Minimum wage and video games

Why do you guys give a fuck if someone has a Xbox or PlayStation?

tapatalk post

A topic of the day is that the minimum wage should be raised because the "working poor" are so bad off that they can't get by without the gov't supplementing their wages.

If they're able to buy extras like PlayStations then that pulls the pins out from under the argument that they aren't making a living wage. How is government intervention needed in a case like that?

in my opinion, no. If you can afford ANY extras.... then they dont need any help at all.

Time off working....is luxury time, play time. Said minimum wage working poor....should get themselves a second or third job.

You going to pay the hospital care when they drop dead from working to hard? To say most don't deserve assistance is true but to say those working and still poor are not working hard enough is plain ignorant. What you're saying is they don't deserve to be treated with respect because they don't earn enough. You should leave such elitist bullshit to liberals

tapatalk post

something is better then nothing at all......

so long as junk food and luxury items are allowed with food stamps...i have zero pity.

I doubt they give enough to eat healthy on food stamps lol that shit is expensive

tapatalk post

the idea behind food stamps is to keep people from..... "starving" It is not to satisfy junk food jonesing and a sweet tooth.

If health food is too expensive, wouldn't junk food be the only thing left?

I don't make much over minimum wage and I just bought a ps4 . I don't get government money. Yet my point is valid because i saved for it

tapatalk post

if you dont get any government entitlements.... i hope you enjoy your game to its fullest. :)

Entitlement programs in the US include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans' Administration programs, federal employee and military retirement plans, unemployment compensation, and food stamps.

Are you writing that the above folks shouldn't have video games?

All of what you said is things people paid for all their working days in money and blood fool

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

I give a fuck if they can afford luxuries. Did you not read the Ben Franklin quote above?
If they are receiving food stamps and section 8, free medical care and an obamaphone, and can afford a PlayStation, the retail cost of this luxury should be deducted from subsequent checks.

A topic of the day is that the minimum wage should be raised because the "working poor" are so bad off that they can't get by without the gov't supplementing their wages.

If they're able to buy extras like PlayStations then that pulls the pins out from under the argument that they aren't making a living wage. How is government intervention needed in a case like that?

in my opinion, no. If you can afford ANY extras.... then they dont need any help at all.

Time off working....is luxury time, play time. Said minimum wage working poor....should get themselves a second or third job.

You going to pay the hospital care when they drop dead from working to hard? To say most don't deserve assistance is true but to say those working and still poor are not working hard enough is plain ignorant. What you're saying is they don't deserve to be treated with respect because they don't earn enough. You should leave such elitist bullshit to liberals

tapatalk post

actually, yes i am going to pay for it..... obama care you know.

yes, hard work, working long hours, working more then one job.... oh my, you mean all of the things our parents and grandparents thought was the way to get ahead and a better life for their children.

Lazy.... that is the new cultural norm. What i am saying is whining they are not making enough on minimum wage to afford them the life they want is ignorant. There is nothing stopping them from getting a second or third job to make up the "difference" they claim they "need"

I doubt they give enough to eat healthy on food stamps lol that shit is expensive

tapatalk post

the idea behind food stamps is to keep people from..... "starving" It is not to satisfy junk food jonesing and a sweet tooth.

If health food is too expensive, wouldn't junk food be the only thing left?

oh please.

head of lettuce as opposed to pre washed, cut and bagged "organic" healthy lettuce.
every day foster farms chicken as opposed to free range chicken
Water as opposed to soda.

and so on.....

tapatalk post

I dont...so long as you are not using my tax dollars to help you purchase said..... luxury item game console.

you know...one of those addictive things that wastes your time...... time that said entitlement junkie...should be working or out looking for a job.

I don't make much over minimum wage and I just bought a ps4 . I don't get government money. Yet my point is valid because i saved for it

tapatalk post

What point?

You saved your money. You don't get gov't money. That's great!

I'm talking about the people who some say we're supposed to be feeling bad for because they're so poor that they have to get government help but they have more luxury items than I do.

tapatalk post

if you dont get any government entitlements.... i hope you enjoy your game to its fullest. :)

Entitlement programs in the US include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans' Administration programs, federal employee and military retirement plans, unemployment compensation, and food stamps.

Are you writing that the above folks shouldn't have video games?

Clearly retirement-related programs are a separate subject.

Disability programs would be different too.

This is about people who are working but who are spending their money on luxuries knowing that someone else will foot the bill for their food and politicians will use their "plight" to try to make taxpayers who save and prioritize feel bad about them.

I think poverty should be painful. Think of it as incentive to get out of poverty.

It is. Try cutting your food bill to the amount given in food stamps.

I will.
The moment I start relying on others to provide for me.
In the meantime, I'm paying for my own food and theirs. Yet, I still can't claim them as a dependent when I file my taxes.

While Entitlement programs in the US include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans' Administration programs, federal employee and military retirement plans and unemployment compensation ARE entitlements, food stamps are welfare.
In all of the former, you either paid for or became eligible through employment.
Food stamps are not contingent upon prior work.

While Entitlement programs in the US include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans' Administration programs, federal employee and military retirement plans and unemployment compensation ARE entitlements, food stamps are welfare.
In all of the former, you either paid for or became eligible through employment.
Food stamps are not contingent upon prior work.

Really?

Entitlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think poverty should be painful. Think of it as incentive to get out of poverty.

I will.
The moment I start relying on others to provide for me.
In the meantime, I'm paying for my own food and theirs. Yet, I still can't claim them as a dependent when I file my taxes.

That means your pro ACA. Making people pay their own way.

I'd plant a garden, or better yet, get a job.

Everyone on food stamps doesn't work? Walmart, who's collected billions in tax payer subsidy helps their employees sign up for food stamps.

all said walmart employees can go out and get second job if what they are making at one job is not enough.

maybe the government should provide a second job.....community service of some sort and pay them minimum wage instead of just handing anyone a check.

I'd plant a garden, or better yet, get a job.

Everyone on food stamps doesn't work? Walmart, who's collected billions in tax payer subsidy helps their employees sign up for food stamps.

all said walmart employees can go out and get second job if what they are making at one job is not enough.

maybe the government should provide a second job.....community service of some sort and pay them minimum wage instead of just handing anyone a check.

Or Walmart, who's benefited from billions in taxpayer subsidy, who's cash take-home in 2012 was $15B (that's not including procurement, logistics, and transportation) can be a responsible employer like me.

Or Walmart, who's benefited from billions in taxpayer subsidy, who's cash take-home in 2012 was $15B (that's not including procurement, logistics, and transportation) can be a responsible employer like me.

i really dont care what profits walmart took in...

people work for them of their own free will. No one is holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to work. They know up front what they are asking for and what wage they will be getting Wage mind you...not profit sharing. If they don't want the job, they are free to leave at any time. If they dont think they are making enough, they are free to find another job, or a second job.

Forum List

Back