobs can pay rent anywhere. Nationally the average renter's wage is $17.57 /hour, very hard for someone make $7-8/hr to pay rent anywhere.

Well thankfully Bernie Sanders has I think a brilliant plan to bring affordable housing to the working poor. From what I am reading he is thinking of having a plan to create more affordable housing and also to impose rent control laws.

Hey Bernie your awesome buddy. Feel the Bern!
Maybe you should consider learning a useful skill, instead of just screwing up people's burger orders...

I actually have a Masters degree and a CDL. For the past year I been working a job in social services for 48k yr, before that I was an OTR truck driver for a few years. But I worked 7-12/ hr jobs for many years even after I got my masters because thats all I could get hired for.

My wife was a high school drop out, IQ of like 80, and has worked fast food all her life because thats her only option, she struggles with her job and coworkers label her as slow. She only made 10k last year with no benefits. Without me she would be back where I found her. Homeless living out of a 20 yr old car, no healthcare, no dental care, no vision care. She gets deathly sick without iron shots her body doesnt absorb vitamin pills and that shot costs $100 month without insurace. So go ahead call her lazy because she is a minimum wage worker, you think its just so easy for minimum wage workers to find better jobs even if they are mentally slow.

So she sees the advantage of the nuclear family? Minimum wage was never intended to support a family. Its for teens learning to work, second incomes and the unskilled.

And nobody should ever be harassed or denigrated for working for a living no matter what the job is. She isn't lazy if she is working. Good luck to her.

Why raise minimum wage when the workforce is FLOODED with illegal aliens who will work for 35 bucks a day (in my area)?
And not just work, they will work their ass off. They pool their money and turn a one bedroom apartment into a flop house sleeping up to a dozen.

Want to raise the cost of labor? Reduce the supply.

American workers work harder than any other nation in the world. Our work ethic is unmatched.

There are some jobs americans won't do for low wages...rightfully so. Leave those jobs unfilled. If they are important the wage would be higher.

Yep... one of the largest negative effects of feminism. Women entering the workforce literally doubled the labor supply... and the result of that is... as they say - the rest of the story.
The first mistake was letting them vote.
Troll somewhere else, you think I have an IQ of 50 or something to fall for that?
Or do you have an IQ of 50 and are serious? It's one of the other.

Why raise minimum wage when the workforce is FLOODED with illegal aliens who will work for 35 bucks a day (in my area)?
And not just work, they will work their ass off. They pool their money and turn a one bedroom apartment into a flop house sleeping up to a dozen.

Want to raise the cost of labor? Reduce the supply.

immigration-taking-jobs-comic (1).png

Thankfully women have progressed In our society. Men who can't handle it will have to adapt.

I actually have a Masters degree and a CDL. For the past year I been working a job in social services for 48k yr, before that I was an OTR truck driver for a few years. But I worked 7-12/ hr jobs for many years even after I got my masters because thats all I could get hired for.

My Masters degree earned me a six figure salary for most of my employment career.

You didn't do it right. You obviously made some poor life choices along the way.

Quit your bitching.

By the way, the best way not to be poor, besides simply working hard, is to not vote for Liberals that screw up the economy with failed Leftest economic policies.
He wasn’t bitching about his job prospects. He was bitching about his wife’s. She like many Americans didn’t do well in school, so college was not an option. She like many Americans is relegated to low paying jobs, due to low IQ. I think we as a nation need to help these people.

We have a lot of poor Americans really suffering needlessly.

you would love Marx "to each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities" in other words----punish success and reward failure. A recipe for disaster.
LOL. I merely want my fellow Americans not suffering, while their criminal government spends trillions on wars and other assorted bull shit, that only enriches the 1%.

there will always be rich and poor, if you want to help someone, do it, don't demand that the inefficient government waste MY tax money trying to make everyone EQUAL.

If you really care, donate to charities that actually help people.

Well women were forced to enter the workforce as wages were stuck and the cost of everything was rising. Simply wanting them to stay home and tend to the house is over except for a very small percentage of working families. This was really evident in the early 80s. This is when the trend began. The gap between the cost of living and wages growing continues to be big. Without two people working most households wouldn't survive today.

GK Chesterson warned that women who demanded the right to work would end up with no choice but to work.

My Masters degree earned me a six figure salary for most of my employment career.

You didn't do it right. You obviously made some poor life choices along the way.

Quit your bitching.

By the way, the best way not to be poor, besides simply working hard, is to not vote for Liberals that screw up the economy with failed Leftest economic policies.
He wasn’t bitching about his job prospects. He was bitching about his wife’s. She like many Americans didn’t do well in school, so college was not an option. She like many Americans is relegated to low paying jobs, due to low IQ. I think we as a nation need to help these people.

you would love Marx "to each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities" in other words----punish success and reward failure. A recipe for disaster.
LOL. I merely want my fellow Americans not suffering, while their criminal government spends trillions on wars and other assorted bull shit, that only enriches the 1%.

there will always be rich and poor, if you want to help someone, do it, don't demand that the inefficient government waste MY tax money trying to make everyone EQUAL.

These Moon Bats don't want to use their money to "help" the Democrat voting welfare queens.

They want to use YOUR money.

Quit your bitching.

Yeah we really shouldn’t expect our government to help the poor. They should only help the extreme wealthy.

Forum List

Back