Media Finally Getting Wise???

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
Have some members of the mainstream media finally noticed the ever growing trail of lugnuts laying on the track behind the AGW crazytrain and determined that those nuts may be an indication that the wheels are falling off? Could it be that they have sensed a coming sea change in the status of the AGW hypothesis and don't want to come down on the wrong side looking like complete and gullible idiots?

Organized by the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, 17 news organizations, including National Public Radio, Dow Jones, and The Washington Post, submitted an amicus brief in November, supporting the group’s rights to Mann’s emails.

“By defining an exemption to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (‘VFOIA’) as broadly as the lower court has done, this Court Would be, in effect, removing almost all public documents from the ambit of the records law,” reads the brief. By exempting Mann’s emails from public release, the group argues, the court is setting what journalists see as a dangerous precedent—making it much more difficult to gain access to public records.

Popcorn futures expected to rise sharply.

Really.

After all, the days of the hoax are coming to an end and who besides you and a few select crazies on this board wants to end up looking like first class rubes for buying so completely into a hoax?

:2up:

Love that opening post comment about lugnuts and crazytrains..

Not sure what puts Mann's emails "in the public domain", but heck -- I'll go with the press hounds on this.

:dev3:

Perhaps the vast left wing conspiracy is just cooking up something new? Be skeert cons be skeert!!!

Not sure I agree with their conclusion that the MEDIA should have access to those emails, but I do agree they should be legal for COURT access and THEN public dissemination..

Something is afoot.. Can't trust that 4th Estate leftist cartel....

Not sure what puts Mann's emails "in the public domain", but heck -- I'll go with the press hounds on this.

He was suckling at the public teat when he wrote them....when you work for "the people" the people have a right to view all aspects of your work unless it is classified. My wife works in HR for state government and her emails are subject to request by anyone who qualifies as "the people" as well as any data she may generate in the process of doing the job "the people" are paying her to do.

He was suckling at the public teat when he wrote them....when you work for "the people" the people have a right to view all aspects of your work unless it is classified. My wife works in HR for state government and her emails are subject to request by anyone who qualifies as "the people" as well as any data she may generate in the process of doing the job "the people" are paying her to do.

I still need to give a rational description of my REASON for accessing them. The reason for the request has to be evaluated as "in the public interest" to avoid being probed by envious colleagues or beat-up Grad students..

I still need to give a rational description of my REASON for accessing them. The reason for the request has to be evaluated as "in the public interest" to avoid being probed by envious colleagues or beat-up Grad students..

I would say that suspicion of fraud, deception, and use of public money for the purpose of fraud and deception raises to the level of "in the public interest".

I'm curious where you get the idea that filing an amicus brief in this case says anything about their opinion concerning AGW. No one has claimed that Mann's emails are protected because AGW is valid and no one is suggesting they should be accessible because its not.

Forum List

Back