Military Coup In Iraq: Prime Minister Maliki Refuses To Step Down; Security Forces On

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
The Obama gift that keeps giving

-Geaux

===================================

Just days after the US launched a campaign that implicitly aides the current regime headed by the supposedly outgoing PM, al-Maliki, it appears that latest US intervention has already led to "unexpected" consequences, this time with the prime minister appearing to have just staged a coup overthrowing Iraq's president President Fouad Massoum moments ago.

Reuters reports that the prime minister "indicated that he will not drop his bid for a third term and accused the president of violating the constitution in a tough televised speech likely to deepen political tensions as a Sunni insurgency rages. Maliki, seen as an authoritarian and sectarian leader, has defied calls by Sunnis, Kurds, some fellow Shi'ites and regional power broker Iran to step aside for a less polarising figure who can unite Iraqis against Islamic State militants.

The days of Iraq's president appear numbered:

Military Coup In Iraq: Prime Minister Maliki Refuses To Step Down; Security Forces On Alert, Encircle Presidential Palace | Zero Hedge

Anyone who actually keeps up with these things knows that Malaki's days as president are numbered.

Anyone who actually keeps up with these things knows that Malaki's days as president are numbered.

Meanwhile, just who is Obama supporting? I can't keep up with his endless moving targets

-Geaux

Maliki was chosen by Bush, the President has been quite open in his request that Maliki step down; Maliki has chosen not to do so. Bad choice by Bush, yes. Zero Hedge is........not worth -0- on this; Maliki called in the troops to be available when he announces he is running for a third term. There was a thread on this yesterday.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, just who is Obama supporting? I can't keep up with his endless moving targets

-Geaux

Maliki was chosen by Bush, the President has been quite in his request that Malaki step down; Maliki has chosen not to do so. Bad choice by Bush, yes.

Yet, Obama is supporting Maliki?

-Geaux

-Geaux

He's not really supporting anyone right now, Malaki wanted to go it alone so Obama let him and when he does go down it will be his fault and good riddance to bad rubbish.

-Geaux

He's not really supporting anyone right now, Malaki wanted to go it alone so Obama let him and when he does go down it will be his fault and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Yesterday the line was "BAGHDAD IMPLODING".

-Geaux

Maliki was chosen by Bush, the President has been quite open in his request that Maliki step down; Maliki has chosen not to do so. Bad choice by Bush, yes. Zero Hedge is........not worth -0- on this; Maliki called in the troops to be available when he announces he is running for a third term. There was a thread on this yesterday.

Hello.

Republicans own this one.

This thread is a good example of conservatives having no interest in a bad situation that they cannot really blame on Obama.

This thread is a good example of conservatives having no interest in a bad situation that they cannot really blame on Obama.

True. Republicans put Maliki in charge because they relate to him. Especially the part about an exclusionary government. Clearly, that's what the GOP wants to do here.

Obama is putting Isis in charge of both Syria and Iraq

Links?

ISISWAR-400x270.jpg

140613-iraq-baghdad-military-656a_65d85e564e83a805b1c9b6823148a08b.jpg

BqLsGq4IMAARWUG.png:medium

-Geaux

Maliki was chosen by Bush, the President has been quite in his request that Malaki step down; Maliki has chosen not to do so. Bad choice by Bush, yes.

Yet, Obama is supporting Maliki?

-Geaux

Are you fucking kidding me? Obama is a Sunni man. Team ISIS. He wants Maliki and Assad gone.

You saw how his other Sunni picks went in Egypt and Libya. I don't blame Maliki for getting himself surrounded by guards before Obama tries to whack him too.

True. Republicans put Maliki in charge because they relate to him. Especially the part about an exclusionary government. Clearly, that's what the GOP wants to do here.

Keep on with your bullshit rdean. You make Debbie W-S look like a champ.

:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back