Medieval soldier found with sword and knives at the bottom of a Lithuanian lake

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
More than 500 years ago, a medieval soldier's dead body settled at the bottom of a Lithuanian lake, and for centuries it lay hidden beneath the mud. Now, those submerged remains have finally been found.

The skeleton was discovered during an underwater inspection of the old Dubingiai bridge in eastern Lithuania's Lake Asveja. Though the skeleton lay under a layer of sand and silt, the scene was not a burial, said archaeologist Elena Pranckėnaitė, a researcher with Klaipėda University in Klaipėda, Lithuania, according to the Baltic News Service (BNS). Rather, water currents likely deposited sediments that covered the remains over time.

Scientists with the Faculty of Medicine at Vilnius University in Vilnius, Lithuania, examined the body and reported that the person was male and that he died in the 16th century, though they don't yet know why he died, according to BNS. Weapons and other items recovered from the lake bottom near the body hinted at the dead man's military status, Pranckėnaitė told Live Science in an email.

At this point, they believe that his death is linked to the bridge that had been built at that time.

More than 500 years ago, a medieval soldier's dead body settled at the bottom of a Lithuanian lake, and for centuries it lay hidden beneath the mud. Now, those submerged remains have finally been found.

The skeleton was discovered during an underwater inspection of the old Dubingiai bridge in eastern Lithuania's Lake Asveja. Though the skeleton lay under a layer of sand and silt, the scene was not a burial, said archaeologist Elena Pranckėnaitė, a researcher with Klaipėda University in Klaipėda, Lithuania, according to the Baltic News Service (BNS). Rather, water currents likely deposited sediments that covered the remains over time.

Scientists with the Faculty of Medicine at Vilnius University in Vilnius, Lithuania, examined the body and reported that the person was male and that he died in the 16th century, though they don't yet know why he died, according to BNS. Weapons and other items recovered from the lake bottom near the body hinted at the dead man's military status, Pranckėnaitė told Live Science in an email.

At this point, they believe that his death is linked to the bridge that had been built at that time.
Or he met Debbie Wasamansnitch and died by drowning getting away from her.

Are you my prince charming, fuck that lady, i am going to suicide by drowning...
AP_18228666739740-1-e1535542302379-1024x640.jpg

Ya, she isn't old enough.
But getting back to the actual story, i love the gallantry of knights and how they went around the country. Of course it was a feudal system and i cant stand anyone who thinks they are royal, but i cant just people of the past because their lives were so much different.

When i was growing up , i wanted to be the knight in shining armor, who would save the fair damsel in distress. But then when i grew up and had a brain, i realized that everyone smelled really bad back then, every where you went it smelled. Thanks but no, i am not a romantic to want to go to the past, being a romantic here is just fine with me.

Timeline (2003) - IMDb

Forum List

Back