McDonald's to Raise Wages

Increasing Min wage NEVER has done anything to the US economy except to drive it. Increasing wages to those on the margin NEVER shows the horror stories cons predict. Ever. Good Biz deals with costs all the time

I could not possibly care any less about "the US economy". My concern is my personal finances and nothing more. As these businesses are ones I go to simply because their products are cheap, even a small increase in prices can mean the loss of my business.

Increasing Min wage NEVER has done anything to the US economy except to drive it. Increasing wages to those on the margin NEVER shows the horror stories cons predict. Ever. Good Biz deals with costs all the time

I could not possibly care any less about "the US economy". My concern is my personal finances and nothing more. As these businesses are ones I go to simply because their products are cheap, even a small increase in prices can mean the loss of my business.

Costs increase all the time, a good Biz deals with it. IF giving the those on the lowest rung, where over 60% work for Corps with 500+ employees, and helps them increase their standard of living, I'm 100% behind it. The other extreme is to allow US to become a 3rd world nation like conservative policies want US to!!!

Conservatives who are against welfare because it "creates dependence on the Government" SHOULD be in favor of an increased minimum wage. Increasing the minimum wage to the point that full-time employees do not NEED government assistance would result in a MASSIVE reduction of the people on Gov't aide

Currently, the government effectively subsidizes employers who pay low wages.

Conservatives who are against welfare because it "creates dependence on the Government" SHOULD be in favor of an increased minimum wage..

too stupid when price of labor goes up demand goes down so fewer are employed and fewer can buy at the new higher prices so no net gain is possible.

Econ 101. ever think of college??

The other extreme is to allow US to become a 3rd world nation like conservative policies want US to!!!
soviet Obamacare intervention leads to extreme poverty as we have seen many times. Captitalism leads to the fastest possible increases in standard of living and wages since it forces business to pay the highest wages possible. or go bankrupt against competition that pays more.

I'm saying HISTORY says IF the "job creators" could get away with $3 an hour, they would AND there would be people working at that wage!!!

But only because they choose to accept such a low wage.

Good thing we have Gov't policy versus accepting the "free market" BS right?

Are you saying that people cannot make good decisions for themselves and that government is better equipped to make decisions for them?

wow weird

large greedy corporations giving raises

WITHOUT the assistance of big brother increasing minimum wages

Guess the protests paid off at the fast food places?

how so --LOL

perhaps protests paid off in that some workers will get higher wages but that means all of us can afford to eat out less often now due to the higher prices and so some fast food workers will lose their jobs.

yes i quit going to mcdonalds when it became as expensive as the mom and pop places
wow weird

large greedy corporations giving raises

WITHOUT the assistance of big brother increasing minimum wages

Perhaps, which goes to show that dealing with wages through self advocacy between one's self and one's employer is a far superior solution to dealing with low wages than resorting to government action.

Yeah, BECAUSE without a federal Min wage they'd be making $3 an hour in states like Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, etc *shaking head*

Sorry, Gov't action created the worlds largest middle class using PROGRESSIVE policies. Without it the US would look like the 3rd world nation we were (and cons are trying to take US back too)

are you saying that YOU would accept 3 dollars an hour

if your employer could "get away with it"

I'm saying HISTORY says IF the "job creators" could get away with $3 an hour, they would AND there would be people working at that wage!!!

Conservative economics and the "free markets" work that way!

chris-rock-on-minimum-wage..jpeg

so even though chris rock worked for minimum wage at one time

he was able to move on and make it big time on his own --LOL

you are your own worst enemy --LOL

nice try though idiot --LOL

Costs increase all the time, a good Biz deals with it. IF giving the those on the lowest rung, where over 60% work for Corps with 500+ employees, and helps them increase their standard of living, I'm 100% behind it. The other extreme is to allow US to become a 3rd world nation like conservative policies want US to!!!

Most cost increases are created by the market not unilaterally by the Government. I can accept a cost increase based on market fluctuations. I WILL NOT pay more because the Government tells a company it has to pay more to employees who don't even EARN the $7.50 they make now.

Conservatives who are against welfare because it "creates dependence on the Government" SHOULD be in favor of an increased minimum wage. Increasing the minimum wage to the point that full-time employees do not NEED government assistance would result in a MASSIVE reduction of the people on Gov't aide.

My belief has always been that minimum wage jobs are for entry level individuals and those who have failed to be able to improve themselves past poverty level. Increasing the minimum wage creates an unrealistic expectation for entry level workers and rewards those who have failed to put the effort into improving themselves.

But only because they choose to accept such a low wage.

Good thing we have Gov't policy versus accepting the "free market" BS right?

Are you saying that people cannot make good decisions for themselves and that government is better equipped to make decisions for them?

I'm saying there isn't one nation on earth who follows the libertarian BS. Without Gov't policy, the US workers would look much like most of Latin America/Asia as we did BEFORE PROGRESSIVE POLICIES, Most enabled by Gov't action created the worlds largest middle class!

how so --LOL

perhaps protests paid off in that some workers will get higher wages but that means all of us can afford to eat out less often now due to the higher prices and so some fast food workers will lose their jobs.

yes i quit going to mcdonalds when it became as expensive as the mom and pop places

Perhaps, which goes to show that dealing with wages through self advocacy between one's self and one's employer is a far superior solution to dealing with low wages than resorting to government action.

Yeah, BECAUSE without a federal Min wage they'd be making $3 an hour in states like Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, etc *shaking head*

Sorry, Gov't action created the worlds largest middle class using PROGRESSIVE policies. Without it the US would look like the 3rd world nation we were (and cons are trying to take US back too)

are you saying that YOU would accept 3 dollars an hour

if your employer could "get away with it"

Conservative economics and the "free markets" work that way!

so even though chris rock worked for minimum wage at one time

he was able to move on and make it big time on his own --LOL

you are your own worst enemy --LOL

nice try though idiot --LOL

Don't understand the context huh? Gosh YOU must be a conservative Bubs.

Who EVER said those at min wage never move up?

If it weren't for false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right wing morons ever have?

Most cost increases are created by the market not unilaterally by the Government. I can accept a cost increase based on market fluctuations. I WILL NOT pay more because the Government tells a company it has to pay more to employees who don't even EARN the $7.50 they make now.

Conservatives who are against welfare because it "creates dependence on the Government" SHOULD be in favor of an increased minimum wage. Increasing the minimum wage to the point that full-time employees do not NEED government assistance would result in a MASSIVE reduction of the people on Gov't aide.

My belief has always been that minimum wage jobs are for entry level individuals and those who have failed to be able to improve themselves past poverty level. Increasing the minimum wage creates an unrealistic expectation for entry level workers and rewards those who have failed to put the effort into improving themselves.

Same BS we've heard for decades on the min wage, weird how it hasn't collapsed the economy yet right?

AS more and more jobs are in the service industry, thanks mainly to conservative policy that rewards off shoring of jobs, you whine about them not improving themselves? lol

HINT, low wage jobs are the expected result of conservative policy like trickle down where Corps can make their highest profits EVER and pay the least labor costs ever ALSO!

Same BS we've heard for decades on the min wage, weird how it hasn't collapsed the economy yet right?

How many times do I have to say it...... I DON'T GIVE A FUCKING ABOUT THE US ECONOMY!!!!!! That is not what I care about. MY ECONOMY is the only one I care about.

too stupid when price of labor goes up demand goes down so fewer are employed and fewer can buy at the new higher prices so no net gain is possible.

Econ 101. ever think of college??
You're an idiot! Hamburger meat price went up 400% because of inflation due to deficit spending to support workers on the government dole. WHERE WERE YOU THEN IDIOT? This massive input cost inflation harmed all restaurants. McDonalds was forced to increased McDouble prices 35%. Inflation will stop when workers are paid by their employers instead of government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back