Michigan School Shooting, 3 dead.

Yes, you've totally missed the point that other developed nations that discussed the gun don't have America's firearm homicide problem.
I know that will continue, exceptionalism is exceptional after all.
That is not true...
1638749214323.png

I already pointed out that the counselor knew this was a sports shooting family.

The lack of appropriate laws may have led to it, or these parents may have ignored it. No one knows. If they did, though, charging them would be easier. I predict those laws on safe storage will be coming to Michigan, too late.
What is wrong with a sports shooting family? You sure are fixated on the inanimate object in this case.

I’m for gun rights, but that map really just groups us in with the shittier countries of the world.
The map clearly refutes what the poster I replied to was claiming, that's why I posted it.

The map clearly refutes what the poster I replied to was claiming, that's why I posted it.
the poster you replied to was talking about us vs other developed nations.

The countries in that map with similar red/orange coloring are in South America and sub Saharan Africa. Those aren’t developed countries, like Canada or Europe or Japan.

But that’s all misleading, the problem with leftists is they blame the gun violence rate on the 2nd amendment. It has to do with other social issues. Countries like Mexico and Brazil have very high gun violence rates and very strict gun laws. Obviously, the secret to lowering gun violence isn’t stricter gun control laws.

And you still won't address the blame that should be placed on the parents because you're a coward.
I suppose this is the bone you are trying to pick but I have addressed it

How can you condemn the parents when you dont have all the facts?

All we know for sure is that the educators failed to protect the students

Why are you defending the parents?

No one is questioning their right to own the gun, or to bring their son to a rifle range. Nothing to do with why they’re being charged with manslaughter. Apples and oranges.

It’s about everything they did and didn’t do that lead to the massacre. They are at least as much to blame as the school.

Your map reinforced it, it did not refute it.

Look who we are better than...do you consider those to be good measuring sticks?

No, it's 100% illegal to buy a 15 year old a handgun.
I’ve gifted both my sons firearms when they were minors for Christmas and birthdays.

Of course, they used those guns only under my supervision and when not in use the guns were kept in the safe.

That’s why many don’t find the events leading up to the shooting alarming – they too purchased firearms for a minor, they too took a minor son or daughter to the gun range.

It was therefore not irresponsible for the parents to purchase a firearm for their son; what was irresponsible was their failure to monitor his access to the firearm.

Requiring guns be secured when there are no adults in the home in no manner violates the right to self-defense.

Laws can be composed and endorsed by the courts that afford adults easy access to firearms in the home where minor children are denied access to guns that likewise doesn’t interfere with citizens’ right to self-defense.
Yes, and a liberal state like Michigan would be expected to have such a law.

But they did not. That's was my point. The parents did not break any law, but public opinion wants them punished, out of frustration that we cannot seem to figure out why our pressure cooker public schools drive our children to the point of homicidal mania.

There’s a reason you’ve been dodging that question. It’s because you’re a coward.

What we do know is that they bought the weapon for him as a gift and failed to secure the weapon. What other facts do you need to say that they’re at fault?

There’s no law, but when your son’s school brings to your attention the fact that he’s planning, or at least fantasizing about a shooting, you ought to warn the school you recently bought him a gun.

There’s no legal requirement, but it was retarded and dangerous for them not to have made that connection.
The statement is irrelevant and inflammatory because it implies that the disclosure should have occurred at the time the firearm was purchased.

Yes, and a liberal state like Michigan would be expected to have such a law.

But they did not. That's was my point. The parents did not break any law, but public opinion wants them punished, out of frustration that we cannot seem to figure out why our pressure cooker public schools drive our children to the point of homicidal mania.
Yes, it is against federal law to buy a minor a handgun.

the poster you replied to was talking about us vs other developed nations.

The countries in that map with similar red/orange coloring are in South America and sub Saharan Africa. Those aren’t developed countries, like Canada or Europe or Japan.

But that’s all misleading, the problem with leftists is they blame the gun violence rate on the 2nd amendment. It has to do with other social issues. Countries like Mexico and Brazil have very high gun violence rates and very strict gun laws. Obviously, the secret to lowering gun violence isn’t stricter gun control laws.
'Developed' is a matter of definition. The left has gotten away with the phrase 'gun violence' which is intentionally misleading. We all know guns are not violent.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Left and right are in no manner ‘the same’ – ‘extreme’ or otherwise.

Indeed, there is no ‘far right’; what’s perceived as ‘far right’ is in fact mainstream conservativism.
I realize trump tried to capture mainstream conservatism and hold it captive but he was not able to, fortunately most people saw right through him. Mainstream conservatism is still very much alive and has nothing to do with the far right. They are disease of themselves.

Forum List

Back