Meet my cat

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Suki the cat goes through agility training. [VIDEO]

Okay, so I lied. That's not only not my cat but my two cats (ad the dog) are utterly worthless.

My cat (The Great Catsby, an enormous Maine coon cat rescued from a kitten mill) is sound asleep behind me, forcing me to perch on the edge of my chair. Later, he'll curl up in the crook my legs so I can't turn over in bed. Later still, he'll come sit on my chest with his face just barely touching mine, tickling me with his whiskers until I come up outta bed screaming, sneezing, snuffling and clawing at my face.

I have photos of Catsby's father that look like one of those believe-it-or-not photos you find on line. His father was enormous and Catsby is trying hard to catch up with him.

We have another cat but she's smarter than Catsby. Her name is Brody, named for Steve Brody (Brodie?) who jumped from the Brooklyn bridge and survived. Brody the cat was apparently thrown from a moving car when she was about 6 weeks old, very tiny and malnourished. The monster who did it apparently meant for her to be thrown over the bridge and into the lake but the scumbag missed.

(Note that it was Brody the human who jumped from the Brooklyn bridge while Brody the cat was thrown out of a car near a completely different bridge in a different part of the country.)

Instead, her faced was badly mangled from hitting the concrete barrier. We were driving across the bridge near our home when I saw her. We turned around and walked out onto the bridge to get her. A sheriff came along, we told him what we were doing and he followed along so we didn't get creamed on the bridge. Just as we got to her, just as I reached down to pick her up, she made a dive for the drainage hole. If I hadn't caught her, it was a straight shot to the lake below and there would not have been anything we could have done. That was her lucky day.

We also have a long suffering dog, also a rescue, part collie, part GSD. Even when Catsby was tiny, he could walk under the dog's nose and eat out of his dish. Czar, the dog's, favorite past time is crunching ice cubes which Catsby takes away from him. Catsby also takes his Nyla bones away fro him. Poor dog just puts up with it.

Anyway, enjoy the video.

Aw luddly! Loved the story. You are a very kind person and anyone that would do what you did for your furkids, is a good soul. Wish I could rep ya....so instead I will just smile at ya. :)

Suki the cat goes through agility training. [VIDEO]

Okay, so I lied. That's not only not my cat but my two cats (ad the dog) are utterly worthless.

My cat (The Great Catsby, an enormous Maine coon cat rescued from a kitten mill) is sound asleep behind me, forcing me to perch on the edge of my chair. Later, he'll curl up in the crook my legs so I can't turn over in bed. Later still, he'll come sit on my chest with his face just barely touching mine, tickling me with his whiskers until I come up outta bed screaming, sneezing, snuffling and clawing at my face.

I have photos of Catsby's father that look like one of those believe-it-or-not photos you find on line. His father was enormous and Catsby is trying hard to catch up with him.

We have another cat but she's smarter than Catsby. Her name is Brody, named for Steve Brody (Brodie?) who jumped from the Brooklyn bridge and survived. Brody the cat was apparently thrown from a moving car when she was about 6 weeks old, very tiny and malnourished. The monster who did it apparently meant for her to be thrown over the bridge and into the lake but the scumbag missed.

(Note that it was Brody the human who jumped from the Brooklyn bridge while Brody the cat was thrown out of a car near a completely different bridge in a different part of the country.)

Instead, her faced was badly mangled from hitting the concrete barrier. We were driving across the bridge near our home when I saw her. We turned around and walked out onto the bridge to get her. A sheriff came along, we told him what we were doing and he followed along so we didn't get creamed on the bridge. Just as we got to her, just as I reached down to pick her up, she made a dive for the drainage hole. If I hadn't caught her, it was a straight shot to the lake below and there would not have been anything we could have done. That was her lucky day.

We also have a long suffering dog, also a rescue, part collie, part GSD. Even when Catsby was tiny, he could walk under the dog's nose and eat out of his dish. Czar, the dog's, favorite past time is crunching ice cubes which Catsby takes away from him. Catsby also takes his Nyla bones away fro him. Poor dog just puts up with it.

Anyway, enjoy the video.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

LOVED THAT LN. Thanks so much for the lively entertainment. That cat and her trainer are beyond awesome. Purr-fect music selection for the performing cat, too. I plan to watch it again. I just came over here to log off, and noticed the post. :D

Thanks, Luddly! I've never seen a cat do that before! Your animals are truly lucky to have you! The rescue story about Brody was wonderful. I'm sure Brody is so thankful to be in the care of someone so loving towards animals. Thank goodness she did not jump down that drain!

- Jeri

Forum List

Back