Mexico City ban on bullfighting extended indefinitely

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The company said it would appeal the ruling.

“The company will postpone the scheduled bullfights and novilladas and will continue with legal defense of Mexican customs and traditions, to the full extent the law allows,” Plaza Mexico said in a statement.

However, a higher court has already rejected one appeal against the ruling. Further hearings must be held on whether to uphold the ban, or make it permanent.

The judge originally decreed a temporary ban in May, based on complaints that bullfights violated resident’s rights to a healthy environment free from violence.

Bull fights had been scheduled at the city’s main professional ring in July and September, according to previous announcements.

The decision threatens to mark the end of almost 500 years of bullfighting in Mexico.

You can't ban them. I haven't got to see one yet. Secondly, this is ludicrous considering the number of people that are murdered and left in trash bags.

fuck it.gif

I went to a bullfight in Acapulco in 1997.

From the moment the bull steps into the ring it's dying. It's drugged before it's let into the ring to the point where it can't really defend itself. I don't get queasy over much, but it was difficult to watch. It was barbaric.

Wouldn't break my heart if they did away with them...

I went to a bullfight in Acapulco in 1997.

From the moment the bull steps into the ring it's dying. It's drugged before it's let into the ring to the point where it can't really defend itself. I don't get queasy over much, but it was difficult to watch. It was barbaric.

Wouldn't break my heart if they did away with them...
Public torture of an animal

You can't ban them. I haven't got to see one yet. Secondly, this is ludicrous considering the number of people that are murdered and left in trash bags.
Why should an innocent bull have to suffer for that?

Forum List

Back