mcmichaels charged with hate crime on the arbery case, new trial coming

We have been over this already and my position has not changed

there was only act and libs are entitled to only one trial

However, in a legal sense, one is not tried for the act; one is tried for the laws violated. If one act violates multiple laws, then one is tried for each law violated.

There are a number of crimes which can result in both state charges and federal charges. Kidnapping, for example. If one kidnaps a child and remains inside one state, one is charged by the state. However, if one kidnaps a child and crosses state lines, one has now ALSO violated federal kidnapping laws and can be charged by both the state and the federal government.

Bank robbery is a state felony, and also automatically a federal crime. One could be charged for violating state laws against armed robbery, and then also for violating federal laws against robbing banks.

The exact same thing you're presuming to judge them for. Do try not to be such a caricature of ignorance and amorality.
Morality is subjective and I don't presume anything, I assess with facts and information. There are a lot of racists whites in this country and in this thread trying to defend another bunch of racists who chased down and murdered a innocent black man because he was black. What's wrong with being bigoted against people who would do and defend that?

However, in a legal sense, one is not tried for the act; one is tried for the laws violated. If one act violates multiple laws, then one is tried for each law violated.

There are a number of crimes which can result in both state charges and federal charges. Kidnapping, for example. If one kidnaps a child and remains inside one state, one is charged by the state. However, if one kidnaps a child and crosses state lines, one has now ALSO violated federal kidnapping laws and can be charged by both the state and the federal government.

Bank robbery is a state felony, and also automatically a federal crime. One could be charged for violating state laws against armed robbery, and then also for violating federal laws against robbing banks.
Robbing a bank is a fact or not

harboring hate for black people is an opinion that, ad some libs here have pointed out, can be applied to anyone at any time

Never mind what the ambulance chasers and unelected black robes say, hate crime laws are are unconstitutional in my opinion

dont put me on a jury if exercising my free speech is all you have

I asked you for an example and you have nothing
Sure. Here's something you posted from another thread which I think could be used by a prosecutor in some potential future trial to prove you're an incredible racist.

You know what?

I just dont care

blacks can bitch themselves into oblivion for all I care

it doesn't bother me anymore

When the cops have to deal with morons suffering from the black brain disease those are difficult circumstances that civilians dont have to face

and the cops get it right 99.999% of the time

Which is good enough for me

Morality is subjective and I don't presume anything, I assess with facts and information. There are a lot of racists whites in this country and in this thread trying to defend another bunch of racists who chased down and murdered a innocent black man because he was black. What's wrong with being bigoted against people who would do and defend that?

"Morality is subjective" = The battle cry of every evil person who wants to feel good about his evil.

I realize from your posts that you're probably not bright enough to understand this, but being a proud racist undermines your "outrage" at the racism of others. If it's wrong for you, it's wrong for them. If it's not wrong for you, then you have nothing to bitch about in them.

Robbing a bank is a fact or not

harboring hate for black people is an opinion that, ad some libs here have pointed out, can be applied to anyone at any time

Never mind what the ambulance chasers and unelected black robes say, hate crime laws are are unconstitutional in my opinion

dont put me on a jury if exercising my free speech is all you have

You're moving goalposts. We're discussing whether or not a federal charge against someone who's been convicted in state court is a violation of double jeopardy. You've had it pointed out that your allegation in that regard is false, and instead of dealing with it, you've topic-hopped to, "Well . . . well, hate crime laws are silly."

Stick to one topic at a time, please, because it makes it look like you've lost, you know you've lost, and you don't have the intellectual honesty to admit it.

You've had it pointed out that your allegation in that regard is false, and instead of dealing with it, you've topic-hopped to, "Well . . . well, hate crime laws are silly."
Maybe so

but much of what pinheads in the legal racket do is an affront to common sense

And thats all I have been trying to say

because its obvious that the esteemed judges do no agree with me on this

"Morality is subjective" = The battle cry of every evil person who wants to feel good about his evil.
That's heavy on the name calling and light on the rational arguments. Go ahead and make your best argument for objective morality.
I realize from your posts that you're probably not bright enough to understand this, but being a proud racist undermines your "outrage" at the racism of others. If it's wrong for you, it's wrong for them. If it's not wrong for you, then you have nothing to bitch about in them.
I'm not a racist. Who do you imagine I'm racist against?

Maybe so

but much of what pinheads in the legal racket is an affront to common sense

And I am particularly bothered by it because of the inherent evil of libs who will twist and abuse the law to crush their political enemies

which is what is going on now

Maybe so

but much of what pinheads in the legal racket is an affront to common sense

You can dislike hate crime laws if you want. I don't think much of them myself. But for the moment, they ARE the law, and it has nothing to do with double jeopardy. Please stop trying to change the subject.

And I am particularly bothered by it because of the inherent evil of libs who will twist and abuse the law to crush their political enemies

which is what is going on now
Shouldn't racists be everyone's enemies? 😄

That's heavy on the name calling and light on the rational arguments. Go ahead and make your best argument for objective morality.

I'm not a racist. Who do you imagine I'm racist against?

Sorry, Sparkles, but chopping up my post so you can make an accusation that doesn't work if you deal with the whole post is just another way of saying, "I know you're right, but I'm too dishonest to admit it and too chickenshit to deal with it."

Your craven surrender is noted, and I am moving on to people who aren't ignorant enough to be racist. Enjoy your primitive bigotry.

You can dislike hate crime laws if you want. I don't think much of them myself. But for the moment, they ARE the law, and it has nothing to do with double jeopardy. Please stop trying to change the subject.
As I recall everything Hitler did was protected by german law

at least one otherwise respected high ranking judge was convicted of war crimes in 1946

Sorry, Sparkles, but chopping up my post so you can make an accusation that doesn't work if you deal with the whole post is just another way of saying, "I know you're right, but I'm too dishonest to admit it and too chickenshit to deal with it."

Your craven surrender is noted, and I am moving on to people who aren't ignorant enough to be racist. Enjoy your primitive bigotry.
Just more name calling. You can't make a rational argument for objective morality and you can't provide evidence of my racism against anyone. I enjoy you scurrying away as fast as you can. 😄

As I recall everything Hitler did was protected by german law

at least one otherwise respected high ranking judge was convicted of war crimes in 1946

I'll take this as an admission that you can't make your original point and know it, and move on to someone who isn't trying to force me onto a tangent with them.

I'll take this as an admission that you can't make your original point and know it, and move on to someone who isn't trying to force me onto a tangent with them.
My original point still stands

I have never said that the government does not have to power to engage in unconstitutional behavior

but they should not be allowed to

Just more name calling. You can't make a rational argument for objective morality and you can't provide evidence of my racism against anyone. I enjoy you scurrying away as fast as you can. 😄

As if it matters to anyone what delusions mental patients enjoy.

Please don't let me interrupt you defeating your own arguments simply by existing.

I have never said that the government does not have to power to engage in unconstitutional behavior

but they should not be allowed to

Is there some part of "You don't get to force the argument you want on me after you lose the argument I actually agreed to?" that doesn't register with you?

Federal hate crime trials are not a violation of double jeopardy. THAT is the debate I agreed to have. Continuing to prattle at me about whether or not you like hate crime laws will not force me to ignore your topic-hopping, nor will it cover up the fact that you lost the actual debate we were having.

Forum List

Back